Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: New Israeli Drugs May Cure COVID, Successful In Clinical Trials
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/04/2021 01:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/04/2021 01:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

New Israeli Drugs May Cure COVID, Successful In Clinical Trials
CONSERVATIVE NEWS DAILY
MAY 4, 2021

A drug developed in Israel to cure COVID-19 was tested in a clinical trial on 30 patients suffering from the disease and reportedly cured 29 of the 30 people.

The trial, conducted at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, tested an experimental inhaled medication called EXO-CD24. The drug, developed by Ichilov, reportedly stops the "cytokine storm," the body's reaction to COVID-19 in which the immune system reacts by savaging healthy cells.

"Cytokine storm and cytokine release syndrome are life-threatening systemic inflammatory syndromes involving elevated levels of circulating cytokines and immune-cell hyperactivation that can be triggered by various therapies, pathogens, cancers, autoimmune conditions, and monogenic disorders. From a historical perspective, cytokine storm was previously referred to as an influenza-like syndrome that occurred after systemic infections such as sepsis and after immunotherapies such as Coley's toxins," The New England Journal of Medicine has explained.

"To date, the preparation has been tried with great success on 30 severe patients, in 29 of whom the medical condition improved within two to three days and most of them were discharged home within three to five days. The 30th patient also recovered but after a longer time," Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center stated, according to Israel 21.

According to Ichilov director and Israel's former corona virus czar Roni Gamzu, the research "is advanced and sophisticated and may save coronavirus patients. The results of the phase 1 trial are excellent and give us all confidence in the method [Arber] has been researching in his lab for many years," The Times of Israel reported.

"The preparation is given by inhalation, once a day, for only a few minutes, for five days. The drug is based on exosomes, [vesicles] that are released from the cell membrane and used for intercellular communication. We enrich the exosomes with 24CD protein. This protein is expressed on the surface of the cell and has a known and important role in regulating the immune system," Dr. Shiran Shapira asserted.

Shapira serves as director of the laboratory of Prof. Nadir Arber; Arber has been researching the CD24 protein for more than twenty years.

Shapiro said ingestion of the drug caused no systemic side effects that injected or oral drugs might precipitate. Arber stated that the drug "can be produced quickly and efficiently and at a very low cost in every pharmaceutical facility in the country, and in a short time globally."

Prof. Ronni Gamzu, CEO of the medical center, said, "Prof. Arber's results for first-phase research were excellent and gave us all confidence in the method he has been researching [here] for many years. I personally assisted him in further obtaining the approvals from the Ministry of Health for further research."

Another new drug, Allocetra, was tested in a Phase II clinical trial; of 16 Covid patients, fourteen recovered and left the hospital after an average of 5.3 days.

Prof. Vernon van Heerden, the lead investigator of the clinical trials, said, "The Phase II patients who have been discharged from the hospital are currently healthy. We believe that these compelling results have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of Allocetra in these complicated patients, highlighting the potential of Enlivex's product candidate to benefit severe and critical Covid-19 patients as well as others suffering from cytokine storms and organ dysfunctions across various clinical indications."

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/04/2021 03:28 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Yeah! What pigfish say!
They got this covid ex-spurt from Nigeria, she has a sherfire kure.!
Rattles, feathers, vat of hydrochloro to soak in over an open fire, bleach cocktails and uv colonoscopies.
Then the chumpf will ride in on a gold lame' chariot of sparklers and pronounce them cured....! Mirakul!
duhhuuhhuuhuuh........

It's a democratic hoax
 05/04/2021 04:59 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Another new drug, Allocetra, was tested in a Phase II clinical trial; of 16 Covid patients, fourteen recovered and left the hospital after an average of 5.3 days.
N = what? 16? And then 14 recovered and two did not? That isn't much of a trial. Sounds about as effective as Granny's chicken soup. Plus, who writes that copy. Is it a grammar challenged bot?

05/04/2021 05:12 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Good news is bad news for progs. Very unhappy and sour people. No wonder progs like lockdowns. It doesn't change anything for them. No one wants to socialize with them in any event.

I :heart; Q
 05/04/2021 07:52 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think scrom's point is the fact that this comes from hack journalism and should be regarded as such.

Cure Covid? I'm not even sure what that means. Does it kill the virus to never come back or does it lessen the symptoms?

If it's legit, that's great news, we need all the help we can get against this virus. It is not a Liberal hoax.

I was right.
 05/05/2021 04:23 AM

dingpatch

Reuters
COVID SCIENCE-Antibody drug neutralizes virus variants in lab study; COVID-19 antibodies detectable 12 months after infection
Nancy Lapid
Mon, May 3, 2021, 2:39 PM
By Nancy Lapid

May 3 (Reuters) - The following is a roundup of some of the latest scientific studies on the novel coronavirus and efforts to find treatments and vaccines for COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus.

Experimental antibody drug neutralizes COVID-19 variants

An experimental monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19 being developed by Eli Lilly and Co and AbCellera Biologics Inc can "potently" neutralize numerous coronavirus variants, including those first identified in the UK, Brazil, South Africa, California and New York, scientists have found in test tube experiments. The antibody - known as LY-CoV1404 or LY3853113 - works by attaching itself to a place on the virus that has shown few signs of mutating, which means the drug is likely to retain its effectiveness over time, the researchers said in a report posted on Friday on bioRxiv ahead of peer review. "New variant-resistant treatments such as LY-CoV1404 are desperately needed, given that some of the existing therapeutic antibodies are less effective or ineffective against certain variants and the impact of variants on vaccine efficacy is still poorly understood," the research team wrote. An AbCellera spokesperson said the company plans to release information about tests of the drug in humans on Tuesday.

Dora Hates You
 05/05/2021 04:28 AM

Cole

Will Republicans and their fellow Evangelicals trust Jewish scientists? That's doubtful.

I was right.
 05/05/2021 04:29 AM

dingpatch

The Telegraph
New Israeli Covid drug which cured 30 cases of disease hailed by scientists as 'huge breakthrough'
Dominic Penna
February 5, 2021·2 min read

A new coronavirus drug which successfully cured 30 cases of the disease in Israeli hospital patients has been hailed by scientists as a 'huge breakthrough'.

The EXO-CD24 substance was developed at the Ichilov Medical Centre in Tel Aviv and successfully completed its first phase of clinical trials on Friday.

The treatment was given to 30 patients with coronavirus, whose conditions ranged from moderate to severe.

Twenty-nine of the patients were then discharged from the hospital in the following three to five days, while one patient took slightly longer to recover.

A protein known as CD24 is delivered to the lungs by exosomes in the drug, which helps to rebalance the immune system and prevent it from overreacting to the virus.

Professor Nadir Arber originally designed EXO-CD24, which is breathed in as a gas and taken once every five days, in order to treat patients who had ovarian cancer.

"Even if the vaccines do their job, and even if there aren't any new mutations, one way or another, the coronavirus will be staying with us," Prof Arber told the news site Arutz Sheva.

"That's why we developed this special medication. It's been about half a year from the time the idea was hatched to the first human trials [being] conducted."

Roni Gamzu, the director of the Ichilov Medical Centre, said that the research during phase one of the trial was "advanced and sophisticated and may save coronavirus patients".

Speaking to the Times of Israel, he said: "The results of the phase one trials are excellent, and all give us confidence in the method Arber has been researching in his lab for many years."

No placebo was used in the first stage of the trial, and the next phase of the clinical trials will continue to examine the effects and efficacy of the treatment.

The drug Allocetra, which has been developed at the Hadassah Medical Centre, has also reported promising results in the second stage of its clinical trial.

Israel announced yesterday that it will ease lockdown restrictions but keep its borders closed after a drop in its number of coronavirus cases.

Dora Hates You
 05/05/2021 04:45 AM

Cole

Doesn't the baby juice they gave Trump shut down the Cytokine storm too?

I was right.
 05/05/2021 05:40 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

First it was two weeks to flatten the curve, then we couldn't overwhelm the hospitals, then we had to wait until we had the vaccine, now we can't do anything until we get to herd immunity. WTF are they going to do to keep all of you scared shitless if this turns out to be true?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 05/05/2021 05:51 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper
First it was two weeks to flatten the curve, then we couldn't overwhelm the hospitals, then we had to wait until we had the vaccine, now we can't do anything until we get to herd immunity. WTF are they going to do to keep all of you scared shitless if this turns out to be true?

We could have been mostly past this spring/early summer last year if we hadn't had a complete and utter lack of leadership by Trump and his fellow republicans. Not to mention all the fucking dingbats refusing to wear masks, social distance, and take other precautions. Seriously, don't fucking whine about the goal post moving when you are literally part of the crowd that is carrying them around.
 05/05/2021 05:54 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

We could have been mostly past this spring/early summer last year if we hadn't had a complete and utter lack of leadership by Trump and his fellow republicans. Not to mention all the fucking dingbats refusing to wear masks, social distance, and take other precautions. Seriously, don't fucking whine about the goal post moving when you are literally part of the crowd that is carrying them around.

I know exactly what you are talking about. Those protests really set us back

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

Edited: 05/05/2021 at 06:12 AM by Sniper
 05/05/2021 06:43 AM

dingpatch

Bitch, cry and moan all you want to about how bad the lock downs and such are, were or otherwise could be on the "economy" and your "personal" freedoms. . . . .

What the fuck are you going to do when the next "One" is ebola ??!!?? Take a cruise?

Dora Hates You
 05/05/2021 06:52 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Bitch, cry and moan all you want to about how bad the lock downs and such are, were or otherwise could be on the "economy" and your "personal" freedoms. . . . .

What the fuck are you going to do when the next "One" is ebola ??!!?? Take a cruise?

I'm not sure how you got any of those things out of what I just posted.

I was clearly referring to the constant, deliberate, moving of the goalpost and the double-standard of who gets condemned for breaking lockdown restrictions and who gets a pass.

05/05/2021 07:24 AM

Cole

I was clearly referring to the constant, deliberate, moving of the goalpost and the double-standard of who gets condemned for breaking lockdown restrictions and who gets a pass.

You do understand your previous posts still count, don't you? Or does a new day in your world wipe the slate clean? I'm beginning to think you are some sort of simpleton or you have early onset dementia.

As per the picture, were those people wandering in the park or were they angry over something? And God forbid you actually looking something up for once.

http://www.healthline.com/heal...bute-to-covid19-surge

I was right.
 05/05/2021 09:38 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole

You do understand your previous posts still count, don't you? Or does a new day in your world wipe the slate clean? I'm beginning to think you are some sort of simpleton or you have early onset dementia.

As per the picture, were those people wandering in the park or were they angry over something? And God forbid you actually looking something up for once.

http://www.healthline.com/heal...o-covid19-surge

The problem with your link, and with pretty much everything you post is that it doesn't pass the laugh test. You can't read it, and believe that someone actually believes it, without laughing. Why is that, you ask? Because it is fucking stupid.

You mean to tell me that that families having a socially distanced Thanksgiving is worthy of having the cops called on you for hosting a super-spreader event but thousands of protestors and rioters getting together in tight quarters, many of which not wearing masks, so they can yell, spit in each others faces , and burn shit together poses no threat?Sorry, but that is fucking stupid. Viruses don't decide on who they are going to infect based on why the people are congregating.

05/05/2021 09:46 AM

Fish Killer

">http://www.healthline.com/heal...urge

The problem with your link, and with pretty much everything you post is that it doesn't pass the laugh test. You can't read it, and believe that someone actually believes it, without laughing. Why is that, you ask? Because it is fucking stupid.

You mean to tell me that that families having a socially distanced Thanksgiving is worthy of having the cops called on you for hosting a super-spreader event but thousands of protestors and rioters getting together in tight quarters, many of which not wearing masks, so they can yell, spit in each others faces , and burn shit together poses no threat?Sorry, but that is fucking stupid. Viruses don't decide on who they are going to infect based on why the people are congregating.

AND THIS^^^^ is exactly why COLESLAW got his name!

He has a pile of fucking COLESLAW between his ears!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/05/2021 01:33 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I thought Hydroxychloroquine was the cure?
 05/06/2021 05:46 AM

Cole

What was the big difference between a Thanks Giving get-together with people from all over and a protest?

Where is the virus at it's most dangerous?

The link I posted was and is 100% correct.

I was right.
 05/06/2021 05:48 AM

Fish Killer

Where is the virus at it's most dangerous?

YOU don't have a clue as to that answer...and neither does FAUCI or anyone else!

As for a gathering of hundreds in a rally....FUCK YES THAT IS A SUPER SPREADER EVENT!

MORON!

^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .