Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Taxes on wages...
Topic Summary: Or taxes on capital gains for millionaires?
Created On: 05/02/2021 06:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2021 08:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I see that progs are as ignorant as ever. But let me ask this. Why are the dems trying to reinstate the SALT deductions, which would be a tax break for the rich?

It's called politics. Removing outside money from elections would solve all of this very quickly.

It is a tax break for the rich, pure and simple. And the dems are trying to enact it, pure and simple. So enough of your prog BS.

It trickles down, right?

-------------------------
I was right.
 05/04/2021 06:18 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Way overdue - We Need to institute a "wealth tax" - AND a "Maximum Income" .. Just like "minimum wage" in concept.. Income from ALL sources.. The 'Rest' is the 'Feds & States' to use.. Hey, these guys & gals can become true heroes - philanthropists - albeit involuntary.. Name parks and such after them!! Even paid public holidays - like "Voters Day".. How much does one man really need to live "very well"? Not to take motivation away for those who work hard to get to live better. Just put rational limits on the whole picture - at the top & bottom level.. A billion is def way way way to much for one person.. Def Needs to measured in millions - not tens or hundreds of millions... Not to mentions Corporations; a minimum based on both % of gross revenue and % of net revenue.. Get credit for "spreading the wealth" to the lower tier workers, and penalised for the paying exec's high..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 05/04/2021 at 06:23 AM by surfsail
 05/04/2021 07:04 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common.
Acts 4:32

Dang Marxists

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 05/04/2021 at 07:05 AM by RustyTruck
 05/04/2021 07:28 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: surfsail Way overdue - We Need to institute a "wealth tax" - AND a "Maximum Income" .. Just like "minimum wage" in concept.. Income from ALL sources.. The 'Rest' is the 'Feds & States' to use.. Hey, these guys & gals can become true heroes - philanthropists - albeit involuntary.. Name parks and such after them!! Even paid public holidays - like "Voters Day".. How much does one man really need to live "very well"? Not to take motivation away for those who work hard to get to live better. Just put rational limits on the whole picture - at the top & bottom level.. A billion is def way way way to much for one person.. Def Needs to measured in millions - not tens or hundreds of millions... Not to mentions Corporations; a minimum based on both % of gross revenue and % of net revenue.. Get credit for "spreading the wealth" to the lower tier workers, and penalised for the paying exec's high..
If your aim is to destroy the country, those are excellent ideas. Most major companies in the country would depart to sane countries, as would the executives and top employees of those companies. "Let's see here, I can have 5 million (though that too will eventually be too much) if I stay here, or I can have 10 billion if I go to the Bahamas." Guess which choice I will make. With all due respect, your proposal is pure idiocy. If people at the bottom want to get ahead, they can work hard and earn it. Stealing from someone else will not help them in the long run.

I :heart; Q
 05/04/2021 07:33 AM

RustyTruck

That's why the struggle of the working class is international in character. There can be no hiding place for those who would steal the wealth produced by labor.
We have to make sure that you would not be safe in the Bahamas or anywhere else. Maybe Russia, ironically.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 05/04/2021 08:12 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck That's why the struggle of the working class is international in character. There can be no hiding place for those who would steal the wealth produced by labor. We have to make sure that you would not be safe in the Bahamas or anywhere else. Maybe Russia, ironically.
Well it is a moot point. Ain't going to happen here anytime soon. Even the leftist lunatics know better than to try that. Even if they did, Atlas would shrug.

05/04/2021 08:17 AM

RustyTruck

There was a time when no one could imagine a world without a monarchy either.

05/04/2021 03:30 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

There was a time when people thought having a businessman for president was a good idea.

I was right.
 05/04/2021 04:53 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

17th and 18th Century England, France, and such were far superior economic systems to modern liberal democracies. That's the real Again part of MAGA.

05/04/2021 04:55 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole There was a time when people thought having a businessman for president was a good idea.
Might be if he actually studied and properly applied economics and hadn't bankrupted everything he ever touched or tried to create. His only success was playing a business man on a show that he did not write or produce and laundering money for mobsters through his real estate.

05/04/2021 11:41 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Unbridled capitalism is problematic in concept and as a reality - The need for a 'bit' & 'bridle' is more than obvious.. The effects of Covid on the masses compared to the 1% (not 0.1%) is making that fact more obvious.. Another severe round of of foreclosures are inevitable - but for different reasons than in '08/09.. this time it's people who have equity but no job.. tpap, you may want to skip town with your loot while you can.. moma russia is calling.. "tpap,, tpap - where are you?

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 05/05/2021 06:09 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: surfsail Unbridled capitalism is problematic in concept and as a reality - The need for a 'bit' & 'bridle' is more than obvious.. The effects of Covid on the masses compared to the 1% (not 0.1%) is making that fact more obvious.. Another severe round of of foreclosures are inevitable - but for different reasons than in '08/09.. this time it's people who have equity but no job.. tpap, you may want to skip town with your loot while you can.. moma russia is calling.. "tpap,, tpap - where are you?
Yeah, it created more wealth than any other economic system before or since. There are always going to be bums in a rich society. By and large, it is their choice. They can live a good life by sponging off the labor of others. But they are not an indictment of the capitalist system. They are just bums. If need be, I will hit the road. For the time being, however, there is no need to go anywhere.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Taxes on wages...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .