Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Taxes on wages...
Topic Summary: Or taxes on capital gains for millionaires?
Created On: 05/02/2021 06:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/02/2021 06:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Seems like the answer is obvious.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/02/2021 07:35 AM

Cole

Yep. Trickle down was such a failure the phrase "Trickle Down" is no longer used.

I was right.
 05/02/2021 08:25 AM

johnnyboy

The people that got trickled on finally figured out how to see past that whole wealth creator|tax cuts pay for themselves bs. The question is now whether the GOP, who cannot credibly claim to care about the deficit, will compromise with Biden and go further into debt with only modest tax increases. That seems likely.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/02/2021 08:40 AM

Cole

Other that tax cuts, do modern Republicans stand for anything?

The don't want the people to have affordable insurance. They don't want reasonable immigration policy. They don't want to pay for the environment. They don't want affordable internet expansion. They want abortion banned, but want to cut welfare and Medicaid at the same time. Hell, they don't want anything that will actually help the country as a whole.

Tax breaks for the wealthy and weird social freedoms (mask outrage, taking their guns) that don't matter in the least are their only desire. It's easy to see why they want to make voting more difficult...why would anyone vote for them, they do nothing.

I was right.
 05/02/2021 08:46 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Coleslaw and queencreep--dumber than a rotten stump!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/02/2021 10:06 AM

johnnyboy

So what is the party of no for? Smaller government? That's shot to hell with them calling any corporations that disagree with them woke and threatening government retaliation. There is also Desantis taking powers away from local governments to address gun controls and mask requirements. Fiscal reform? It doesn't even pass the laugh test anymore. Pro life? Sure but only until the baby is born into a world of no healthcare, poverty wages and no money invested in education. They are against election theft. Sure but they cannot be seen ever admitting that this last presidential election was not stolen even as they peddle solutions to a problem that never existed anywhere outside of right wing echo chambers.

So please, let me know what defines a Republican in 2021 please.

05/02/2021 03:53 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

White, scared, willing to consider fascism to preserve privilege.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/02/2021 07:05 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

NO !!!!!!!! Taxes on the rich's Capital Gains will limit their investments. While taxes on the working class is no big deal because they have to work anyway. GET IT ??!!??

Dora Hates You
 05/02/2021 07:49 PM

johnnyboy

The newly minted party of the working man is going to have a real problem explaining why they fight so hard for people making over 400k and do not give a flying f about the hundreds of millions who make less than that.

05/02/2021 09:19 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The newly minted party of the working man is going to have a real problem explaining why they fight so hard for people making over 400k and do not give a flying f about the hundreds of millions who make less than that.
No, they are not.
 05/02/2021 09:21 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Seems like the answer is obvious.
whenever you , or coal say that - it's never obvious. kinda like when effK uses the word scary.
 05/02/2021 09:22 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: johnnyboy So please, let me know what defines a Republican in 2021 please.
why was that so difficult to for you to figure out, johnny?
 05/03/2021 04:20 AM

Cole

The whole woke outrage thing is on them too. The only place I ever hear about these weird social quirks is on hear and Right media platforms. If it wasn't for Republicans I would never hear about straight A's as racist or California or being forced to wear masks or political correctness.

Te whole snowflake thing is a misnomer or at least it's attribution is. The modern Trump warrior is far more sensitive to any social change than any Democrat I know.

I was right.
 05/03/2021 04:46 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

'Consider' - they are all in on fascism

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 05/03/2021 05:23 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

The whole woke outrage thing is on them too. The only place I ever hear about these weird social quirks is on hear and Right media platforms. If it wasn't for Republicans I would never hear about straight A's as racist or California or being forced to wear masks or political correctness.

Te whole snowflake thing is a misnomer or at least it's attribution is. The modern Trump warrior is far more sensitive to any social change than any Democrat I know

Cows, in a herd, never see where they are going,
they only see the asshole of the cow ahead of them.
and to them that's normal.
When somebodyelse tells the cows, you are in a herd following assholes,
The cow says, I never herd that before, I only ever hear that from people who are NOT following these assholes....

05/03/2021 05:28 AM

Cole

Cows, in a herd, never see where they are going,
they only see the asshole of the cow ahead of them.
and to them that's normal.
When somebodyelse tells the cows, you are in a herd following assholes,
The cow says, I never herd that before, I only ever hear that from people who are NOT following these assholes....

That's a nice description and you should learn from it.

I was right.
 05/03/2021 06:03 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I see that progs are as ignorant as ever. But let me ask this. Why are the dems trying to reinstate the SALT deductions, which would be a tax break for the rich?

I :heart; Q
 05/03/2021 06:10 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I see that progs are as ignorant as ever. But let me ask this. Why are the dems trying to reinstate the SALT deductions, which would be a tax break for the rich?

It's called politics. Removing outside money from elections would solve all of this very quickly.

I was right.
 05/03/2021 07:55 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: tpapablo I see that progs are as ignorant as ever. But let me ask this. Why are the dems trying to reinstate the SALT deductions, which would be a tax break for the rich?
It's called politics. Removing outside money from elections would solve all of this very quickly.
It is a tax break for the rich, pure and simple. And the dems are trying to enact it, pure and simple. So enough of your prog BS.

I :heart; Q
 05/03/2021 08:02 AM

Greensleeves

tspanq deflecting and spankit too stupid to know what's smart economically. Hey spanqit, how's that trickle down work for you, you cracker a$$ dumb fuck?
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Taxes on wages...

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .