Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Poor New Zealand...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2021 11:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2021 11:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I guess now they will all move to FL.

New Zealand increases minimum wage to $20 per hour, raises taxes on nation's wealthiest by 39%

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/09/2021 11:31 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That should chase the qotards out!

I hope they are able to survive and they have no guns to battle the government! (said facetiously for the qotard scum on here)
 04/09/2021 12:04 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I knew Rusty would finally see the light. I could tell tell that he isn't a dumb prog. He saw that NZ is a backwater with a sorry GDP (right down there with that economic powerhouse, Kazakhstan). And he helpfully pointed out one of the reasons why that is so. And they will stay a backwater if they continue to do this sort of thing.

I :heart; Q
 04/09/2021 02:35 PM

Cole

They are a tiny country and can afford a living wage.

We are the World's largest and can't. Tax cuts for the wealthy will solve it! lol

But fortunately, Trumpublicans are on the way out and America is seeing the light. This will be a much better country when the Liberals rule it all.

I was right.
 04/09/2021 03:10 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole They are a tiny country and can afford a living wage. We are the World's largest and can't. Tax cuts for the wealthy will solve it! lol But fortunately, Trumpublicans are on the way out and America is seeing the light. This will be a much better country when the Liberals rule it all.
We can afford it just fine. But, we didn't become the biggest economy in the world by means of a minimum wage, much less a high one. Nor has China's economy exploded due to a minimum wage, which is currently $.94. If we were to go to $15/hr, we would have the highest minimum wage in the world. The next 10 highest below us do not exactly have dynamic economies. Now, it is a certainty that a higher minimum wage will result in more automation, which may help the economy in the long run. Won't help a lot of workers, but it could push us to the future before others. But, low wage China may well be selling us the automation.

04/09/2021 06:55 PM

tom

Yep. Covid hotspot too. Six new cases yesterday. And 26 deaths. Total. For the entire pandemic. Surf sucks there too.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 04/09/2021 06:56 PM

Cole

China came into power when their workers started earning a middle class wage. They have all but done away with the ultra poor.

http://www.scmp.com/economy/ch...raps-xi-jinpings-anti

Tfap, you sure talk a lot, but damn are you misinformed. lol

I was right.
 04/12/2021 06:18 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Cole: China came into power when their workers started earning a middle class wage. They have all but done away with the ultra poor

Read the article that YOU posted before you lick Chinas ass,
From Coles article:
Chinas middle class is anyone over $15,000 per year.

Their 'Ultra Poor' that you falsely say they have all but done away with, are people who earn UNDER $600 per year.
The article says that they are working toward getting people out of that category by 2035

Right now %60 of their population is Below middle income,
IF, IF they continue raising the standard of living, 500 Million more Chinese will gain access to flush toilets... BY 2035...

600,000,000 people below middle income
at least 500 million without flush toilets...
Cole cites them as a success story worthy of emulation...

04/12/2021 06:29 AM

RustyTruck

If you consider the rapid industrialization of China with a planned economy, it's really quite remarkable. This may be the Chinese century.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/12/2021 06:42 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: somebodyelse Cole: China came into power when their workers started earning a middle class wage. They have all but done away with the ultra poor Read the article that YOU posted before you lick Chinas ass, From Coles article: Chinas middle class is anyone over $15,000 per year. Their 'Ultra Poor' that you falsely say they have all but done away with, are people who earn UNDER $600 per year. The article says that they are working toward getting people out of that category by 2035 Right now %60 of their population is Below middle income, IF, IF they continue raising the standard of living, 500 Million more Chinese will gain access to flush toilets... BY 2035... 600,000,000 people below middle income at least 500 million without flush toilets... Cole cites them as a success story worthy of emulation...
Like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it?

04/12/2021 06:55 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I knew Rusty would finally see the light. I could tell tell that he isn't a dumb prog. He saw that NZ is a backwater with a sorry GDP (right down there with that economic powerhouse, Kazakhstan). And he helpfully pointed out one of the reasons why that is so. And they will stay a backwater if they continue to do this sort of thing.

NZ is the most beautiful place I've ever been, and the people I met there were happy and prosperous. It's almost like GDP doesn't mean shit in terms of quality of life and happiness.

It was the last major land mass to be invaded by humans incidentally, so the biodiversity is remarkable. Perhaps being surrounded by natural beauty makes people less interested in hoarding wealth and puts them in a general better mood.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .