Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Biden and weed
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/07/2021 05:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2021 05:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Why hasn't Biden proposed legalizing weed nationally and taxing the shit out of it to pay for all his pet projects and healthcare/ school for all the illegals pouring through the border?

Talk amongst yourselves.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/07/2021 08:47 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Because tax cuts pay for themselves, just you wait another forty years and see. Also, the weed tax revenues were never easy money.
http://www.politico.com/agenda...a-tax-revenue-001062/

"States looking to legalize recreational marijuana might believe they're going after easy money.

Think again. States that have legalized recreational cannabis are finding that it's not always the cash cow they envisioned. And there are plenty of other complicated issues to confront as they try to create and manage a legal market for a product long considered taboo."

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/08/2021 05:07 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Sniper

Why hasn't Biden proposed legalizing weed nationally and taxing the shit out of it to pay for all his pet projects and healthcare/ school for all the illegals pouring through the border?

Talk amongst yourselves.

Is this what the Depends wearing crowd is focused on? Who cares...

And btw the answer to this is obvious to anyone with half a noodle in their head

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/08/2021 05:18 AM

Cole

You gonna buy weed from an expensive dispensary or are you going to get it from Harold next door for half the price?

Thinking, it's not for Republicans anymore.

I was right.
 04/08/2021 06:32 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

If Biden is going to raise taxes, why not consider doing this instead?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/08/2021 06:49 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

He should.
Step one.
Remove it from schedule 1
Does not belong there

That was political
But he probably won't.
Joe is conservative.

And the only Taxes Joe is gonna raise are on very rich people and very rich artificial people.
Not regular people just seeking relief.

I doubt there are any here. (maybe some poor artificial people)

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/08/2021 07:07 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: WG He should. Step one. Remove it from schedule 1 Does not belong there That was political But he probably won't. Joe is conservative. And the only Taxes Joe is gonna raise are on very rich people and very rich artificial people. Not regular people just seeking relief. I doubt there are any here. (maybe some poor artificial people)
I am now poor so far as the tax man sees things. Dirt poor. So, let him raise taxes. I will enjoy seeing the poor people who voted for him suffer. But at least they will be comforted by seeing the Jeff Bezos' of the world prosper with all that gov't money coming their way. I am against legalizing pot. But I must admit that the idea of legalizing it and taxing it holds some attraction for me. I have always held the belief that dumb people shoujld be taxed more than smart people. So a pot tax would be step in the right direction.

I :heart; Q
 04/08/2021 07:23 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: Cole

You gonna buy weed from an expensive dispensary or are you going to get it from Harold next door for half the price?

I know a guy, not me, that gets primo at $200 a zee, AND free delivery.
 04/08/2021 07:26 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

Exactly. lol

They are absolutely clueless as to how the world really works.

If it is free and clear, everyone will grow and sell. There will be no taxes from it. Geez, so dense.

I was right.
 04/08/2021 07:29 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

What do you think pabs is doing in Mims? You didn't buy that pigs and horses story didya?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/08/2021 07:33 AM

Cole

Funny you mentioned Mims, shouldn't a farm owner have his name on the land? lolz

I was right.
 04/08/2021 07:40 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole You gonna buy weed from an expensive dispensary or are you going to get it from Harold next door for half the price? Thinking, it's not for Republicans anymore.
Exactly. lol They are absolutely clueless as to how the world really works. If it is free and clear, everyone will grow and sell. There will be no taxes from it. Geez, so dense.
Has Cole gone conservative on us? Nah, too dumb for that. But, yes, Cole, imposing taxes on something stifles the production of it. And it drives people to devise work arounds. So, imposing high taxes on something like pot does not generate the tax revenues that gov'ts project. They would get more money by imposing less taxes. See, folks, there is truth to the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

I :heart; Q
 04/08/2021 12:45 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

So, imposing high taxes on something like pot does not generate the tax revenues that gov'ts project. They would get more money by imposing less taxes. See, folks, there is truth to the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

"Colorado's total marijuana sales surpassed $2 billion in 2020, the highest amount since legalization, the state's Department of Revenue (CDOR) said Tuesday.

State dispensaries brought in $175,145,246 in November, a 17 percent increase from 2019. In return, the state reaped $32,383,094 in revenue from taxes and fees."

Colorado's sales were $1.7 billion in 2019 and $1.5 billion in 2018. The state brought in $387,480,110 in taxes and fees in 2020.

Since the state began collecting tax revenue on marijuana sales in February 2014, Colorado has brought in almost $1.6 billion in taxes on nearly $9.8 billion in total sales.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 04/08/2021 at 12:46 PM by RustyTruck
 04/08/2021 01:56 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

There definitely is big money in legalized ganja, and not just from taxes on the product. The income tax for the entrepreneurs, and the sales tax on the products required to to grow and package that stuff is pretty impressive.

My well educated niece was working a great job in the San Francisco financial district making close to 1/2m per year. She quit that job, took a 6 month break in CR for yoga and surfing, and is now a CFO for a company in the legal ganga biz in Californian and Colorado. She is going to make over 1m next year. Not bad for footloose 30-ish year old who doesn't even use the product.
She was bitching to me about her personal taxes...not feeling sorry for her!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/08/2021 02:04 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: WG He should. Step one. Remove it from schedule 1 Does not belong there That was political But he probably won't. Joe is conservative. And the only Taxes Joe is gonna raise are on very rich people and very rich artificial people. Not regular people just seeking relief. I doubt there are any here. (maybe some poor artificial people)
I am now poor so far as the tax man sees things. Dirt poor. So, let him raise taxes. I will enjoy seeing the poor people who voted for him suffer. But at least they will be comforted by seeing the Jeff Bezos' of the world prosper with all that gov't money coming their way. I am against legalizing pot. But I must admit that the idea of legalizing it and taxing it holds some attraction for me. I have always held the belief that dumb people shoujld be taxed more than smart people. So a pot tax would be step in the right direction.
I wonder how all the Q folks that support the Desantis/Gabbard ticket feel about that. I wonder if they'll notice that the GOP in Tally is against pot and that a yuge Trump donar from Nevada was one of the biggest anti-pot campaign funders in Florida. I guess they don't notice. Can Pabs really be this naïve about who smokes pot? Can all the pot loving QOP base really be so blind to the attitude of Republican leadership regarding pot? Anybody smell the Trump floatillas? There was a lot more fumes out there besides diesel and 2-cycle smoke.

Edited: 04/08/2021 at 02:08 PM by scombrid
 04/08/2021 03:12 PM

Cole

Exactly. lol

If it is free and clear, everyone will grow and sell. There will be no taxes from it. Geez, so dense.

Has Cole gone conservative on us? Nah, too dumb for that. But, yes, Cole, imposing taxes on something stifles the production of it. And it drives people to devise work arounds. So, imposing high taxes on something like pot does not generate the tax revenues that gov'ts project. They would get more money by imposing less taxes. See, folks, there is truth to the saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

Devise a workaround. That's hilarious.

So clueless.

I was right.
 04/09/2021 05:05 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Exactly. lol

Devise a workaround. That's hilarious.

So clueless.

Yeah so according to the POS commie Coleslaw, there is no such things a 'tax loopholes'!

They just don't exist!

What a fucking moron!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 04/09/2021 at 05:06 AM by Fish Killer
 04/09/2021 05:40 AM

Cole

Yes, there are plenty of tax loopholes when purchasing weed.

What on God's green Earth are you on about now?

Even if medical MJ isn't taxed at all, it will cost substantially more than buying it from your local provider. If it becomes free and open, everyone will be able to grow and sell and the price will drop even more.

Is this really that difficult to understand?

I was right.
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .