Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Time to steer clear of United.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/07/2021 10:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2021 10:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I'd rather have a meritocracy when it comes to pilots.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 04/07/2021 11:05 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

fucking breitbart again.
groan

But OK, i clicked, my risk.

Meritocracy is a noble sounding goal but do you really think that exists now?
I know a lot of Pilots an they are not at all a diverse group, as they would be in a real meritocracy.

But if it is really merit based now. why would simply recruiting a more diverse trainee pool damage that?

I'd assume that there is competition in training, that many wash out, that the best still win.

I won't immediately ascribe your concern to racist or sexist stereotyping, that wouldn't be fair.

So why?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 04/07/2021 at 11:10 AM by WG
 04/07/2021 11:23 AM

tpapablo

This was a warning to sane people only. I will strongly encourage progs to fly United when they get this up and running.
But if it is really merit based now. why would simply recruiting a more diverse trainee pool damage that?
I assure you that they have been trying to recruit women and minorities for the last decade+. They can't get enough that are qualified or they'd already be 50/50. If you have been living in the real world the last few years, you would know that once a quota system like this is put in place, standards drop. But that is all lies, as you know. So, prepare now. Join United's frequent flyer program. As an added benefit, you will never have to worry about sitting next to me.

04/07/2021 12:04 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

You need to look harder, try and see the real world.

Are you trying to say that in the real world, unfixable factors dictate that white men are better pilots, thus most pilots are white men?
You think that's OK, the natural order, and that United's desire to change anything must result in unqualified pilots?

I'm just guessing, have no real idea what you are thinking.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/07/2021 01:04 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG You need to look harder, try and see the real world. Are you trying to say that in the real world, unfixable factors dictate that white men are better pilots, thus most pilots are white men? You think that's OK, the natural order, and that United's desire to change anything must result in unqualified pilots? I'm just guessing, have no real idea what you are thinking.
Fly United, WG. Nothing I want more than to have progs packed in like sardines on every United flight once these new pilots take over.

04/07/2021 01:43 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Who cares...non-story except for dotard boomers...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/07/2021 03:22 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Would you want someone diverse or qualified flying you to Hawaii? PS--what does diverse mean exactly?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18

Edited: 04/07/2021 at 03:23 PM by crankit
 04/07/2021 03:26 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Sidenote; you can be qualified and diverse, but no guarantee! (there are plenty of White guys that aren't)

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/07/2021 03:58 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: crankit Would you want someone diverse or qualified flying you to Hawaii? PS--what does diverse mean exactly?
This is a tough one for the progs. They don't care if their idiot ideas kill people. But they do care about their planes falling from the skies. These are not brave people. See, e.g., covid. So, they will cheer this plan on but will stay off of United.

04/08/2021 05:08 AM

wtf

If you dotards had read what United actually said, you would know that these are highly qualified pilots from their training school. But we know readiing, comprehension and critical thought are not exactly the hallmark of dotards...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/08/2021 05:13 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes, non white men pilots make flying much more dangerous.

Them whores, Negroes and wops is too damn stupid to fly a air o plain!

I was right.
 04/08/2021 05:50 AM

Greensleeves

The racist/misogynists still don't realize they are racist/misogynists. Is that what it's like to be part of a movement that is intellectually inferior to the American mainstream? They are doomed to repeat the failures of their past.

04/08/2021 06:26 AM

tpapablo

No sign from the progs that they will actually fly United. It is laughable to think that these masked cowards would put principle over their personal safety. Has a prog ever recieved a profile in courage award? I don't think so.

04/08/2021 07:35 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

No sign from the progs that they will actually fly United. It is laughable to think that these masked cowards would put principle over their personal safety. Has a prog ever recieved a profile in courage award? I don't think so.

So says Mr White Power.

Do you advertise this racist shit on your law business?

Seriously, are you saying women and brown people are incapable of becoming pilots and that flying United will become more dangerous as a result?

I was right.
 04/08/2021 07:50 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: Cole

Seriously, are you saying women and brown people are incapable of becoming pilots and that flying United will become more dangerous as a result?

This is exactly what dotards are saying. It's why they are increasingly alone on that island.

People are fleeing the R party because of this ongoing rhetoric. I am just LMFAO

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/08/2021 08:37 AM

tpapablo

Poor progs, their false charges of racism don't work anymore. What will these mindless dolts rely on now when they have no arguments to support their idiocies?

04/08/2021 09:05 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Come on pabs, you're the one upset about possibly not getting a white male pilot. So much so you'd change airlines maybe.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/08/2021 09:54 AM

wtf

Poor progs, their false charges of racism don't work anymore. What will these mindless dolts rely on now when they have no arguments to support their idiocies?

There was literally people with confederate flags in the Captiol on 1/6 - LMFAO. The QOP is full of a bunch of old fat white racist cretins - we all know it and so do you.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/08/2021 10:33 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo Poor progs, their false charges of racism don't work anymore. What will these mindless dolts rely on now when they have no arguments to support their idiocies?
Knew they'd have nothing else. These are not imaginative people.
Come on pabs, you're the one upset about possibly not getting a white male pilot. So much so you'd change airlines maybe.
I'm not upset. Amused would be accurate, however.

04/08/2021 10:38 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

United is private company interested only in profit. Pilots are a significant resource toward maximizing profit. United realized that meritocracy is a myth when the talent pool is made shallow by class or race.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .