Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Biden core campaign promises...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2021 11:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/08/2021 08:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Qomrades Qsuq and Qrusski watching Qutube together.

Qrusski really thinks the $15 won't back in time to show Americans where the QOP is? Damn Qotard work on some reasoning skillz.

Edited: 03/08/2021 at 09:25 AM by Greensleeves
 03/08/2021 09:13 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Bernie was the one willing to fight for 15. Maybe people will decide it wasn't that big a deal, who knows. But recall it was a campaign promise from all Dem candidates running in 2020.

"This reconciliation bill does not include an increase in the minimum wage to $15 an hour," Sanders said in a speech prior to the vote. "In my view, it should have. I think the parliamentarian was dead wrong, but more importantly, it is an absurd process that we allow an unelected staffer - somebody who works for the Senate not elected by anybody - to make a decision as to whether 30 million Americans get a pay raise or not."

Bernie is full of hot greenhouse gas. That unelected parliamentarian didn't determine whether 30 million Americans get a pay raise or not; he simply determined that the Senate needed to follow its own rules. Bernie sounds like Trump, thinking he gets to bend rules to match his goals.

All the parliamentarian did was make sure that a piece of legislation that didn't belong in the bigger package wasn't there. There's nothing stopping Congress from taking it up in a proper bill later.

Even "that clown from WV" was on CNN yesterday saying he favored increases in the minimum wage, but $15/hr as a one-size-fits-all in this bill was not the answer. He knows that an immediate jump in states like his would not be sustainable. He favors tailoring the wage on a region-by-region basis, and then indexing increases to inflation.

Hell, I even voted for the FL $15 minimum out of charity, but was surprised to find my two youngest kids (18 and 20), who stood to gain a lot (if they remained employed), both voted against it. They perceived it would put bottom-end people out of work, and reduce the effective value of salaries for people who were already making $15-16/hour.

And you're also against means-testing of the stimulus checks? DUH. I thought the farthest-left extremists like you were all for means-testing Social Security payments.

The $1200 my family got in the first round of stimulus was absurd. I immediately donated it to a local charity, and am thankful to be in a position where I don't need the next rounds either.

Edited: 03/08/2021 at 09:16 AM by CurtisEflush
 03/08/2021 09:29 AM

Greensleeves

"I immediately donated it to a local charity" dude! Great people in this country thank you Curtis. Interesting about your kids votes. Didn't ask my daughters (close to same ages) how they went on it but will.
 03/08/2021 11:49 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Bernie was the one willing to fight for 15. Maybe people will decide it wasn't that big a deal, who knows. But recall it was a campaign promise from all Dem candidates running in 2020.

"This reconciliation bill does not include an increase in the minimum wage to $15 an hour," Sanders said in a speech prior to the vote. "In my view, it should have. I think the parliamentarian was dead wrong, but more importantly, it is an absurd process that we allow an unelected staffer - somebody who works for the Senate not elected by anybody - to make a decision as to whether 30 million Americans get a pay raise or not."

Bernie is full of hot greenhouse gas. That unelected parliamentarian didn't determine whether 30 million Americans get a pay raise or not; he simply determined that the Senate needed to follow its own rules. Bernie sounds like Trump, thinking he gets to bend rules to match his goals.

All the parliamentarian did was make sure that a piece of legislation that didn't belong in the bigger package wasn't there. There's nothing stopping Congress from taking it up in a proper bill later.

Even "that clown from WV" was on CNN yesterday saying he favored increases in the minimum wage, but $15/hr as a one-size-fits-all in this bill was not the answer. He knows that an immediate jump in states like his would not be sustainable. He favors tailoring the wage on a region-by-region basis, and then indexing increases to inflation.

Hell, I even voted for the FL $15 minimum out of charity, but was surprised to find my two youngest kids (18 and 20), who stood to gain a lot (if they remained employed), both voted against it. They perceived it would put bottom-end people out of work, and reduce the effective value of salaries for people who were already making $15-16/hour.

And you're also against means-testing of the stimulus checks? DUH. I thought the farthest-left extremists like you were all for means-testing Social Security payments.

The $1200 my family got in the first round of stimulus was absurd. I immediately donated it to a local charity, and am thankful to be in a position where I don't need the next rounds either.

Means testing is a neo-liberal concept, designed to divide workers against one another. If you didn't need it and passed it along, then good for you. Others may not get it, and it will foster anger toward those who did.

The Senate parliamentarian is an advisor, and in this case a convenient "out" for Dems who want plausible deniability for not accomplishing the wage increase. They could literally change the rules of the Senate if they wanted to. But hey, if you're saying that the $15 wage is coming in some other bill, then let's wait and see.

I expect that the one promise Joe will live up to is "nothing will fundamentally change".

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 03/08/2021 at 11:49 AM by RustyTruck
 03/08/2021 11:56 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I expect that the one promise Joe will live up to is "nothing will fundamentally change".
Except for who's the president. I don't see him lasting another year.

I :heart; Q
 03/08/2021 12:02 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Except for who's the president. I don't see him lasting another year.

Hard to say, but I don't think he'll finish his term.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/08/2021 01:22 PM

Greensleeves

qrussqi horrified of Kamala. He hates all red blooded Americans.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Biden core campaign promises...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .