Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Karl Rove vs Donald J Trump.
Topic Summary: Who wins this one?
Created On: 03/05/2021 07:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2021 07:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The latest bashing troll war amongst 'Rhino' hunters.

Who ya got for the win?
 03/05/2021 07:57 AM

Central Floridave

My guess, the Neanderthal.

Make Neanderthals Great Again!

LOL. Yes mixed coffee too strong this morning.
 03/05/2021 08:00 AM

Cole

My guess, the Neanderthal.

Which is which? Aren't they both pre-humans?

-------------------------
I was right.
 03/05/2021 08:32 AM

Central Floridave

They both are trying to cancel culture each other. Trump says Fox should fire Rove. Rove wants to white board trump out of the GOP.

Rhino y Rhino.

Neanderthal v. Neandethal.

Who can out deplorable the other?
 03/05/2021 08:33 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Only the libtards!!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/05/2021 09:31 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

This will be fun to watch regardless.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/05/2021 09:44 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

Only the libtards!!

Meaning?

I was right.
 03/05/2021 09:46 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The night Obama won, Rove was in rare form on Faux. It was the highest quality entertainment at the time.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/05/2021 05:57 PM

Central Floridave

Donald Trump expands his Republican enemies list to Karl Rove, Wall Street Journal op-eds
David Jackson
USA TODAY

WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's rapidly expanding Republican enemies list now includes The Wall Street Journal editorial page and veteran GOP political guru Karl Rove, after both said his attacks on GOP members are hurting the party.

In a written statement issued Thursday night, Trump called on Fox News to fire Rove as a political commentator, calling him a RINO - Republican In Name Only - "of the highest order."

"Karl Rove has been losing for years, except for himself," Trump said in the statement put out by a political action committee called the "Save America PAC."

The statement, on the heels of a similar blast by Trump at the Journal, reflected rising tensions between Trump and establishment Republicans, who fear the ex-president will undercut plans to regain control of Congress in 2022 and the White House in 2024.

Rove referred reporters to a statement he gave to Reuters: "I've been called a lot of things in my career, but never a RINO. I've voted for every Republican presidential candidate since I turned 18 and have labored only for GOP (Republican) candidates since then."

Trump, who has not spoken publicly since CPAC, is still banned from Twitter and Facebook. Lacking the ability he once had to tweet out his thoughts, Trump has instead resorted to written statements, including one Friday hitting a prominent Democrat: President Joe Biden. "Our border is now totally out of control," Trump said in a blast on immigration policy.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Biden doesn't take advice from an ex-president whose own immigration policy "was not only inhumane but ineffective over the last four years."

Trump's attack on Rove came just hours after he issued a written statement slamming The Wall Street Journal editorial page for backing "globalist policies" - and blaming Trump for the loss of the White House and Republican control of the U.S. Senate.

Even as he slapped the long-standing Republican-leaning ed board, Trump added that "nobody cares much about The Wall Street Journal editorial anymore. They have lost great credibility."

Karl Rove, Wall Street Journal critical of Trump at CPAC
Both the Journal and Rove criticized Trump over his Sunday speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference. The former president, seeking to keep leadership of the Republican Party, vowed to support primary challengers to Republicans who backed impeachment or otherwise opposed him.

In an editorial entitled "The Grievances of Trump Past," The Wall Street Journal said "these intra-party fights will sap GOP energy and resources when their priority now should be retaking Congress in 2022."

The Journal editorial page also suggested that, given the recent defeats of Trump and other Republicans, "perhaps the party's grassroots will begin to look past the Trump era to a new generation of potential standard-bearers. As long as Republicans focus on the grievances of the Trump past, they won't be a governing majority."

Rove, meanwhile, wrote a critical op-ed for the Journal in which he noted that, in a straw poll conducted by CPAC, only 68% of the conference delegates said they want to see Trump run again in 2024.

As for Trump's speech, Rove said "there was no forward-looking agenda, simply a recitation of his greatest hits. People like fresh material. Repetition is useful to a point, but it grows stale."

Trump has had a contentious relationship with Rove, a major architect of President George W. Bush's election victories. Trump frequently attacked Bush and his administration, and Rove has responded in kind.

In his new written statements on The Wall Street Journal and Rove, Trump blamed others for the election of Biden, as well as two Senate defeats in Georgia in January. The victories of Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff over Republican senators gave the Democrats political control of the chamber.

Trump's blame game again included Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., whose has questioned whether the GOP's future should include Trump. So has Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., a member of the House Republican leadership team who voted for impeachment.

Ten House Republicans voted to impeach Trump of charges that he cited the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol designed to overturn Biden's election. Seven Senate Republicans voted to convict Trump.

Trump critics said attacking people is all he knows how to do.

"He never thinks about doing right by others or wishing anyone do well - certainly not better than himself," said conservative political commentator Rick Tyler. "While most Republicans have put party over country, Trump puts himself over everything including his party."

In his statement attacking the Republican political strategist, Trump said: "Fox should get rid of Karl Rove and his ridiculous "whiteboard" as soon as possible!"

In his statement to Reuters, Rove said: "I'll continue to use my whiteboard and voice to call balls and strikes."

03/06/2021 05:27 AM

Cole

If they aren't backed by Trump they are all Rinos. And for God's sake, don't vote for them. Don't donate to them either, send the money to Trump.

I was right.
 03/06/2021 08:55 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Who wins with these two goons attacking each other?
We all do. All right thinking americans as well as the entire civilized world.
Rove put up the single stupidest president before chumpf, and manipulated him along with cheney into starting an endless war and utterly destroying american and world economies.
Herr (hair?) loofa face, aka the worst president in history, did inestimable damage, and fostered the first assault on our nations capital since the british.
Let 'em duke it out, and keep out of america and the world's way while we try to unravel the byzantine shitshow these two vermin plagued us with.

It's a democratic hoax
 03/06/2021 09:14 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

^^^^ McLovin' it!

03/06/2021 05:53 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

There's a movie coming out about this. "Turd Blossom and the Traitor."
 03/09/2021 05:39 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

qtrump is a 'has been' never to return - the only reason he is still hanging around is trying to bilk his remaining qfollowers and raise some badly needed cash for his upcoming legal expenses.. He's in shit shape all around & heading for financial bankruptcy. He never had any real interest in the gop's best interests only his own - ana papa Vlad of course. Always been self centered so don't expect any changes there. Vlad always wanted the gop to go down the shithole - he blames them and saint ronnie for the demise of his mother Russia. Done deal daddy O. Vlad's the only true winner here.. What an 'investment'. A few hookers for a night and some some fat boys hanging out in a room on their computers... And we continue to spend trillions on defence..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 03/09/2021 05:57 AM

Central Floridave

Latest:

Trump hit out at what he brands "Republicans in name only" in a statement released on Monday, stating: "No more money for RINOS. They do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base - they will never lead us to Greatness."

He then urged donations to his PAC and added: "We will bring it all back stronger than ever before."
 03/09/2021 06:26 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Central Floridave Latest: Trump hit out at what he brands "Republicans in name only" in a statement released on Monday, stating: "No more money for RINOS. They do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base - they will never lead us to Greatness." He then urged donations to his PAC and added: "We will bring it all back stronger than ever before."
Dave, Trump has already won. The Roves of the world are irrelevant now. Was sorely needed and only a matter of time, Trump or no Trump.

I :heart; Q
 03/09/2021 06:31 AM

RustyTruck

How do you feel about that Pabs? I get the impression sometimes that you would be more of a Rovian conservative than one given to personality cults and erratic behavior.

Rove types seem far more dangerous, and don't forget, they are the ones who built the circus; trump just walked up, put on a top hat, picked up a megaphone, and started selling tickets to the show.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

03/09/2021 09:18 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck How do you feel about that Pabs? I get the impression sometimes that you would be more of a Rovian conservative than one given to personality cults and erratic behavior. Rove types seem far more dangerous, and don't forget, they are the ones who built the circus; trump just walked up, put on a top hat, picked up a megaphone, and started selling tickets to the show.
Rusty, you got this wrong. Trump didn't take over the circus. Instead, he was the gal who threw the hammer at the screen in Apple's 1984 commercial. We have been looking for that person for a long time. We were sick of the milquetoast Republicans. They were screwing us at every turn. I mentioned on here that if Jeb! won the nomination in 2016, I would vote third party. And I meant it. Trump didn't create a cult. We and our frustration with the swamp Republicans created Trump. He threw the hammer, which is exactly what we wanted. The Rove's of the world probably won't be able to put that screen back together, though they will try mightily. We shall see.

03/09/2021 10:08 AM

RustyTruck

Interesting. Trump himself didn't/doesn't seem to have any underlying belief system other than self interest, and he certainly didn't reduce corruption. He did manage to revise some international trade deals that were supported by both con and lib elites and hurt workers, which we acknowledge on the left, but beyond that I don't see where he really accomplished anything that would be valuable to you beyond owning the libs nearly every day of his presidency.
Maybe that's your angle? The judiciary? That's not always reliable as shown by the election challenges pretty universally thrown out of trump courts. Do tell.

03/09/2021 10:49 AM

tpapablo

Trade, the wall, tax cuts, lowest unemployment, lowest unemployment for minorities ever, rising wages for the lower and middle class, lowest unemployment gap between whites and minorities ever, judiciary, cutting regulations, energy independence, growth of manufacturing, .... He did quite a lot.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .