Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Book Banning
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/02/2021 02:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/04/2021 09:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

So far, it is only the left that has been pushing this stuff. The right isn't trying to prevent any voices from being heard and is by and large supporting people's rights to be free. It is the left that tends to believe that people are too dumb to take in information and make decisions for themselves. After reading many of Cole's posts, I think they may be onto something with many of their constituents.

The left wants to focus on statues, Dr. Seuss, men taking shits in womens bathrooms, the gender of Mr. Potato Head, making sure that only white ethnic groups are represented as sports mascots, and making sure that their kids only see white fictional spokespeople when they go to a grocery store. The left doesn't even care about most of this stuff. They do it to troll people. Up to this point, the right hasn't really engaged in this type of activity but don't be surprised when the right tries to troll you by targeting childrens books with reference to trans-people or something like that.

The right wasn't so enthusiastic about individual rights when athletes took a knee, interesting turn around. As far as bathrooms, Seuss and Potato heads, I've only seen the right freaking out about that stuff. Open a can of it, really gets the dogs barking.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/04/2021 10:59 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

All that free speech? Ask Cheney about it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/04/2021 11:27 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

So far, it is only the left that has been pushing this stuff. The right isn't trying to prevent any voices from being heard and is by and large supporting people's rights to be free. It is the left that tends to believe that people are too dumb to take in information and make decisions for themselves. After reading many of Cole's posts, I think they may be onto something with many of their constituents.

The left wants to focus on statues, Dr. Seuss, men taking shits in womens bathrooms, the gender of Mr. Potato Head, making sure that only white ethnic groups are represented as sports mascots, and making sure that their kids only see white fictional spokespeople when they go to a grocery store. The left doesn't even care about most of this stuff. They do it to troll people. Up to this point, the right hasn't really engaged in this type of activity but don't be surprised when the right tries to troll you by targeting childrens books with reference to trans-people or something like that.

The right wasn't so enthusiastic about individual rights when athletes took a knee, interesting turn around. As far as bathrooms, Seuss and Potato heads, I've only seen the right freaking out about that stuff. Open a can of it, really gets the dogs barking.

I supported the right of athletes to take a knee but their employers are still their employers. I can't go to work and tell my boss that I have decided I'm going to start giving the middle finger to paying customers as part of a political thing and expect them to be cool with that.

Yeah, you are seeing the right react to it because liberal trolls put it out there. It is rage-bait. I honestly don't care that much right now about the books. I'm going to be pissed when it happens to the left regarding something they hold dear and we have hear the the caterwauling that is sure to ensue. If you guys support normalizing this type of action then
when it eventually happens to you, you can't be shocked or come with the "OH, HOW DARE YOU!!!"s without everyone looking at you like a complete f'ing fool.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/04/2021 01:30 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Do you support the right of a manufacturer to manufacture the product they think appeals to customers, or not manufacture a product that they think would be offensive?

Does doing that violate the rights of the customer who desires the offensive product?

Lets be real, the things you see being done aren't being done for moral reasons, they are being done for economic ones. Educated and intelligent people don't buy children's books that feature characters referred to as "Chinamen".

Elect all the trumps you want, the right is still losing the culture war.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/04/2021 03:05 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Only an Idiot (libtard) would manufacture a product deemed offensive, Definitly not a Capitalist!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/04/2021 05:13 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: Sniper So far, it is only the left that has been pushing this stuff. The right isn't trying to prevent any voices from being heard and is by and large supporting people's rights to be free. It is the left that tends to believe that people are too dumb to take in information and make decisions for themselves. After reading many of Cole's posts, I think they may be onto something with many of their constituents. The left wants to focus on statues, Dr. Seuss, men taking shits in womens bathrooms, the gender of Mr. Potato Head, making sure that only white ethnic groups are represented as sports mascots, and making sure that their kids only see white fictional spokespeople when they go to a grocery store. The left doesn't even care about most of this stuff. They do it to troll people. Up to this point, the right hasn't really engaged in this type of activity but don't be surprised when the right tries to troll you by targeting childrens books with reference to trans-people or something like that.
I supported the right of athletes to take a knee but their employers are still their employers. I can't go to work and tell my boss that I have decided I'm going to start giving the middle finger to paying customers as part of a political thing and expect them to be cool with that. Yeah, you are seeing the right react to it because liberal trolls put it out there. It is rage-bait. I honestly don't care that much right now about the books. I'm going to be pissed when it happens to the left regarding something they hold dear and we have hear the the caterwauling that is sure to ensue. If you guys support normalizing this type of action then when it eventually happens to you, you can't be shocked or come with the "OH, HOW DARE YOU!!!"s without everyone looking at you like a complete f'ing fool.
Are these the same "liberal trolls" that invaded the Capitol? Is Tucker Carlson a liberal troll?
 03/04/2021 05:14 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Originally posted by: crankit Only an Idiot (libtard) would manufacture a product deemed offensive, Definitly not a Capitalist!
I am amazed you are still able to figure out how to turn on your computer.
 03/04/2021 06:22 PM

Cole

Has a single Liberal on this board mentioned anything about Trans people, books, red cups, Potato Heads or anything of the kind? Nope, not a single time.

It's all Republicans.

I was right.
 03/04/2021 06:24 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: wtf

Really? That's BS. I saw peaceful protesters exercising their 1A rights gassed. You are fucking loony Q

All these people who told us that Trump was a Russian spy for 4 years and were so eager to jump onboard with the Smullet debacle and tried to tell everyone that a handle for garage door at a Nascar event was supposed to be a noose really make me laugh when they run around accusing everyone of being conspiracy theorists. It is as if you honestly don't see how stupid you look.

I challenge you to find anything about me saying something about trump/russia. The only thing I did that is post a smolllett story, I claimed nothing. It's qotards and dotards still looking stupid as ever. How's inauguration day go today for you, Q?

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/05/2021 07:55 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"Tell me if I'm missing something. Dr. Seuss Enterprises LP decided it didn't want to print books it thinks are offensive, and people have responded in protest by buying tons of books and further enriching Dr. Seuss Enterprises LP. Not sure about this protest strategy."

Adam Ozimek, Chief Economist, Upwork
 03/05/2021 08:00 AM

crankit

Dr. Seuss books banned, Mein Kampf OK! (queencreep's favorite)

03/05/2021 08:04 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

Dr. Seuss books banned, Mein Kampf OK! (queencreep's favorite)

I'm not sure how to get this through your thick skull, but nothing was banned, the producers of the books did it on their own accord.

Say it with me three times:

Nothing was banned, the publisher did it.

Now this one:

It was not the government.

Got it now?

No, of course you don't. Dope.

I was right.
 03/05/2021 08:28 AM

crankit

Removed from schools, removed from blunders book reading, sounds similar to a banning! Dope!!

03/05/2021 09:09 AM

Greensleeves

spankkit showing symptoms of advanced misunderstanding. Qotard level worst class
 03/05/2021 10:49 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: crankit

Removed from schools, removed from blunders book reading, sounds similar to a banning! Dope!!

Who removed it?

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Book Banning

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .