Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 36 sane dems? Who knew?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/24/2021 03:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/24/2021 03:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

These dems know he is not mentally sound. But our too dumb to live progs on NSR still don't have a clue.
From Politico: Nearly three dozen House Democrats on Monday called on Biden to relinquish his sole authority to launch nuclear weapons, in the latest appeal to reform the command-and-control structure so that no single person can initiate a nuclear war. "...Vesting one person with this authority entails real risks," states the letter spearheaded by Rep. Jimmy Panetta of California. "Past presidents have threatened to attack other countries with nuclear weapons or exhibited behavior that caused other officials to express concern about the president's judgment." "While any president would presumably consult with advisors before ordering a nuclear attack, there is no requirement to do so," the letter adds. "The military is obligated to carry out the order if they assess it is legal under the laws of war. Under the current posture of U.S. nuclear forces, that attack would happen in minutes."

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 02/24/2021 04:09 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I don't imagine you bothered to check and see if this has happened to previous presidents.

I was right.
 02/24/2021 04:10 PM

Cole

Thought so.

http://www.congress.gov/bill/1...ongress/house-bill/669

I was right.
 02/24/2021 04:19 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole I don't imagine you bothered to check and see if this has happened to previous presidents.
Didn't need to. We have never had a president who suffered from alzheimers in the nuclear era. It is obvious why they they are worried about this president. He might want to say, "I want to be clear about them," but say, "I want to launch the nuclear weapons." Have you seen this guy speak? Seen the blank look on his face?

02/24/2021 04:37 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This has been brought up several times, including during Nixon's drinking sprees.
The football does not launch weapons, it authorizes a retaliation with deployment/launch of weapons.
There is a validating processes to ensure it is a legal order. With different presidents that process was scrutinized more than others...because they were deemed to be impulsive and/or ignorant and the people in charge of this shit don't want to start WWIII.

But, in order for deterrence to work we need the ability to quickly respond to an imminent threat. That is what the football is for, it has authorized responses to a multitude of threats.

A first strike attack is something totally different and indeed should have the authorization of more than just the president. An example of this is the Tora Bora Valley in December of 2001. A nuclear option was considered by the President and Gen. Cartwright but not executed for good reasons.

This has nothing to do with Biden, probably more to do with Trump.

Trumpatsy's (I heart putin patsy??) LLNL friends would be embarrassed by what he has turned into.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 02/25/2021 at 03:38 AM by Bamboo
 02/24/2021 05:10 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole

I don't imagine you bothered to check and see if this has happened to previous presidents.

Didn't need to. We have never had a president who suffered from alzheimers in the nuclear era. It is obvious why they they are worried about this president. He might want to say, "I want to be clear about them," but say, "I want to launch the nuclear weapons." Have you seen this guy speak? Seen the blank look on his face?

Reagan was suffering from Alzheimer's disease in office, that's pretty well known.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/24/2021 06:09 PM

Cole

Reagan and Trump. Wait till the Trump rallies if you doubt it.

Everything is the biggest and greatest because Trump can't find the descriptive words he is after. That is early stage dementia.

I was right.

Edited: 02/24/2021 at 06:11 PM by Cole
 02/25/2021 04:11 AM

follydude

Didn't need to. We have never had a president who suffered from alzheimers in the nuclear era.

What???
 02/25/2021 05:29 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: follydude

Didn't need to. We have never had a president who suffered from alzheimers in the nuclear era.

What???

He tried to jump the shark, but landed in the pool.

I think I used this line on FK in the past, but it's fitting since Tfap is now FK.

I was right.
 02/25/2021 06:17 AM

johnnyboy

Tpapsmear. Educated in public and online. Thanks cole.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/25/2021 07:44 AM

tpapablo

See? Told you that our NSR progs still wouldn't get it. Dumb as bricks, they are. Some socialologist should do a study to determine if surfing progs are particularly stupid. It sure seems that way, doesn't it? One could speculate that the sun fries their already suspect brains, but I am smarter than ever. So it couldn't be just that.

02/25/2021 07:50 AM

johnnyboy

You are smarter than ever. O times O is still O.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/25/2021 11:21 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

We needed this badly for the last 4 years, not as much now as a familiarity with reality has been returned to the White House
Probably still a good idea.

Did FK get banned or something?
Is that why you feel the need to fill some gap?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/25/2021 12:45 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy You are smarter than ever. O times O is still O.
Why yes it is. You, JB, are a math wizard relative to your fellow progs. While they can certainly tell you that they are racist white supremacists who oppress minorities at every available opportunity, they'd botch that complex mathematical equation. Too bad the kids in Buffalo will as well.

02/25/2021 02:20 PM

Cole

Buffalo? Wrong thread there Einstein. lol

I was right.
 02/25/2021 04:07 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole Buffalo? Wrong thread there Einstein. lol
See, I have this ability to make points in various threads. So, if an opportunity comes up to make a point in one thread that I originally raised in a different thread, I do that. It's not something that progs have ever experienced.

02/25/2021 04:21 PM

Cole

Buffalo? Wrong thread there Einstein. lol

See, I have this ability to make points in various threads. So, if an opportunity comes up to make a point in one thread that I originally raised in a different thread, I do that. It's not something that progs have ever experienced.

Will someone please show grandpa Wrongnuts to his rocking chair....

I was right.
 02/26/2021 06:06 AM

tpapablo

Out of it.
I'm telling you, from what I've heard from people in my network, everyone knows how bad it is. Everyone. It's not a mystery. It is the worst-kept secret in the White House. And how they can - think about this. We are only in the second month of this. How bad is this going to be four years from now? This is a serious problem. It's not a joke."
I knew. Was pretty obvious if you aren't an utter fool.

02/26/2021 06:09 AM

Cole

This is the same thing you said when Biden bested Trump in the debates. In fact, you made an entire thread about it.

Not that I care, Trump isn't there and that's all that matters.

I was right.
 02/26/2021 06:28 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole This is the same thing you said when Biden bested Trump in the debates. In fact, you made an entire thread about it. Not that I care, Trump isn't there and that's all that matters.
I say it because the guy is senile. There will be more threads from me about it. And, people on your side will soon be saying it. The NSR progs will never know. Even Dementia Joe has more cognitive function than you guys.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : 36 sane dems? Who knew?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .