Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 20+ Years ago a doctor published a study
Topic Summary: It was completely made up
Created On: 01/27/2021 02:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2021 02:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Perhaps an empty casing in the revolver of the smoking gun of the Right's wacky conspiracy theories.

Anti-Vaxxers

20 years ago, a doctor published a study. It was completely made up and it made us all sicker.
The entire study was fabricated.

By Adam Mordecai

Once upon a time, a scientist named Dr. Andrew Wakefield published in the medical journal The Lancet that he had discovered a link between autism and vaccines.

After years of controversy and making parents mistrust vaccines, along with collecting $674,000 from lawyers who would benefit from suing vaccine makers, it was discovered he had made the whole thing up. The Lancet publicly apologized and reported that further investigation led to the discovery that he had fabricated everything.

In the intervening years, millions have been spent on studying this further to see if there was anything that could connect autism and vaccines. This is what they found...

https://www.upworthy.com/20-ye...-it-made-us-all-sicker

01/27/2021 03:30 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

But, follydude, for that 20+ years it was science. And we must follow the science. Because if you don't, or if you even question the validity of the science, you are a science denier. And that is bad. So, whoever discovered this to be a fraud is a science denier and is to be chastised. Yeah, I know, science is only what progs believe it to be. And that science is always right and never the product of fraud. It's different for prog science.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 01/27/2021 03:46 PM

follydude

Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago

A new investigation shows the oil company understood the science before it became a public issue and spent millions to promote misinformation

Exxon was aware of climate change, as early as 1977, 11 years before it became a public issue, according to a recent investigation from InsideClimate News. This knowledge did not prevent the company (now ExxonMobil and the world's largest oil and gas company) from spending decades refusing to publicly acknowledge climate change and even promoting climate misinformation - an approach many have likened to the lies spread by the tobacco industry regarding the health risks of smoking. Both industries were conscious that their products wouldn't stay profitable once the world understood the risks, so much so that they used the same consultants to develop strategies on how to communicate with the public. ...

https://www.scientificamerican...e-almost-40-years-ago/

01/27/2021 04:21 PM

tpapablo

I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs, who were anti-nuclear back then. They poo-poo'd it at the time. Progs have always been stupid. Those same progs are the biggest adherents of the greenhouse effect now, I bet. If those dumbasses had listened to me and we had 100% nuclear now, we'd not be in this jam. As it is, there is no way out. The lesson here, folly, is always do the exact opposite of what a prog wants and we will be fine. Do what they want, and we're screwed.

01/27/2021 04:44 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo But, follydude, for that 20+ years it was science.
No. It wasn't. It was one paper from one fake study. Wakefield and his 'study' are just like Seralini and his roundup rats or Behe and his Intelligent Design.

01/27/2021 05:01 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs, who were anti-nuclear back then. They poo-poo'd it at the time. Progs have always been stupid. Those same progs are the biggest adherents of the greenhouse effect now, I bet. If those dumbasses had listened to me and we had 100% nuclear now, we'd not be in this jam. As it is, there is no way out. The lesson here, folly, is always do the exact opposite of what a prog wants and we will be fine. Do what they want, and we're screwed.

Here in South Carolina, the antithesis of a prog state, the GOP legislators had the state utility SCE&G and its parent SCANA develop a pair of nuclear powered electric generation stations.

The project failed miserably. The executives of the utilities were corrupt and when they weren't self-dealing, they were lying about the status of development.

When whistle blowers from the prime contractor, Westinghouse, emerged it became obvious that zero oversight and incompetence were two main factors.

So, your Conservitard amigos were given the keys to the car and promptly drove it off the cliff.

Conservitards can't even properly organize a one car funeral.

01/27/2021 05:05 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs,
Should I link the threads you posted linking to such awesome science sources as "climatedepot" where they claim that there has been no warming for the last 15 or 20 years and that the whole thing is a hoax?

01/28/2021 06:37 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: tpapablo I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs,
Should I link the threads you posted linking to such awesome science sources as "climatedepot" where they claim that there has been no warming for the last 15 or 20 years and that the whole thing is a hoax?
I don't know if you should. That's up to you. I have never said there wasn't global warming. To the contrary, I have said that there has been global warming for the last 10,000 years. What I have questioned is how much is man-caused and, regardless, what we should do about it. That is what differentiates me from the simpletons on this forum. I question. They don't.

01/28/2021 06:47 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That there isn't a man caused component to climate change is the stuff of fools, geezers, and qooks.

Ladies and germs I give you tsuQblo. The most willfully ignorant nobody in Mims.
 01/28/2021 07:37 AM

johnnyboy

He's hedging with his evolving understanding. Its warm, I just dont know why and its natural. Three monkeys doing the Tpap.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/28/2021 10:16 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Some call it lies, he calls it job security.
 01/28/2021 10:36 AM

scombrid

In one post he says he was lecturing progs about the greenhouse effect 40 years ago. A couple of posts later he says he doesn't think the warming is "man caused". Duplicitous.

01/28/2021 10:57 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid In one post he says he was lecturing progs about the greenhouse effect 40 years ago. A couple of posts later he says he doesn't think the warming is "man caused". Duplicitous.
No need to lie. Simply place my two quotes together and let the people come to their own conclusions.
What I have questioned is how much [global warming] is man-caused ....
I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs, who were anti-nuclear back then.

01/28/2021 03:43 PM

scombrid

Bless your heart. You can't tell that you're contradicting yourself.

01/28/2021 03:45 PM

Cole

Bless your heart. You can't tell that you're contradicting yourself.

Right? There is no way someone this unintelligent was a lawyer.

I was right.
 01/28/2021 03:46 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo But, follydude, for that 20+ years it was science.
No. It wasn't. It was one paper from one fake study. Wakefield and his 'study' are just like Seralini and his roundup rats or Behe and his Intelligent Design.
Back to pabby saying that what Wakefield did was science.

01/28/2021 03:47 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: scombrid Bless your heart. You can't tell that you're contradicting yourself.
Right? There is no way someone this unintelligent was a lawyer.
disingenuous duplicitousness. He thinks he is walking a fine line of obfuscating fence sitting. It is a play out of the "merchants of doubt" tobacco lobby handbook.

01/28/2021 03:50 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo But, follydude, for that 20+ years it was science. And we must follow the science. Because if you don't, or if you even question the validity of the science, you are a science denier. And that is bad. So, whoever discovered this to be a fraud is a science denier and is to be chastised.
Wakefield, Seralini, and your industry climate shills are all cut from the same cloth. They are the deniers and fraudsters. That is why they get chastised, not because they are asking tough questions or bringing valid challenge with the goal of advancing knowledge.

01/28/2021 05:10 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I knew about global warming 40 years ago too. I raised the greenhouse effect in arguments with progs,

I don't know if you should. That's up to you. I have never said there wasn't global warming. To the contrary, I have said that there has been global warming for the last 10,000 years. What I have questioned is how much is man-caused and, regardless, what we should do about it. That is what differentiates me from the simpletons on this forum. I question. They don't.

You are a liar. Nice try, but unlike dotards, i can remember things...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/29/2021 06:18 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Bless your heart.

That's Southern for, "Shut the fuggup, you ignorant azzhole."
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .