Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Video Shows Newly Elected W.Va. Lawmaker Among Mob That Stormed The U.S. Capitol
Topic Summary: POS Needs to resign NOW
Created On: 01/07/2021 03:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/07/2021 03:39 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

A newly elected member of the West Virginia House of Delegates has been seen in a video as part of the group of pro-Trump rioters who forced their way into the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

Del. Derrick Evans, a Republican from Wayne County, W.Va., won his first term as a state lawmaker in the November election and was sworn in last month. Video streaming on his Facebook page throughout the day showed him on the Capitol grounds and just outside the building.

The video that shows Evans entering the Capitol was later deleted, though not before multiple social media users made and shared copies of it.

At one point during the video, hundreds of people are shown forcing their way into the building, and someone is heard yelling: "We're in! We're in! Derrick Evans is in the Capitol!"

In a separate Facebook post published just after 6 p.m., Evans said he was on a bus traveling back to West Virginia. He wrote that he did not have "negative interactions" with law enforcement. He said he did not participate in "any destruction that may have occurred."

He wrote that he was in D.C. "as an independent member of the media to film history." However, Evans is not known to work as a professional journalist.

In a statement issued Wednesday evening, West Virginia House Speaker Roger Hanshaw condemned the events at the U.S. Capitol.

"I have not spoken to Delegate Evans about today's events. I don't know the specifics of his involvement. I have only seen what has been posted on social media so far, and I'm sure more details may come out soon," Hanshaw said. "He will need to answer to his constituents and colleagues regarding his involvement in what has occurred today."

A spokesman for Hanshaw also said that because the event is still unfolding, the speaker's office is gathering information and "will evaluate all the potential consequences once the totality of the situation is understood."

Belinda Biafore and Rod Snyder - who serve as chair and vice chair of the West Virginia Democratic Party, respectively - called for Evans to resign from his seat in the House of Delegates.

Evans did not respond to multiple requests by West Virginia Public Broadcasting for an interview.

-------------------------
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump

Edited: 01/07/2021 at 03:53 AM by gdudewe
 01/07/2021 04:18 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Is he the one............. who posted the speakers podium on Ebay? WATTBA
 01/07/2021 05:46 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I would expect them to arrest him. I'm sure there's some felony involved in what happened yesterday.

And since that poor stupid maga woman took a bullet through the spine trying to get into the chamber, perhaps felony murder.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/07/2021 05:56 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck And since that poor stupid maga woman took a bullet through the spine trying to get into the chamber, perhaps felony murder.
? nah bro, she was a terrorist. ex military and darwin award stupid for sure, but not poor. am I wrong to support this kind of police action?
 01/07/2021 07:11 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Yeah that Qotard lady on the slab might as well get "Steaks'd" engraved on her headstone

Too bad it wasn't Evans

When America was "great"
 01/07/2021 12:04 PM

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

Lets not forget our own delusional, under the cult spell Posey participating in this gathering premised on bold faced lies as well. He may not have unlawfully entered the Capital (or maybe he did), but he has been a Trump surrogate in spreading the lies of election fraud. And Rubio - suddenly all about law and order, after encouraging and congratulating Tumpers attacking Biden's campaign bus.
 01/07/2021 12:16 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yeah. Too late for them to back track. Posey was a birther back in 2009. He has been pushing the unfounded fraud theories. Totally an accessory.

01/07/2021 12:38 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

But here's the funny part. You know who would NEVER be there in that protest?

Trump

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/10/2021 07:42 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Did the Dem lawmakers taking part in the antifag/blm riots get prosecuted or resign?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/10/2021 08:22 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

But here's the funny part. You know who would NEVER be there in that protest?

Trump

It's the bone spurs, dude.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/10/2021 01:30 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

To re-quote howie stern: "he hates his lowlife base supporters. He hates you people, wouldn't let you into lobby of his hotels".
But he would throw them under a tank, and incite them to seditious insurrection on our capitol.
Two cops murdered by these traitors. The national guard will be locked and loaded next time.

It's a democratic hoax
 01/10/2021 01:31 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The West Virginia delegate resigned and has been Federally charged.

https://www.wdtv.com/2021/01/0...een-federally-charged/

Edited: 01/10/2021 at 01:36 PM by follydude
 01/10/2021 01:34 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Another one:

>Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), a gun-toting supporter of the QAnon movement, is facing backlash after she was accused of live-tweeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) location during the attack on Capitol Hill last week."

The flags at the WH have been lowered. Must have taken an act of Congress.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/10/2021 01:34 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Another one:

>Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), a gun-toting supporter of the QAnon movement, is facing backlash after she was accused of live-tweeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) location during the attack on Capitol Hill last week."

The flags at the WH have been lowered. Must have taken an act of Congress.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .