Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Get ready for a run in ammo
Topic Summary: They’re gonna take ur guns away
Created On: 12/19/2020 07:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/22/2020 03:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck There hasn't been any ammo since spring. .
frooty mango OP suspect bullshyt thread? ya don't say...
 12/23/2020 06:19 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I haven't had any problems buying ammo on line (ammo man). Got a steel can of .223 about a month ago, the website said there may be a delay in shipping, but it only took 2 days. Didn't get any 9mm, but I'm pretty sure they had it in stock.

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 12/23/2020 06:46 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What do people do with all of this expensive ammo? I understand the caviar types still target shoot, but what about the rest on the commoners?

I was right.
 12/23/2020 06:46 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

I haven't had any problems buying ammo on line (ammo man). Got a steel can of .223 about a month ago, the website said there may be a delay in shipping, but it only took 2 days. Didn't get any 9mm, but I'm pretty sure they had it in stock.

I just checked the site you mentioned and all they have for .223 is 20 round boxes for $1 to $1.50 per round. They do have a decent deal on 9mm though.

The talk to require braced AR pistols to register as SBR is kind of puzzling. Nobody uses the brace any differently than any of its alternatives. Also, it takes 5 seconds to swap the brace out for something else. I have no idea how requiring any AR pistol with a brace to register as an SBR has any impact on anyone except the companies that manufacture the braces.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/23/2020 06:49 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole

What do people do with all of this expensive ammo? I understand the caviar types still target shoot, but what about the rest on the commoners?

Most of them keep a couple thousand rounds of a few different calibers in case the zombie virus escapes a lab in Wuhan or things get tough and we have to hunt food for you and the women among us.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/23/2020 07:29 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

I just checked the site you mentioned and all they have for .223 is 20 round boxes for $1 to $1.50 per round. They do have a decent deal on 9mm though.

The talk to require braced AR pistols to register as SBR is kind of puzzling. Nobody uses the brace any differently than any of its alternatives. Also, it takes 5 seconds to swap the brace out for something else. I have no idea how requiring any AR pistol with a brace to register as an SBR has any impact on anyone except the companies that manufacture the braces.

The brace is used as a mini stock while avoiding the SBR classification until now. Not a huge deal unless you decide to sell it. Hardcore 2A folks are fired up though.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 12/23/2020 07:31 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

By any chance a tanfoglio?

Nah, Pietta 1851 Navy Colt

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 12/23/2020 07:42 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

I've used a few in the past; try bulk ammo .com (I think) too. I got 1,000 rounds, the can, and a speed loader for ~$750.

My dog got me a fully automatic bb gun for Christmas. It advertises 1,400 bb's/minute. I can't wait to try that sucker out!

12/23/2020 08:17 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

a friend has a couple of auto bb guns and I gotta say they are a blast. He will set up a run and gun course in his back yard with soup cans and water filled plastic bottles and soda cans. Gotta say I was impressed with them and the rate of fire is stupid fast compared to a real auto (short of maybe a MG42 type gun).

He buys his bb's and CO2 in bulk with no problem.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 12/23/2020 08:30 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

CO2 is a little more difficult to find than I expected. I bought Academy Sports and Walmart out for a grad total of 10 cartridges.

Mrs. worksux told me I was going to shoot my eye out....

12/23/2020 08:57 AM

Bamboo

He had cases of the co2 cartridges.
And just screwing around we went through a bunch.
I think he is looking into refillable cartridges, but I have no idea what is required for that. He is a AWS certified welder and has an account with a gas company so he is used to working with bulk gasses (he used to have a NO2 fill station and mother bottle but got rid of that right when I was considering adding a nitrous system to one of my cars, and because of the hassle and cost of retail NO2 fills I changed my mind),

And being the boys we are we made some use of the empty cartridges by filling a few with matchheads and using a pipe launcher mortar style to shoot them hundreds of yards away. Kinda like the ultimate potato (not potatoe) gun.
kids, don't try that at home!!!
(no seriously, don't try that at home, it is dangerous and kind of a stupid thing to do)

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 12/23/2020 at 09:21 AM by Bamboo
 12/23/2020 09:31 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

this cat sounds like a blast! (see what i did there...)

When I was much younger and more less dumber, we made a chlorine bomb using the instruction from anarchist cookbook. I don't know where the hell they got the formula for every 1" of wax = 1 minute of fuse time, but they were WAY off. I highly recommend not trying this at home.....

12/23/2020 02:13 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole

Most of them keep a couple thousand rounds of a few different calibers in case the zombie virus escapes a lab in Wuhan or things get tough and we have to hunt food for you and the women among us.

Hunt food. lol

Sorry homey, there ain't nothing to hunt.

I was right.
 12/23/2020 02:21 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Judging by how many misses the "sniper" posts on NSR, I doubt he'd be able to hunt the side of a barn for "supper"

When America was "great"
 01/04/2021 11:45 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Update for Bamboo.....it's a total effing blast, but the magazine it comes with only holds 25 bb's, so I'm on a mission to find a higher capacity one. Damn thing sounds like a real auto with a suppressor too. The dogs were not impressed.

Happy New Year all

Edited: 01/04/2021 at 11:45 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 01/04/2021 12:48 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

I "inherited" my dad's service 45 earlier this year. 2 full boxes and 6 full clips. Got it buried in the back yard in a Tupperware container wrapped in oily rags just for the times that are ahead. Until then, I still have a wrist rocket, a gnarly machete and 2 big ass pit mixes. I figger while the ne'er do well is concentrating on keeping his nards out of my pritty pittie's mouths, I sling a lug nut in his head.

please tell me you didnt actually bury a gun in your yard?

if things go that kookoo "they" would certainly sweep yards with a metal detector

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 01/04/2021 12:50 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

^ lol . ...put nothin past slimey. how ya been, panda?
 01/04/2021 12:53 PM

Bamboo

Very cool! Thanks for the follow up!
I can see how it would be a fun thing to get into. I was really tempted to get one but really don't need another toy to feed! Ha!

BTW - I asked where he bought his CO2/BBs and he buys them at Walmart and Airgun Depot. Before i posted this I checked and they both had 40 cartridge boxes (walmart on wickham has a bunch now) , but the cases of 100 seem to be sold out for now.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Get ready for a run in ammo

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .