Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Erin Brockovich on Biden pick: The fox is in the henhouse
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2020 12:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2020 12:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Environmental activist Erin Brockovich tells CNN's Brianna Keilar why environmentalists denounce President-elect Joe Biden's transition EPA review team pick Michael McCabe over his work with DuPont on PFOA.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 11/21/2020 02:46 PM

scombrid

In her op-ed, Brockovich, 60, explains how that chemical is "used in everything from waterproof clothes, stain-resistant textiles and food packaging to non-stick pans"
Shall we count dingpatch among the libtards that thinks everyone should live in mud huts? So disingenuous. Folks like Ding and the rest of the GOP folks would be screaming if Biden instead packed the transition review team with Greenpeace and Sierra Club activists. This is a review team, it should have representation from scientists and regulated entities. Ding has a problem with this now so he is giving an enviro-grifter airtime?

11/24/2020 05:36 AM

dingpatch

Ummmmmmmm, , , , , , so, , , , Erin is an enviro-grifter?

Leaving us to beleive that you are a shill for the chem-industry??

Dora Hates You
 11/24/2020 05:42 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

An expert in his field was placed on a transition team. I do believe that's how it works.

With his track record should he be running the EPA? No, of course not.

I was right.
 11/24/2020 05:48 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"BIDEN EPA TRANSITION TEAM MEMBER HELPED DUPONT DODGE RESPONSIBILITY FOR PFOA"

http://theintercept.com/2020/1...sition-dupont-mccabe/

You guys remember PFOA right? It's in our water and associated with Satellite Beach cancer clusters.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/25/2020 04:26 AM

Cole

From the article.

Asked about McCabe's volunteer position on the EPA review team, a spokesperson for Biden's transition team emailed that "Michael McCabe has vast experience and knowledge of the EPA to help the Biden-Harris administration tackle the challenges facing our country. McCabe has recused himself from any matters involving the Toxic Substances Control Act. Additionally, he has also committed to not taking a position within the Biden administration."

Funny thing Rusty, I don't recall you posting a single thing about a Trump appointment. lol

MAGA on bro!

I was right.
 11/25/2020 04:35 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

Funny thing Rusty, I don't recall you posting a single thing about a Trump appointment. lol

MAGA on bro!

I wouldn't call your memory loss funny.

Sounds like you're going to be a cheerleader for team Biden, and accuse anyone who criticizes him of being mean and nasty.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

11/25/2020 04:37 AM

Cole

Show me a link?

He isn't even the president yet and you are on attack? Really? lol

I was right.

Edited: 11/25/2020 at 04:38 AM by Cole
 11/25/2020 04:41 AM

Cole

Here is Trump actual appointment. Please show me your disgust in this choice.

Edward Scott Pruitt (born May 9, 1968) is an American lawyer, lobbyist and Republican politician from the state of Oklahoma. He served as the fourteenth Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from February 17, 2017, to July 6, 2018. He was nominated for the EPA position by President Donald Trump and was confirmed by the United States Senate to lead the EPA in a 52 - 46 vote. Pruitt rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.[2]

Pruitt represented Tulsa and Wagoner counties in the Oklahoma Senate from 1998 until 2006. In 2010, Pruitt was elected Attorney General of Oklahoma. In that role, he opposed abortion, same-sex marriage, the Affordable Care Act, and environmental regulations as a self-described "leading advocate against the EPA's activist agenda."[3] In his campaigns for Oklahoma Attorney General, Pruitt received major corporate and employee campaign contributions from the fossil fuel industry, taking in at least $215,574 between 2010 and 2014 even though he ran unopposed in the latter year. As Oklahoma's Attorney General, Pruitt sued the Environmental Protection Agency at least 14 times regarding the agency's actions. In 2012, Pruitt was elected as chairman of the Republican Attorneys General Association and re-elected for a second term in February 2013.

I was right.
 11/25/2020 05:28 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: Cole Funny thing Rusty, I don't recall you posting a single thing about a Trump appointment. lol MAGA on bro!
I wouldn't call your memory loss funny. .
5/5 & he hates to hear it.
 11/25/2020 05:54 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: dingpatch Ummmmmmmm, , , , , , so, , , , Erin is an enviro-grifter? Leaving us to beleive that you are a shill for the chem-industry??
Yeah sure I'm a chemmy shill there cocheech. Unfortunately she has jumped the shark. She doesn't even make a distinction between glyphosate and chemicals like neonicotinoids and chlorpyrifos most of the time. But hell, you think USRTK is legitimate so of course you think she is totally on it. Like I said, you people would bitch if Biden loaded his EPA transition team with Sierra Club and Greenpeace activists so you really don't have a lot of credibility here.

11/25/2020 06:07 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Cole

Here is Trump actual appointment. Please show me your disgust in this choice.

Edward Scott Pruitt (born May 9, 1968) is an American lawyer, lobbyist and Republican politician from the state of Oklahoma. He served as the fourteenth Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from February 17, 2017, to July 6, 2018. He was nominated for the EPA position by President Donald Trump and was confirmed by the United States Senate to lead the EPA in a 52 - 46 vote. Pruitt rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.[2]

Pruitt represented Tulsa and Wagoner counties in the Oklahoma Senate from 1998 until 2006. In 2010, Pruitt was elected Attorney General of Oklahoma. In that role, he opposed abortion, same-sex marriage, the Affordable Care Act, and environmental regulations as a self-described "leading advocate against the EPA's activist agenda."[3] In his campaigns for Oklahoma Attorney General, Pruitt received major corporate and employee campaign contributions from the fossil fuel industry, taking in at least $215,574 between 2010 and 2014 even though he ran unopposed in the latter year. As Oklahoma's Attorney General, Pruitt sued the Environmental Protection Agency at least 14 times regarding the agency's actions. In 2012, Pruitt was elected as chairman of the Republican Attorneys General Association and re-elected for a second term in February 2013.

I've been consistently critical of trump picks, especially DeVos. The problem here is that you're using trump to justify bad picks by Biden. It's a sort of liberal relativism that drives away critical thinking independents.

I expect over the next four years we will hear a lot about how Biden can't accomplish anything because he's ham strung by the GOP Senate but he's so much more presidential than trump, then in 2024 we'll end up with with President My Pillow Guy.

11/25/2020 06:51 AM

scombrid

No. It is called balance. Not sure what you expect to see. You want to drive away independents? Pack the regulatory agencies with greenpeace activists. You have to wonder where ding has been. He never criticized Pruitt or Wheeler or all the role backs they did. Now he has a critique? Disingenuous.

11/25/2020 06:53 AM

scombrid

Brevard County PFOA analysis.

Edited: 11/25/2020 at 06:53 AM by scombrid
 11/25/2020 10:46 AM

RustyTruck

Staffing agencies with industry lobbyists is a trump tactic, and if you're against it when he does it, but ok with it when it's your guy, then you might be part of the problem.

11/25/2020 03:17 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Staffing agencies with industry lobbyists is a trump tactic, and if you're against it when he does it, but ok with it when it's your guy, then you might be part of the problem.

Can you read?

On the transition team. Will not work for the administration.

I was right.
 11/25/2020 05:43 PM

RustyTruck

He is working for the administration. Ask yourself why and how much it cost Polution Corp.

11/26/2020 07:56 AM

Cole

McCabe has recused himself from any matters involving the Toxic Substances Control Act. Additionally, he has also committed to not taking a position within the Biden administration."

I was right.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .