Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Going from "I'm immune"
Topic Summary: To you’re responsible.
Created On: 10/22/2020 06:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2020 06:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://www.politico.com/news/m...ssion-immunity-430928

>> Trump, whether it's wishful thinking, longing or projection, is reckoning with the durability of his lifelong belief in his own immunity from consequence. It's how he's always seen himself, and it's how he's wanted to be seen by the world. "He thinks he's immune to everything," the biographer Tim O'Brien told me. "He always did," said Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization vice president who worked for Trump in the 1970s, '80s and '90s and has a new book out called Tower of Lies.

The presidency has afforded Trump a feeling of inviolability, and he has sought to expand the privileges of the office beyond their already vast scope, claiming for himself a kind of immunity so legally unsubstantiated even his own Supreme Court nominees have had to rein him in. But Trump's view of himself as untouchable is in some ways just an extension and escalation of a mindset he learned from the two most important mentors in his life - Fred Trump, his dour, domineering father, and Roy Cohn, the notorious attorney and amoral political fixer. But the issue that now looms is whether or not he can remain as immune as he's been for the past nearly four years. Because if the office of the presidency has granted him an unusual level of immunity, it has made him the ultimate target, too.<<

The limo ride is ending and he's getting off in a place where it's dark, cold and people are waiting for him.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/22/2020 06:09 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"The limo ride is ending and he's getting off in a place where it's dark, cold and people are waiting for him."

Well done.
Sounds like the beginning of a good modern tragedy novel.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 10/22/2020 06:16 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Cohn

http://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/27...e-lawyer-roy-cohn.html

I was right.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .