Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump Supporters: What would make you not vote for Trump for President?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/21/2020 11:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2020 11:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

426Blue

Joined Forum: 11/18/2007

If you're a Trump supporter, what would make you not vote for him? I'm curious, since his supporters are continually unfazed by his actions, during and prior to him holding office. Is there anything?
 09/21/2020 11:49 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The tribe will be silent on this point. Imagine if you had years of justifying tens of thousands of lies, complete incompetence in world affairs, botched corona virus handling and just listening to him bullshit everyday like he does. They are all in.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/21/2020 12:12 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: 426Blue

If you're a Trump supporter, what would make you not vote for him?

I'm curious, since his supporters are continually unfazed by his actions, during and prior to him holding office. Is there anything?

Nothing will change their vote. He's literally shitting down their throats. They love it.

Edited: 09/21/2020 at 12:12 PM by HAPDigital
 09/21/2020 01:19 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

426Blue, great question and I am looking forward to some serious insight into what that line is.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 09/21/2020 at 01:19 PM by Bamboo
 09/21/2020 01:36 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I'm curious, since his supporters are continually unfazed by his actions, during and prior to him holding office. Is there anything?

No there is not and here is why:

trumpers can be largely broken down into three segment. They are generally at least one and sometimes two/three of these things

- Idealogues that like authoritative power (they like to tell people what they should/shouldn't do)
- Evangelicals who want to pack the courts in order to overturn Roe V Wade
- Those who only care about djia/portfolio growth i.e. wealthy people

My eldest brother is two of those. I could see nothing that would change his mind.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: 426Blue If you're a Trump supporter, what would make you not vote for him? I'm curious, since his supporters are continually unfazed by his actions, during and prior to him holding office. Is there anything?
Sure, there are lots of things that would cause me not to vote for him. But first, I didn't vote for Trump to be a typical politician. Nor was I under any illusions that he was one. Trump never claimed to be a saint in his pre-politican days and I didn't expect one. I voted for Trump to change things, give the finger to the establishment and get the things done that most previous politicians had promised to do but had not. He has come through for me. As far as what it would take for me to vote against him, the list is infinite. I wouldn't vote for him if: he'd dropped a nuke on American terrirory, murdered someone, locked me up, gone to war against England for no good reason, he'd nominated two Ginsburg clones instead of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, enacted the green new deal, raised taxes, etc. No matter what he did, however, I wouldn't vote for Biden.

I :heart; Q

johnnyboy

Its a trick question. I just figured out the answer thanks to Rusty's post about the idiot who railed against masks and just died. Death. Thats what it will take.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/21/2020 01:37 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Its a trick question. I just figured out the answer thanks to Rusty's post about the idiot who railed against masks and just died. Death. Thats what it will take.

LOL True
 09/21/2020 01:39 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Sure, there are lots of things that would cause me not to vote for him. But first, I didn't vote for Trump to be a typical politician. Nor was I under any illusions that he was one. Trump never claimed to be a saint in his pre-politican days and I didn't expect one. I voted for Trump to change things, give the finger to the establishment and get the things done that most previous politicians had promised to do but had not. He has come through for me. As far as what it would take for me to vote against him, the list is infinite. I wouldn't vote for him if: he'd dropped a nuke on American terrirory, murdered someone, locked me up, gone to war against England for no good reason, he'd nominated two Ginsburg clones instead of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, enacted the green new deal, raised taxes, etc. No matter what he did, however, I wouldn't vote for Biden.

Except trump never gave the establishment the finger. He gave them a huge windfall through his tax cuts. trump is the establishment ya dopes.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 09/21/2020 01:41 PM

Cole

Yep, Trump is the head alligator in the swamp.

I was right.
 09/22/2020 06:06 AM

Cole

Trump is making bank off of America, and God knows were else. He had Pence fly across Ireland, just he could make the money off of the stay. He is 100 times worse than any president in the modern era. Nixon in Mother Teresa compared to him.

I was right.
 09/22/2020 06:19 AM

johnnyboy

Nixon never commuted or pardoned his coconspirators.

09/22/2020 07:03 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole Trump is making bank off of America, and God knows were else. He had Pence fly across Ireland, just he could make the money off of the stay. He is 100 times worse than any president in the modern era. Nixon in Mother Teresa compared to him.
So he gives up his salary of $400,000, but would send Pence to Ireland so he could make a dollar or two? You lack the abbility to engage in critical thinking.

09/22/2020 07:08 AM

Greensleeves

Twitler has a screw loose. Why would he engage in shady $Hit with his charity and roll over like a dog when given an ultimatum to close it?
 09/22/2020 07:11 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

He does do some weird petty nickel-dime shit that you wouldn't really expect, but it's most likely part of his pathology.

Like if you've got all that money, why screw over contractors and refuse to pay legitimate debts?

Could it be.... thrill of power?

Same reason a wealthy person might shoplift perhaps.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/22/2020 07:55 AM

426Blue

Originally posted by: 426Blue If you're a Trump supporter, what would make you not vote for him? I'm curious, since his supporters are continually unfazed by his actions, during and prior to him holding office. Is there anything?
 09/22/2020 07:57 AM

HAPDigital

Trump murdered 200,000+ and counting.
 09/22/2020 08:12 AM

426Blue

Sorry for misfire. Tpap - Trump admitted to doing the equivalent of dropping a nuke on American territory. He admitted to knowing about the high degree of contagiousness of Covid-19 weeks and maybe months before the public became fully informed. He chose to keep it to himself, and even worse, underplay the veracity of the disease, likely because he thought it would make the stock market tank, damaging the one perceived accomplishment, which he wrongfully takes credit. Had he shared what he knew about Covid-19, you can bet that millions would have immediately changed their behavior in time to save thousands of lives, and prevent millions from becoming ill. There is zero difference between Trump's actions in February and March where he elected to not inform the public of the true dangers of Covid-19, versus a decision to not divulge his knowledge of a nuclear warhead headed towards Melbourne FL from North Korea or some other unstable country. Hopefully you will keep your word, and at least not vote for Trump.
 09/22/2020 08:17 AM

HAPDigital

And he is encouraging swarms of people to gather in tightly unmasked hat his rallies. He has no concerns about their health. It's murder.
 09/22/2020 08:22 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 426Blue Sorry for misfire. Tpap - Trump admitted to doing the equivalent of dropping a nuke on American territory. He admitted to knowing about the high degree of contagiousness of Covid-19 weeks and maybe months before the public became fully informed. He chose to keep it to himself, and even worse, underplay the veracity of the disease, likely because he thought it would make the stock market tank, damaging the one perceived accomplishment, which he wrongfully takes credit. Had he shared what he knew about Covid-19, you can bet that millions would have immediately changed their behavior in time to save thousands of lives, and prevent millions from becoming ill. There is zero difference between Trump's actions in February and March where he elected to not inform the public of the true dangers of Covid-19, versus a decision to not divulge his knowledge of a nuclear warhead headed towards Melbourne FL from North Korea or some other unstable country. Hopefully you will keep your word, and at least not vote for Trump.
I have one gripe about how Trump handled corona. He should not have encouraged lock downs. That was unnecessary. But he corrected that as more information became available. The greatest number of lives lost occurred in nursing homes and such. The dem governors oversaw that fiasco. In any event, he didn't nuke the U.S., so I will be voting for Trump.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .