Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: RBG last words
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/21/2020 05:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/21/2020 05:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed." - -

- - That's crazy. We would have to wait until 2025.

-------------------------

Who is Keyser Soze?

09/21/2020 05:24 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

LOL

Dora Hates You
 09/21/2020 05:26 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Or, as it stands now, in just over a month.

I was right.

Edited: 09/21/2020 at 05:26 AM by Cole
 09/21/2020 05:55 AM

johnnyboy

If anyone in the GOP thought that trump would win they wouldn't care how long this took. They know this is their parting shot.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/21/2020 05:58 AM

Greensleeves

She will never be replaced. The twitler nominee will be a shallow nitwit that couldn't hold RBG's gavel.

Look at Kav. Do we expect anything form that frat boy douche other than quiet dopey servitude to the right? A pasty sickly tool like the predominance of twitler supporters.

09/21/2020 05:58 AM

Cole

If I'm not mistaken, Trump's top female choice isn't big on birth control. How weird is that?

I was right.
 09/21/2020 09:16 AM

johnnyboy

They are inviting the packing of the court if they get her through. Remind me to cut and paste Tpap's bs response when he laments the playing of politics with the highest court routine ("like the republicans wouldn't do if they had the power to?"

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/21/2020 09:38 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: Cole

If I'm not mistaken, Trump's top female choice isn't big on birth control. How weird is that?

If she is anything like all of his other appointee's, she isn't qualified either.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 09/21/2020 09:56 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Meet your new justice

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/ne...jwifeyztinm-story.html

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/21/2020 10:19 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

going for the south Florida Cuban vote.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 09/21/2020 10:22 AM

johnnyboy

That checks off more boxes.

09/21/2020 11:06 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I wonder if Trump's new pick knows PJ and Skwee?

or

Donkey Dong Doug?

When America was "great"

Edited: 09/21/2020 at 11:10 AM by fishkller
 09/21/2020 11:18 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy They are inviting the packing of the court if they get her through. Remind me to cut and paste Tpap's bs response when he laments the playing of politics with the highest court routine ("like the republicans wouldn't do if they had the power to?"
They are going to try to do that anyway if Biden wins and the dems take the Senate and keep the house. Like Reid's big screw up, that too will be a mistake.

I :heart; Q
 09/21/2020 11:26 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Thank for the reminder fishkiller.

Gotta make sure our family calendars are ready for our Christmas Eve, round robin calendar readings!
 09/21/2020 11:30 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

That checks off more boxes.

I bet if they manage to get it to a vote, some Dems will vote for her.

Female, Hispanic, solid academics, Cuban exile.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

09/22/2020 08:55 AM

fishkller

Bump for Keyser Sunrises' thread..

I'm assuming she would flipflop on her previous statement:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/ne...t=chartbeat-flt

Abortion

Lagoa's record doesn't include significant abortion cases.

In response to questions from the U.S. Senate, Lagoa wrote that she would honor the precedent set by Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that established a nationwide right to abortion.

"For lower court judges, all Supreme Court precedent, including Roe v. Wade ... is settled law," she wrote. "If confirmed, I would faithfully apply this precedent and all other precedents of the Supreme Court."

Lagoa, a Catholic, garnered significant praise from the anti-abortion group Florida Family Policy Council when she was named to the Florida Supreme Court.

"She is smart, thoughtful, and has a conservative judicial philosophy that appreciates the limited role of the court," John Stemberger, the group's president, said at the time. "She is also deeply committed to her faith, her family and her community. In the world of judicial appointments, Barbara Lagoa is a home run."

On the campaign trail, Trump has vowed to nominate only judges who would "automatically" overturn Roe v. Wade.

I'm thinking she is too iffy for Trump.

He's probably got her on the short list to woo the Cuban American voter..

I think he'll go with someone much crazier and as submissive as possible.

When America was "great"

Edited: 09/22/2020 at 09:01 AM by fishkller
 09/22/2020 09:15 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

So how many Trumpsters have we outed as multi account users now? Let's see. GeezerSunset, FishDePoissonBackHandBuzzard, CurtisEMiker. Am I missing any schizos with multiple accounts/personalities. Funny thing is all their personalities are exactly alike. They have absolutely no creativity or ability to make a persona different from their own. Their accounts were either created to hide in shame or in hopes to have "more people backing their views". They also use them to insult and defame without consequence, in true weasel fashion. In the words of the great Split personality Miker, "WEAK!"
 09/22/2020 09:34 AM

johnnyboy

Roe vs Wade is not strong legally. It was taken back up with Planned Parenthood vs Casey. That's the definitive precedent. It shifted the legal analysis from whether abortion a legal right to any law involving abortion must not be an undue burden against this right.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki...d_Parenthood_v._Casey

It's clear law based upon precedent. But so was Plessy vs Ferguson. They are the highest court and precedent does not prevent them from making new law. It's only binding on all lower courts. The SCOTUS used sociology and science over precedent to overrule Plessy with the Brown vs Board of Education case. If the SCOTUS were to make a finding that upon conception, a new dna is created and indentifiable, then that is the essence of a new person. All people, new and old and unborn are entitled to the full protection of the rights enshrined in the constitution and bill of rights. This would include a right to live even against the wishes of a hostile host. This would end the argument about when a zygote becomes a person or how far along is far enough to bestow human rights to the unborn. It could be clean and scientific. 6-3.

09/22/2020 09:39 AM

fishkller

Yet they get upset that "black lives matter" LOL

"do as I say not as I do"

When America was "great"
 09/22/2020 09:42 AM

RustyTruck

Illegal abortions will quickly become a thriving black market.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : RBG last words

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .