Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Mask up in Satty
Topic Summary: Emergency ordinance
Created On: 07/07/2020 11:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/07/2020 11:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://www.floridatoday.com/st...-covid-19/5389058002/

Satellite Beach now requires customers and employees to wear masks inside "essential" businesses, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, convenience stores and gas stations.

During a Monday night special meeting, the Satellite Beach City Council approved an emergency ordinance enacting the mask mandate, citing increasing COVID-19 cases.

"We're not that big of a city. So it's one grocery store - Publix - Walgreens, CVS and some gas stations in our community," City Manager Courtney Barker said this morning.

Violators could face warnings and increasing civil fines of up to $500. Police officers and code enforcement officers can enforce the mask mandate, Barker said.

Fine for a first offense is $100, increasing to $250 for a second offense, and $500 for third and successive offenses.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 07/07/2020 11:16 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

I can't believe it takes an emergency ordinance to make people do the right thing.
 07/07/2020 11:18 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

We're saved! Thank the Lord. Kind of pointless though. Walking around in stores is not a significant means of transmission, according to the science. Must have been all the progs whining.

I :heart; Q
 07/07/2020 11:22 AM

RustyTruck

I would expect those who are not in voluntary compliance are not going to comply with a mandate either at this stage. But it's the right thing for the city to do anyway.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

07/07/2020 11:28 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo We're saved! Thank the Lord. Kind of pointless though. Walking around in stores is not a significant means of transmission, according to the science. Must have been all the progs whining.
Not intended to protect you as a customer.

07/07/2020 12:44 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

YOU CAN HAVE MY FACE WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY F.. oh wait..

07/07/2020 12:58 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: tpapablo We're saved! Thank the Lord. Kind of pointless though. Walking around in stores is not a significant means of transmission, according to the science. Must have been all the progs whining.
Not intended to protect you as a customer.
Who is it supposed to protect? Prog sensibilities?

I :heart; Q
 07/07/2020 01:10 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: fishkller

YOU CAN HAVE MY FACE WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY F.. oh wait..

07/07/2020 01:40 PM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

I dont have a problem wearing a mask. I have my opinion on it's effectiveness for the person wearing it and everyone else around, but regardless of that I dont mind wearing it because its what most people feel the right thing to do is. I can tell you this - these fossils that have been sitting on the SB city council for decades gotta go. I have not voted for any R or D in atleast 20 years so it has nothing to do with that for me. I can tell you I will be showing up and voting for whoever is running against these clowns regardless of party. I would be up for getting out of touch, career govt, zero pragmatism Barker out of there too after a number of bunglings I have witnessed and had communications with first hand.

We have 1 grocery. Oh ok, as if some people dont split up and go to the Eau Gallie Publix/Walmart. As if every community no matter how large or small doesn't generally go to the same grocery store week to week. Completely irrelevant point trying to justify their over intrusion.

There's 2 cops on duty any given time in SB - you going to send them from store to store around town? Idiots. Dont make more laws you cant enforce like you already did trying to close the beach when the county left it open back in March.

These people have wasted money and focused on Hightower (debacle), a big water pond that no one does SHIT with that used to be a GD football field that FAMILES enjoyed (horrible allocation of money and detrimental to the family community). First ones to close the beach, put signs up "dont congregate on the crosswalks" - GREAT use of money, now no one stands on the crosswalk for even a second because of your new signs. Pat yourselves on the back.

These people want gov't intrusion every step of the way. Now I know why Brimer, Dom, Catino and the like were RUN OUT of the office when Crotty was however many years ago that was. YOUR TIME IS NEXT.........AGAIN. Bunch of out of touch, gov't meddling, fossil, unpractical, think they know better than everyone else imbeciles.

Edited: 07/07/2020 at 01:41 PM by sfds
 07/07/2020 01:43 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service!
 07/07/2020 01:49 PM

RustyTruck

I'm going to put you (sfds) down as "opposed".

Edited: 07/07/2020 at 01:49 PM by RustyTruck
 07/07/2020 06:45 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

This is just a big misunderstanding.. we only need a quick call from Mims Matlock, to let them know that actually: "it's over!"

and all this can "miraculously disappear" LOL

Edited: 07/07/2020 at 06:46 PM by fishkller
 07/07/2020 08:55 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Smart move by the Sat Beach people. I think Cocoa Beach has done the same.

The federal government is doing nothing. The state government is doing nothing. It's nice to see someone take a stand to help the businesses and their customers.

I was right.
 07/08/2020 03:17 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

We're saved! Thank the Lord.

Kind of pointless though. Walking around in stores is not a significant means of transmission, according to the science. Must have been all the progs whining.

Where'd you get your science - kmart, sears? or a maybe a coupe youtube vids?

why do you want to keep hurting the economy?

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 07/08/2020 03:19 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: sfds

I dont have a problem wearing a mask. I have my opinion on it's effectiveness for the person wearing it and everyone else around, but regardless of that I dont mind wearing it because its what most people feel the right thing to do is. I can tell you this - these fossils that have been sitting on the SB city council for decades gotta go. I have not voted for any R or D in atleast 20 years so it has nothing to do with that for me. I can tell you I will be showing up and voting for whoever is running against these clowns regardless of party. I would be up for getting out of touch, career govt, zero pragmatism Barker out of there too after a number of bunglings I have witnessed and had communications with first hand.

We have 1 grocery. Oh ok, as if some people dont split up and go to the Eau Gallie Publix/Walmart. As if every community no matter how large or small doesn't generally go to the same grocery store week to week. Completely irrelevant point trying to justify their over intrusion.

There's 2 cops on duty any given time in SB - you going to send them from store to store around town? Idiots. Dont make more laws you cant enforce like you already did trying to close the beach when the county left it open back in March.

These people have wasted money and focused on Hightower (debacle), a big water pond that no one does SHIT with that used to be a GD football field that FAMILES enjoyed (horrible allocation of money and detrimental to the family community). First ones to close the beach, put signs up "dont congregate on the crosswalks" - GREAT use of money, now no one stands on the crosswalk for even a second because of your new signs. Pat yourselves on the back.

These people want gov't intrusion every step of the way. Now I know why Brimer, Dom, Catino and the like were RUN OUT of the office when Crotty was however many years ago that was. YOUR TIME IS NEXT.........AGAIN. Bunch of out of touch, gov't meddling, fossil, unpractical, think they know better than everyone else imbeciles.

'Overintrusion' - LMFAO

The things dotards get mad about is baffling...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 07/08/2020 04:03 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

"I have my opinion on it's effectiveness for the person wearing it"

LOL They still don't understand why we should wear masks.
 07/08/2020 11:00 AM

sfds

Joined Forum: 06/25/2007

you guys on this board are a bunch of laughable myopic thinking clowns (yea I know and here I am occasionally dropping in to read . I wouldnt vote for either of the nitwits running for president. All you know how to do is immediately categorize people into 2 camps and fall into one of them yourself which just continues to divide this country.

Here is the fact of the matter - first, you cropped off my full sentence to fit what you wanted it to sound like I said. Show me some science, a controlled experiment, that provides evidence that wearing a mask when your asymptomatic positive slows down the spread of covid to surrounding people. Send a link, show it to me. You cant. Because there isnt one. This would require studying a group of people who have been exposed to someone with covid that wears a mask/doesnt wear a mask and controlling their exposure in the same manner and then seeing who gets it and who doesnt while you hold them in quarantine. And remember, we're not talking about people walking around who are hacking coughing, have a fever, sneezing. We're talking asymptomatic people. MORONS. Its all feel good emotional, it cant hurt conjecture. Like I said, I wear mine because majority of people are really adamant about it, I respect that and its easy to do and yes it certainly "cant hurt". But do WE want more unenforceable laws? Everyone's answer should be NO.

The people that run this town kneejerk and makes rules if 5 people complain about something. How many quotes do you need to read from founding fathers about people willing to trade liberty for "security"? Everyone should fear this slippery slope we've seen come to fruition with government restrictions at the drop of a hat. If you don't, you are a simple minded FOOL plain and simple . A true sheep! Make all the jokes you want and categorize, but when 4 people (council) can pass a rule at the snap of a finger that makes it illegal for my son and I to stand on a dune cross over and look at the ocean together, and can legally be cited with a fine, that is scary. You can say "oh that is not what they mean, they wont do that, that is not what it is intended for"; whatever you want. That is letter of the law the rule they have passed, yet 5000 people can congregate 20 feet away. Among numerous others. These are private businesses that can make masks mandatory if they choose. Not to mention all the other major Satellite issues (A1A crossovers, speed limit, Hightower, Desoto). But that is too deep of thinking for most of you headline spouters and most prob dont live here or have a clue if you do. So keep up with your little 15 year old Dem vs Rep ways of thinking that mommy and daddy taught you. Maybe one day you will wake up and think for yourself and see what is really going on while you're cheerleading for your little jackass vs elephant.
 07/08/2020 11:09 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
I can't believe it takes an emergency ordinance to make people do the right thing.

Are you really though?

Between the South Patrick FB group and the Nextdoor site, I am convinced far too many people in the hood have been drinking their well water instead of Melbourne's. Well not that it is much better given the bacteria counts and bouts of brown water some of the people on the north side have had, heh. I am convinced that at least half my neighbors are morons.

07/08/2020 11:15 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service!

"PERFECT!"

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

07/08/2020 11:39 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: sfds

you guys on this board are a bunch of laughable myopic thinking clowns (yea I know and here I am occasionally dropping in to read . I wouldnt vote for either of the nitwits running for president. All you know how to do is immediately categorize people into 2 camps and fall into one of them yourself which just continues to divide this country.

Here is the fact of the matter - first, you cropped off my full sentence to fit what you wanted it to sound like I said. Show me some science, a controlled experiment, that provides evidence that wearing a mask when your asymptomatic positive slows down the spread of covid to surrounding people. Send a link, show it to me. You cant. Because there isnt one. This would require studying a group of people who have been exposed to someone with covid that wears a mask/doesnt wear a mask and controlling their exposure in the same manner and then seeing who gets it and who doesnt while you hold them in quarantine. And remember, we're not talking about people walking around who are hacking coughing, have a fever, sneezing. We're talking asymptomatic people. MORONS. Its all feel good emotional, it cant hurt conjecture. Like I said, I wear mine because majority of people are really adamant about it, I respect that and its easy to do and yes it certainly "cant hurt". But do WE want more unenforceable laws? Everyone's answer should be NO.

The people that run this town kneejerk and makes rules if 5 people complain about something. How many quotes do you need to read from founding fathers about people willing to trade liberty for "security"? Everyone should fear this slippery slope we've seen come to fruition with government restrictions at the drop of a hat. If you don't, you are a simple minded FOOL plain and simple . A true sheep! Make all the jokes you want and categorize, but when 4 people (council) can pass a rule at the snap of a finger that makes it illegal for my son and I to stand on a dune cross over and look at the ocean together, and can legally be cited with a fine, that is scary. You can say "oh that is not what they mean, they wont do that, that is not what it is intended for"; whatever you want. That is letter of the law the rule they have passed, yet 5000 people can congregate 20 feet away. Among numerous others. These are private businesses that can make masks mandatory if they choose. Not to mention all the other major Satellite issues (A1A crossovers, speed limit, Hightower, Desoto). But that is too deep of thinking for most of you headline spouters and most prob dont live here or have a clue if you do. So keep up with your little 15 year old Dem vs Rep ways of thinking that mommy and daddy taught you. Maybe one day you will wake up and think for yourself and see what is really going on while you're cheerleading for your little jackass vs elephant.

Dude - the gov't has been telling you what to do your whole life. Did you just realize this?

The gov't tells you:

- No drinking/driving
- Can only drive a certain speed
- Must wear seat belts
- Pay taxes or go to jail

etc...

That's just a couple quick examples. There's 1000's of pages of the gov't telling you what to do.

Experts say - 'wear a mask'. Go sneeze in a mirror without a mask, and then with a mask. You tell me which one is most likely to spread the virus. This is not rocket science.

Goldman Sachs says wearing a mask would save $1 TRILLION in GDP. So mask up, our economy is depending on you.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Mask up in Satty

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .