Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The U.S. Economy
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/03/2020 12:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/03/2020 12:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Covid may not have been a hoax. But, in the long term, it couldn't have been better for the economy.

In the name of protecting staff and customers Corporate America has cut services, closed branches, decreased staff and reduced staff roles in direct customer service, have workers working at home so less need for brick and mortar and consequently made customers do more online.

IMO Now these companies see customers are accepting these "inconveniences" and reduced services it will become the new normal as they say. Companies will come back leaner, more efficient and more profitable after this.

Unfortunately the workers will suffer somewhat in the short term but once the baby boomer glut retires the work force will probably be the right size for the reduced need.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Edited: 06/03/2020 at 12:59 PM by daner
 06/03/2020 12:58 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

It's all fun and game until the economy catches up with mom and pop's wallets.
 06/03/2020 12:58 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Covid may not have been a hoax. But it couldn't have been better for the economy.

I have read and posted on this here 2 L surf forum for as long as it has been around. I noticed the thread in the Surf page talking about the forum.

In all my years, in my opinion, your statement ranks as one of the most insipidly stupid, ignorant, posts I have read.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/03/2020 01:03 PM

daner

Originally posted by: jdbman

Covid may not have been a hoax. But it couldn't have been better for the economy.

I have read and posted on this here 2 L surf forum for as long as it has been around. I noticed the thread in the Surf page talking about the forum.

In all my years, in my opinion, your statement ranks as one of the most insipidly stupid, ignorant, posts I have read.

Well from someone who seems incapable looking at an opinion that may differ from theirs without nit picking statements with insults I'll take that as a complement.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/03/2020 01:25 PM

jdbman

You used to come off as a righteous surfer dude. Now you are a Trump dick sucker.
What happened? Just out of the closet?

DEFINITION
Trump Dick Sucker
Term used to describe rabid supporters of Donald J. Trump who disparage all of his perceived enemies with an unrivaled animosity unseen before 2016.

"The way Lyndsey went after Nancy proved he was the biggest Trump Dick Sucker (TDS) in the group."

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.

Edited: 06/03/2020 at 01:45 PM by jdbman
 06/03/2020 01:27 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

You forgot to include the words RESET OF. 0/5 daner, & sorry about your luck.
 06/03/2020 03:30 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Covid may not have been a hoax. But, in the long term, it couldn't have been better for the economy.

Six trillion in stimulus after a 40% cut to corporate income taxes, with 40 million unemployed and most of them on the low end of the pay spectrum, which means they are uninsured, under fed and have a good chance at losing the roof over their heads because the money went to giant corporations and not Mom and Pop business and the real working men and women?

A thinned down work force s a good thing? Are the desperate to work for pennies and shop at the company story like we are still in the 1880's?

Fuck that. We need to vote these assholes out.

I was right.
 06/03/2020 03:41 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: daner

Well from someone who seems incapable looking at an opinion that may differ from theirs without nit picking statements with insults I'll take that as a complement.

Your opinion is straight up stupid.
 06/03/2020 06:06 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

The optics on this post - not good. Over 100k people have died from this virus in a very short amount of time. A Columbia University study suggests the lack of inaction at the onset contributed to 36k deaths. And you want to somehow equate this to an 'economic benefit'? So yeah, if I were you, I wouldn't be surprised that this post was not received well.

In a country that claims to be '70% Christian' nobody acts like it. Just remember - the bible clearly says you cannot serve two masters. You either serve money or you serve God - but you cannot do both. Sounds like you have made your choice...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 06/03/2020 06:16 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Actually clicked through on a Candace Owen rant, wasn't half bad so I looked some more and came across her stuff on covid. Yikes. Anti vaccine, calls it scamdemic. How people discount 100k+ and counting Americans dying is beyond me.
 06/04/2020 06:04 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: daner Covid may not have been a hoax. But, in the long term, it couldn't have been better for the economy. In the name of protecting staff and customers Corporate America has cut services, closed branches, decreased staff and reduced staff roles in direct customer service, have workers working at home so less need for brick and mortar and consequently made customers do more online. IMO Now these companies see customers are accepting these "inconveniences" and reduced services it will become the new normal as they say. Companies will come back leaner, more efficient and more profitable after this. Unfortunately the workers will suffer somewhat in the short term but once the baby boomer glut retires the work force will probably be the right size for the reduced need.
SERIOUSLY?!? Unless you enjoy increasing the already existing large gaps between large corporations, and private owned businesses as well as the haves and have-nots. dude.....
 06/04/2020 06:48 AM

daner

Dudettes, where in my post did I say I thought this is a good. I'm pointing out how based on what I'm seeing big business will take advantage and come out more profitable as I fo say at the expense of their employees. You can disagree with my prediction but dont assume because of it I support any particular party or think it is a good thing. The blinders you people wear are blinding.

Edited: 06/04/2020 at 06:54 AM by daner
 06/04/2020 06:50 AM

daner

Twitter just announced their employees can work from home now forever. Why? It will save them a fortune in overhead.

06/04/2020 06:55 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Dudettes, where in my post did I say I thought this is a good. I'm pointing out how based on what I'm seeing big business will take advantage and come out more profitable as I fo say at the expense of their employees. You can disagree with my prediction but dont assume because of it I support any particular party or think it is a good thing. The blinders you people where is blinding.

There's a tendency around here that if you point out the likelihood of an uncomfortable outcome, you will be accused of advocating for it.

"based on what I'm seeing big business will take advantage and come out more profitable as I fo say at the expense of their employees. "

Of course it will, that's how the system works. The [capitalist] house always wins. But it's not sustainable. One of the biggest contradictions of the system is that it depends on people accepting and having some stake in the very system that every day erodes their foundation of material existence. Sooner or later people have nothing left to lose.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/04/2020 06:57 AM

Cole

Dudettes, where in my post did I say I thought this is a good. I'm pointing out how based on what I'm seeing big business will take advantage and come out more profitable as I fo say at the expense of their employees. You can disagree with my prediction but dont assume because of it I support any particular party or think it is a good thing. The blinders you people where is blinding.

Corporation had record profits and the gap in wages between worker and management was forever widening, but, and it's a big but, they also had record debt and needed an instant multi trillion dollar bailout when things got a little rough. My point is, their record profits did little for the average worker, so how is more profit with less staff going to help Joe Sixpack, especially when you have to factor in the additional trillions in federal debt? That debt will have to lead to some kind of cuts...and what do they cut? They cut the safety net right out from under Americans, that's what they cut.

I was right.
 06/04/2020 07:01 AM

johnnyboy

I saw your point Daner. They have used crisis as an opportunity to cut services, reduce overhead and reduce jobs and the virus gave them the transition to this new normal. I see it too.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/04/2020 07:05 AM

jdbman

Covid may not have been a hoax
dan

Dude, here is your out of the gate statement. Playing the victim never works. A card layed is a card played. Just come correct there fonzi.

Its easy. First with over 110000 US dead Covid is unequivably not a hoax. Just say: " I'm sorry if I may have been wrong."

Now days we have this thing called google. You know how you find stuff. Ever heard of GTS? Google the shit. Do some research, try to support your opinion.

Oh fuck it, note to self: no more trying to enlighten the TDS.

06/04/2020 07:08 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Corporation had record profits and the gap in wages between worker and management was forever widening, but, and it's a big but, they also had record debt and needed an instant multi trillion dollar bailout when things got a little rough. My point is, their record profits did little for the average worker, so how is more profit with less staff going to help Joe Sixpack, especially when you have to factor in the additional trillions in federal debt? That debt will have to lead to some kind of cuts...and what do they cut? They cut the safety net right out from under Americans, that's what they cut.

Austerity. It's a key component of neoliberalism. We see massive transfers of public money into private coffers, paid for by workers.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/04/2020 07:15 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I saw your point Daner. They have used crisis as an opportunity to cut services, reduce overhead and reduce jobs and the virus gave them the transition to this new normal. I see it too.

I thought that too. The more jobs than people and the higher wages it created has been Covid19'd. Any work for any pay will be the new normal. This will deflate wages, which will deflate consumer spending and the lack of consumer spending will deflate the economy.

I was right.
 06/04/2020 07:15 AM

daner

Here is another example. In our local Publix they have now installed self check out. Under the pretense that it will allow you to avoid contact with a person. But really how much does it help to avoid checking out by a person who is behind a plexiglass shield wearing a mask. Very little imo opinion. But it will save Publix money from a staffing point of view. Who loses, the emiloyees.

Now you have to go one way in all their aisles again to avoid contact with people. but it means you have go down aisles you don't want to or continue down ones you might normally turn around and go back to save time. So you spend more time seeing more product and they hope buy more.

If you look closely Publix is also offering far less in weekly sales too.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The U.S. Economy

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .