Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "Dr." Oz talks with Hannity
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/17/2020 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2020 06:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Dr. Oz Suggests Schools Should Reopen Because 'Only' 2% To 3% More People Could Die

That's one way to cull the herd...

What's that oath you took? The hypocritical oath?

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/17/2020 06:33 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Confirmation in. Dr. Oz's multiple plastic surgeries, poop fixation, and throng of anti-vaccer fans have made him into a mindless money grubbing robot perfect for appearances on faux.
 04/17/2020 06:59 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I think every business should reopen with the exception of schools, film making and pot stores.

I :heart; Q
 04/17/2020 07:08 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I think every business should reopen with the exception of schools, film making and pot stores.

You really don't want to go back to clown school, huh?
 04/17/2020 07:57 AM

johnnyboy

That vague 2 to 3 percent of deaths for his manufactured impatience with a stalled economy might actually change once someone he loves dies needlessly. His Hippocratic oath has been replaced with his hypocritical oath.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/17/2020 08:01 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Pot stores to remain closed?...you bastard!

Edited: 04/17/2020 at 08:02 AM by theglide
 04/17/2020 08:40 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

open it all up and let natural selection run its course. there will be far tpaps and fks left in the world
 04/17/2020 12:13 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Damn right, we need to repeal any law that forces insurance to cover pre-existing conditions, repeal the tax subsidy for employer provided insurance (employer provided insurance should be taxed like any other compensation), and most of all repeal EMTALA. If you can't afford health care and you can't buy insurance because you are uninsurable with your pre-existing conditions then tough shit. Give them the free market that they want.

04/17/2020 12:19 PM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: scombrid Damn right, we need to repeal any law that forces insurance to cover pre-existing conditions, repeal the tax subsidy for employer provided insurance (employer provided insurance should be taxed like any other compensation), and most of all repeal EMTALA. If you can't afford health care and you can't buy insurance because you are uninsurable with your pre-existing conditions then tough shit. Give them the free market that they want.
Interesting....so why was health care more affordable, before "insurance" came along? Was it the free market that drove up the costs?

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

04/17/2020 07:29 PM

scombrid

There is a good chapter about it in Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom. The tax subsidy for employer provided insurance was the big market distorter that started us down this road to massive inflation. Next on the market distorting list is that the big "insurance" schemes aren't insurance. They are prepaid health care with a bloated middle man. The consumer isn't directly involoved in transactions. Free market would absolutely make the lowest cost for health care as long as all controls are taken off.

04/17/2020 07:35 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: scombrid

There is a good chapter about it in Friedman's Capitalism and Freedom. The tax subsidy for employer provided insurance was the big market distorter that started us down this road to massive inflation. Next on the market distorting list is that the big "insurance" schemes aren't insurance. They are prepaid health care with a bloated middle man. The consumer isn't directly involoved in transactions. Free market would absolutely make the lowest cost for health care as long as all controls are taken off.

No, public healthcare with no profit motive would be the lowest cost. There's ample evidence.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/18/2020 03:21 AM

scombrid

One thing that is needed for a free market to work efficiently is that all transactions need to be fully voluntary between completely informed and consenting parties. That does tend to break down when you need truly time-critical life saving care. That asymmetry between producer and consumer can itself lead to price inflation. Then of course it ends up needing regulation to stop the formation of monopolies, especially in smaller markets. But pay-as-you-go care with insurance just purchased to cover big stuff would bring cost down a lot. It would just be unpleasant for some folks. I would make out well in the short run. That wouldnt be the case for a 30 year old type-I diabetic or if I was 20 years older. If the Trump crowd wants that then we should give it a whirl.

04/18/2020 10:06 AM

Cole

We all know the risking of American lives is all about keeping Trump in office.

I was right.
 04/18/2020 11:55 AM

scombrid

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi%3Farticle%3D1086%26context%3Dppr&ved=2ahUKEwjo_4-A0_LoAhUMJt8KHdwUBewQFjAPegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3yCU5y2GsYePUhLoya_-xf

04/18/2020 12:35 PM

Cole

http://digitalcommons.pepperdi...ticle=1086&context=ppr

Warning to all Trump fans, the above requires reading.

I was right.

Edited: 04/18/2020 at 12:36 PM by Cole
 04/18/2020 12:43 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: OBX
Originally posted by: scombrid Damn right, we need to repeal any law that forces insurance to cover pre-existing conditions, repeal the tax subsidy for employer provided insurance (employer provided insurance should be taxed like any other compensation), and most of all repeal EMTALA. If you can't afford health care and you can't buy insurance because you are uninsurable with your pre-existing conditions then tough shit. Give them the free market that they want.
Interesting....so why was health care more affordable, before "insurance" came along? Was it the free market that drove up the costs?
When was the time "before insurance"?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 04/22/2020 03:31 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Cole http://digitalcommons.pepperdi...ticle=1086&context=ppr Warning to all Trump fans, the above requires reading.
Thanks for fixing.

04/22/2020 06:01 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: all3

Originally posted by: OBX

Originally posted by: scombrid

Damn right, we need to repeal any law that forces insurance to cover pre-existing conditions, repeal the tax subsidy for employer provided insurance (employer provided insurance should be taxed like any other compensation), and most of all repeal EMTALA. If you can't afford health care and you can't buy insurance because you are uninsurable with your pre-existing conditions then tough shit. Give them the free market that they want.

When was the time "before insurance"?

I'd like to know this too?

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .