Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I guess this is how the game is played now...
Topic Summary: I feel terrible for real victims
Created On: 04/14/2020 05:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/14/2020 05:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Former Senate staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault

WASHINGTON -
A former aide to Joe Biden is accusing the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee of sexually assaulting her during the early 1990s when he was a senator. Biden's campaign denies the charges.

In two recent interviews with The Associated Press, Tara Reade alleged the assault occurred in the basement of a Capitol Hill office building in the spring of 1993. She filed a police report in Washington on Thursday saying she was the victim of a sexual assault by an unnamed person in 1993, a copy of which was obtained by the AP.

It's not the first time Reade has made an accusation against the former vice president. Last year, Reade publicly accused Biden of inappropriate touching, but did not allege sexual assault.

In a statement, Biden deputy campaign manager and communications director Kate Bedingfield said the former vice president has "dedicated his public life to changing the culture and the laws around violence against women," pointing to his work passing the Violence Against Women Act. She said "he firmly believes that women have a right to be heard - and heard respectfully," but added: "Such claims should also be diligently reviewed by an independent press."

WESH

I predict it will be the exact same arguments made by the exact opposite sides this time. Nothing will be gained, more attention will be taken from real issues and real victims and our system will look even more like the joke it is becoming.

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 04/14/2020 at 05:53 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 04/14/2020 06:17 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's a shame they don't file police reports when it happens, and if they did, why did the police do nothing at the time?

I was right.
 04/14/2020 06:40 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

There's a mountain of literature on the subject.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/14/2020 06:43 AM

Cole

But why does nothing happen, when it happens?

I was right.

Edited: 04/14/2020 at 06:48 AM by Cole
 04/14/2020 06:44 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Don't know about anyone else but I am going to make the exact opposite argument. If they are going to play that way with us, so shall i with them.

I :heart; Q
 04/14/2020 06:44 AM

johnnyboy

This is what happen when the septuagenarians clash. It's pathetic that one doddering blow hard is either going to win or be replaced by another doddering old blow hard. But to be fair to Biden, this woman never sued him and never hired an attorney. Trumps legion of accusers demonstrate a volume and range that makes Biden's accuser the exception while trump's accusers look like the rule, not the exception.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/14/2020 07:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Anyone who took Ford seriously has to take Reade seriously. When I brought this up some of you guys dismissed it out of hand.
It's not going away.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/14/2020 08:02 AM

Greensleeves

"Anyone who took Ford seriously has to take Reade seriously. "

Ford and Reade have entirely differing stories and are entirely differing people. Ford never sought the limelight and is a professor doing research for Stanford, Reade is an actress and actors/actresses do seek the limelight.

Her story and viewpoints have changed. Lots of story changes, hate then praise for Vlad...

Why did Reade come forward now after working on the Sanders campaign but did not come forward when Joe was selected and elected VP?

Edited: 04/14/2020 at 08:04 AM by Greensleeves
 04/14/2020 08:04 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Let me know when the number of accusers starts to reach trumps number, then maybe i'll care. you dotards have been falling all over yourselves, making yourselves look like fools in defending behaviors like this, you already created the counter argument - hate the sin not the sinner

you reap what you sow - next few years are going to be so fun! i'll never let you dotards forget what fools you are.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/14/2020 08:19 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: wtf Let me know when the number of accusers starts to reach trumps number, then maybe i'll care. you dotards have been falling all over yourselves, making yourselves look like fools in defending behaviors like this, you already created the counter argument - hate the sin not the sinner you reap what you sow - next few years are going to be so fun! i'll never let you dotards forget what fools you are.
Good for you, dotard man. We'll look forward to all of those reminders.

I :heart; Q
 04/14/2020 08:22 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Anyone who took Ford seriously has to take Reade seriously. When I brought this up some of you guys dismissed it out of hand.

It's not going away.

Yep.

Anybody want to take betting odds on how differently it gets handled?

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 04/14/2020 08:39 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Unfortunately, the dotards on the right have already written the playbook on this. Although I doubt the left will stoop so low as to act like the dotards at the
Kavanaugh hearing- that was too lowclass. But perhaps someone should start practicing a Lindsey Graham style faux-outrage meltdown for the cameras just in case? Ehh, scratch that, it's just too much of a sellout.

Looks like the Trumpanzee fools will have to lie in the bed they've made yet again.

Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzzz.. Braaaaaapp!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .