Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Oh, sure, sure, , , , let's open things back up and get back to work, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/07/2020 07:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/07/2020 07:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

China's new coronavirus cases double as imported infections surge
ReutersApril 7, 2020, 8:30 PM EDT

BEIJING (Reuters) - Mainland China's new coronavirus cases doubled in 24 hours as the number of infected overseas travellers surged, and new asymptomatic infections more than quadrupled, pressuring authorities to tighten measures to stem local transmissions.

New confirmed cases rose to 62 on Tuesday from 32 a day earlier, the National Health Commission said, the highest since March 25. New imported infections accounted for 59 of the cases.

The number of new asymptomatic cases more than quadrupled to 137, the health authority said on Wednesday, with incoming travellers accounting for 102.

Chinese authorities do not count asymptomatic cases as part of its tally of confirmed coronavirus infections until patients show symptoms such as a fever or a cough.

To stem infections from outside its borders, China has slashed the number of international flights and denied entry to virtually all foreigners.

The government has recently tightened screening of travellers arriving overland.

China also maintains strict health screening protocols domestically, concerned about any resurgence in domestic transmissions, especially among virus carriers who exhibit no symptoms.

The rise in new cases came as curbs on the central city of Wuhan, in lockdown since January, were lifted. The capital of Hubei province saw just two new confirmed infections in the past 15 days.

China sealed off the city of 11 million people to stop the spread of the flu-like virus to other parts of the country. Over 50,000 people in Wuhan caught the virus, and more than 2,500 of them died, according to official figures.

As of Tuesday, the total number of confirmed cases in mainland China stood at 81,802, including 3,333 fatalities, the National Health Commission said.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 04/07/2020 07:45 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Something Smells
In Foreign Policy, Front Page, Healthcare
World News by Allen West
April 7, 2020
I am not concerning myself with spats between Peter Navarro and Dr. Anthony Fauci, or the insidious back and forth regarding the relief of command for the Commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Instead, I have been pouring over many articles and research on the origin of the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus. I have taken it upon myself to collate some thoughts and perspectives I have read and combined them with my own.

It cannot be debated, we have been hit with a massive biological agent. The question is not whether there was intent, but rather the level of intent. Sure, there are such things as coincidences, but in this specific case, nah. The indicators, trends, and warnings all lead to a simple, and reasonable, deduction.

Wuhan to Shanghai = 839 km
Wuhan to Beijing = 1,152 km
Wuhan to Milan = 8,684 km
Wuhan to NY = 12,033 km

The coronavirus started in Wuhan, yet there has been no major effect of Chinese coronavirus in nearby Beijing or Shanghai. Yet, there have been many deaths in Italy, Iran, European countries, and America. All business areas of China are now safe, so declared by the Communist Chinese government.

America is not just blaming China without a reason. The virology lab that does research on bats that carry the coronavirus is in Wuhan. The Chinese Army's biological research lab is in Wuhan. The university that is connected to the Harvard University biology and chemistry professor who was arrested in January is the Wuhan University of Technology. As for the two doctors who treated the first cases of the Wuhan coronavirus, one is dead, the other is missing.

Even today, India is locked down, yet all the cities of China are open. China has also announced the opening of Wuhan beginning April 8th. Not a single leader in China has tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.

The virus has ruined many economies around the world. Many have had to close their borders in an attempt to contain and control the spread of the coronavirus. Thousands have lost their lives, millions have been exposed to this pestilence, countless people have been locked in their homes, and many countries have placed their citizens on lockdown.

The coronavirus originated in the city of Wuhan in China. We are told its origin is out of a wet market. Yet, these same wet markets remain open. Did someone release one of the lab bats into the local wet market? The Wuhan coronavirus has now reached every corner of the world, but the virus did not have deadly consequences in China's capital of Beijing nor China's economic capital of Shanghai, located in close proximity to Wuhan itself.

Or maybe it has and we just do not know about it?

Today, Paris is closed. New York is closed. Berlin is closed. Delhi is closed. Mumbai is closed. Tokyo is closed. Many of the world's major economic and political centers are closed, but Beijing and Shanghai are open. No major Wuhan coronavirus effect is seen in either cities, or so we have been told. There were only a few cases reported, and from those reports, it would seem the virus had no detrimental effect on Beijing and Shanghai.

Beijing is the city where all the leaders of China live, including their military leaders. There is no lockdown in Beijing. Shanghai is the city that runs China's economy. It is the economic capital of China, where all the rich people of China live and run major industries. There is no lockdown here, there is no major, visible, effect of the Wuhan coronavirus there. Beijing and Shanghai are the areas adjoining Wuhan. The virus from Wuhan reached every corner of the world, but, it appears, has not had major ramifications on Beijing and Shanghai?

Another interesting point of order is that the worldwide share market has fallen by almost half. In India, the Nifty has gone from 12,000 to 7,000, but the share market in China was at 3,000 and just merely dropped to 2,700.

This is why there are those who speculate that the Wuhan coronavirus is a biochemical weapon of China, which China used to carry out destruction in the world in order to gain economic, and potentially military, supremacy.

According to the ChiComs, China has now put this virus under control, maybe they also have the antidote/vaccine that they are not sharing with the world, or even will do when it is in their best interest to do so. We do know that China threatened to cut off medical supplies that are produced in China to the United States. If there is any valid reason to cut off our supply chains from China, and bring them home for production and manufacturing, that is a primary one.

China is not our ally, they are our geopolitical foe. #COVID19 #coronavirus #Wuhan #ChinaCLICK TO TWEET
China is not our ally, they are our geopolitical foe.

Hollywood stars, Australia's Home Minister, Britain's Prime Minister and Health Minister, Spain's Prime Minister's wife, Canada's Prime Minister's wife, and Britain's Prince Charles, among others, have contracted the Wuhan coronavirus. However, not a single political or military leader in China has been reported as testing positive for the Wuhan Chinese coronavirus.

China has refused to allow our Center for Disease Control (CDC) experts to investigate the origins of this pandemic. China has expelled foreign journalists. China has enacted a propaganda campaign to blame the United States military. China has sold their own Wuhan coronavirus test kits and masks to several countries, such as Spain, the Netherlands, and the Czech Republic. They were found to be defective.

The close associations between the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) and China have been well established. Just recently, the United Nations gave China a seat on the Human Rights Commission. We all know that China has a permanent seat on the United Nations Security Council.

Mr. President, China's dictator Xi Jinping is not your friend, and you do not have a "great relationship" with Xi. China is, without a doubt, a murderous tyrannical communist regime that is running concentration camps for the Uighurs in western China. They are a repressive communist regime that cares little about their own people. We have seen their brutality evidenced in Hong Kong. We know that their goal and objective is global dominance and supremacy. One only needs to read their "One Belt, One Road" national strategy to ascertain that. This past Sunday, I watched the James Bond movie "Spectre," the symbol of that organization was an octopus.

Ladies and gents across the world, we are watching a real diabolical octopus with its tentacles spreading out all over the world. China is a dark specter. China has committed crimes against humanity on a global scale. Instead of our pointing fingers at each other about national response times, let us point our gathered, collective, finger at the one that has caused the deaths of our brothers and sisters - and the decimation of our respective economies - that is China.

Yes, something smells about this whole thing, and that stench comes from one place: China.

Read more https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/coronavirus-something-stinks/

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/08/2020 03:08 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

you 2 are also perfect for each other. kay rona. bringing folks together. Cute.
 04/08/2020 04:05 AM

dingpatch

Well, sadly for most of us, , , , , none of this will be "over" unless and until there is a vaccine.. Lock downs may be strengthened and otherwise expanded until the end of May.

Dora Hates You
 04/08/2020 04:17 AM

dingpatch

A recent study, published in the British Medical Journal, suggested that 78% of people with COVID-19 have no symptoms.

The findings are in line with research from an Italian village at the epicentre of the outbreak showing that 50%-75% were asymptomatic, but represented "a formidable source" of contagion. A recent Icelandic study also showed that around 50% of those who tested positive to COVID-19 in a large-scale testing exercise were asymptomatic.

Dora Hates You
 04/08/2020 05:40 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch

A recent study, published in the British Medical Journal, suggested that 78% of people with COVID-19 have no symptoms.

The findings are in line with research from an Italian village at the epicentre of the outbreak showing that 50%-75% were asymptomatic, but represented "a formidable source" of contagion. A recent Icelandic study also showed that around 50% of those who tested positive to COVID-19 in a large-scale testing exercise were asymptomatic.

That is why it is so dangerous and that is why we are taking the steps we are taking. I have no desire to see Ding beat cancer just to be put down by a needless virus.

I was right.
 04/08/2020 08:17 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Epidemiologists are saying that there is a very good chance that close to half the country has already had this thing. Now that we have the antibody test and can test to see who may have already had the virus, it seems like we should figure out who those people are and get them back to work. If I knew I had already had this and I couldn't go back to work, I would ask what I could do to help out in high-risk areas.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 04/08/2020 08:38 AM

Sniper

If we can all shelter in place for a month to see if we can starve the virus then it's worth a shot. If we get a month or two down the road and things aren't any better then I don't think people will be able to afford to keep doing this. At that point, we are going to have to take a look at how we can safely get as many people back to work as possible. 73% of the people hospitalized have had pre-existing conditions and over 80% of the deaths have been from people who are over 70 years old. 98% of those who test positive for Coronavirus survive. This isn't ebola or leprosy. I don't think we can murder our economy for a virus like this one.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

04/08/2020 08:42 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

If we can all shelter in place for a month to see if we can starve the virus then it's worth a shot. If we get a month or two down the road and things aren't any better then I don't think people will be able to afford to keep doing this. At that point, we are going to have to take a look at how we can safely get as many people back to work as possible. 73% of the people hospitalized have had pre-existing conditions and over 80% of the deaths have been from people who are over 70 years old. 98% of those who test positive for Coronavirus survive. This isn't ebola or leprosy. I don't think we can murder our economy for a virus like this one.

Your basically saying murder people for money.
 04/08/2020 08:54 AM

Sniper

If I'm old and/or have a pre-existing condition, then I'm isolating myself until we have a vaccine. I'm not isolating myself and my family until January for something that I have a 98% chance of being fine IF I even contract it.

04/08/2020 09:01 AM

HAPDigital

If I'm old and/or have a pre-existing condition, then I'm isolating myself until we have a vaccine. I'm not isolating myself and my family until January for something that I have a 98% chance of being fine IF I even contract it.

You have absolutely no clue how the isolation works. You have no clue how this virus kills. It's not just old people. It's not just pre existing conditions. 39% of our country has co-morbidity. It just doesn't go away if old and sick people stay isolated. Then what? You will refuse to support policy supporting those isolating financially?
 04/08/2020 09:11 AM

Sniper

Sure...

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

04/08/2020 09:15 AM

HAPDigital

Sure...

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm

You fail to understand 3% of china's population is morbidly obese. We have a 39% of morbidly obese people. This increases hypertension percentages too.

This link is also just the first preliminary description of outcomes among covid patients. It also an almost 2 weeks old report. It is old data.

Sniper, you're not a doctor. You have no clue what you are talking about.
 04/08/2020 09:17 AM

Sniper

Who hurt you? I'm half joking and half not. Most happy, well adjusted, people can have a conversation without lashing out constantly and I'm not sure anyone would argue that spending 8 hours a day lashing out at people is healthy for anyone. Usually, people don't behave like that unless someone has been extremely shitty to them somewhere along the way. I'm sorry you had to deal with whatever that was and I hope you find peace.

Edited: 04/08/2020 at 09:22 AM by Sniper
 04/08/2020 09:26 AM

HAPDigital

Who hurt you? I'm half joking and half not. Most happy, well adjusted, people can have a conversation without lashing out constantly and I'm not sure anyone would argue that spending 8 hours a day lashing out at people is healthy for anyone. Usually, people don't behave like that unless someone has been extremely shitty to them somewhere along the way. I'm sorry you had to deal with whatever that was and I hope you find peace.

Lashing out? For lashing out see FK, Tpap, and Cheater's posts. I just don't deal with people spreading ignorance well, sorry.

I'm glad you felt the need to display your psychiatry skills Dr. Sniper. It really helps back your ignorant statements.
 04/08/2020 09:38 AM

Sniper

So, it is your goal to be viewed as being just as extreme if not more so than people you claim to hate?

I'm honestly curious as to whether or not you behave outside of online communities or if this is just what anonymity does to otherwise well-adjusted people. You don't come across as someone who is happy or someone who is fun to be around.

04/08/2020 09:46 AM

HAPDigital

So, it is your goal to be viewed as being just as extreme if not more so than people you claim to hate?

I'm honestly curious as to whether or not you behave outside of online communities or if this is just what anonymity does to otherwise well-adjusted people. You don't come across as someone who is happy or someone who is fun to be around.

Snipes, keep in mind most of the people that counter your statements here say that you are malinformed, speculating, making things up and just believe overall bad info. We've proven it many occasions too. You ignore it.

You're psychology hunch proves that case even more. You just make up crappy unfounded statements like this constantly.

And to answer your question, yes, I behave this way to people that use homophobic slurs, call you liars, morons, fools, slander, etc or perpetuate ignorant and false debunked info. Looking back at our posts here though, not seeing any lashing out on my part. I think you are just a sensitive guy. Post accurate info, I won't call you out. Sorry it hurts your feelings.
 04/08/2020 09:53 AM

Sniper

You don't have to wait for a cure to racism and homophobia to stop being an angry dickhead. Think about it. What you do on a daily basis isn't good for anyone's health.

04/08/2020 10:04 AM

HAPDigital

You don't have to wait for a cure to racism and homophobia to stop being an angry dickhead. Think about it. What you do on a daily basis isn't good for anyone's health.

Hmmm why this sudden interest in 'anger' with me? So your OK with FK's, cheaters, tpaps, and crankits angry racist and slanderous statements? Or you just realized your arguments are bad and needed to make something up to feel better about yourself? Like usual... Just like the rest of your guys winging it.

I looked back at our interaction here again, nothing angry about my statements towards you at all. No lashing out either.
 04/08/2020 10:09 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper 98% of those who test positive for Coronavirus survive.
That's well more dangerous than a cold or the flu.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .