Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "I HOPE that Hydroxychloroquine Wins"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/05/2020 07:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/08/2020 06:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

There have been a couple of "pot is a miracle" people here. They aren't the people pabs is arguing with about this issue though.

-------------------------

04/08/2020 06:59 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: RegularJoe Of course, we wouldn't have those studies running now if some whacko hadn't first thought to step outside the box and give it a try.
I didn't realize that it wasn't so whacko until I started digging in the real literature away from the blogs and the hype machine. There are a fair amount of data about hydroxychloroquine and the previous SARS coronavirus. One thing seems certain, folks like my Dad probably can't go anywhere near the stuff because of cardiac issues.

04/08/2020 07:00 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo Haha. Trying to change the subject now. They were advocating against a life saving treatment solely because Trump was pushing it. What scum. PS. You find your own pot links, you lazy bastards. That's not my job.
You brought up the pot pabby. You pulled the de-rail because you didn't like the direction the RegularJoe and Cole had taken the thread.

04/08/2020 07:40 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Haha. Trying to change the subject now. They were advocating against a life saving treatment solely because Trump was pushing it. What scum.

PS. You find your own pot links, you lazy bastards. That's not my job.

LOL you can't because there are none. You're just making crap up. Clown business as usual.
 04/08/2020 03:12 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

this thread will be bigger than trump goin down, happy fudge will be in despair
 04/09/2020 06:21 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo this thread will be bigger than trump goin down, happy fudge will be in despair
Nah, I and events put this thread to rest. Showed progs for the idiots they are, again. They will move on to new stupidity and I will move on to highlighting that stupidity.

I :heart; Q
 04/09/2020 06:26 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If by events you mean increasing death rate, then sure. lol

Pattycakes in full effect.

I was right.
 04/09/2020 08:16 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Took my dose of "Quinn" today, feeling strong and invinceable, you?
 04/09/2020 09:50 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Of course, we wouldn't have those studies running now if some whacko hadn't first thought to step outside the box and give it a try.

I didn't realize that it wasn't so whacko until I started digging in the real literature away from the blogs and the hype machine. There are a fair amount of data about hydroxychloroquine and the previous SARS coronavirus. One thing seems certain, folks like my Dad probably can't go anywhere near the stuff because of cardiac issues.

I've had two surgeries for my own arrythmias, and am currently on (but tapering off) one of the meds that's totally contraindicated with 'quin and Zpack, so I'm following this as closely as time allows.

Recent 'anecdotes' include success with plasma/antibodies donated from people who have recovered, a growing suspicion that ventilators are not the right answer for all critical patients (and a very wrong answer for some), and IV administration of certain vitamins and minerals.

As doctors learn COVID-19 is not behaving like traditional pneumonia/flu infections and ARDS, and as they also face depleted supplies, they're resorting to MASH-style meatball-medicine and hoping something good sticks.

The best they can do in the present is "disseminate" (i.e. publish w/o controls or peer review) what worked and didn't work for them. Although inconsistent controls will have a detrimental impact on statistical validity, the averaging process from larger numbers of independent, anecdotal results will filter some of that out. I assume that evolving process provided some guidance into the 4 therapies the WHO recommended for further study.

Sadly, there was a lot of inconsistent or just-plain-wrong information (particularly about transmission and infectious periods) leading to incorrect guidance from the medical community. Many of those who practice in the field of medicine were making assumptions based on common sense, training, and experience with similar diseases, that were not quite right for COVID-19.

Mixed and rapidly outdated information is still circulating. Our best bet is still to listen to scientists, but lean toward the most cautious side of their recommendations, since the science on this isn't yet mature enough to speak accurately about much of it. Hindsight will be 20/20, and hopefully provide guidance for similar-but-different issues (medical, economic, and social) in the future.
 04/09/2020 10:02 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: HAPDigital No scientific evidence that this drug works at all. Tests actually show the opposite. However, Trump is up on his podium pushing it like a crack dealer, whispering and all. What's up with that? Then he goes on to say to use a Z-Pak. He has no clue and he is giving medical advice. Dangerous.... Check this out. He's asked about ventilators and he says "whistleblowers" instead of ventilators. He's so consumed about anything but the coronvirus. All he cares about is himself. It's crazy. More nonsense, saying everything is "flawless" while berating a journalist.
TDS is on full display....let the seething hatred flow!!!!! Regarding hydroxychloroquine.... https://techstartups.com/2020/04/03/updates-from-dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-700-coronavirus-patients-with-99-9-success-rate-using-hydroxychloroquine-zinc-sulfate-and-z-pak-1-outpatient-died-after-not-following-protocol-exclusi/ Its incredible the amount on energy is spent on snarking away everything the president says...without one ounce of critical thinking...keep on squawking!!!

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

04/09/2020 10:15 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: OBX
Its incredible the amount on energy is spent on snarking away everything the president says...without one ounce of critical thinking...keep on squawking!!!

It's also incredible (and sad) how much anecdotal evidence is accepted and passed off as science without critical thinking.

You have to accept that anecdotal evidence might be right, neutral/insignificant, or wrong.

As I mentioned above, as independent, anecdotal evidence accumulates, there will be some statistical reduction in "noise." Additionally, everything must be interpreted with some degree of confidence or skepticism.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I try to read and then validate claims made by both sides.

I'm a huge critic of CNN (since we don't watch Fox) whenever I hear them take something Trump said out of context, and then make an hour-long, unrebutted show (e.g., Don Lemon) bashing him over it. That's a pretty frequent occurrence here on NSR as well.

Edited: 04/09/2020 at 10:16 AM by RegularJoe
 04/09/2020 10:55 AM

Greensleeves

blOwBs! "without one ounce of critical thinking" oh boy. The critically thinking blowbs probably has his Easter outfit all pressed and ready to go back in public!
 04/09/2020 11:10 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: Greensleeves blOwBs! "without one ounce of critical thinking" oh boy. The critically thinking blowbs probably has his Easter outfit all pressed and ready to go back in public!
OH...good one, greenies!! fcking dork....

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

04/09/2020 11:25 AM

Greensleeves

Is it critical thinking to question the dope in chief's bigly exaggerations, name calling, and plain lies? Oh no that's not "critical thinking" to blowbs.

Hey is twtiler really cutting funding to the WHO mid pandemic?
Hey is the malaria stuff really the answer?
Hey is that really a horrid question from a nasty person.
Is Joe reallly sleepy? Yes the dumb a$$ in chief really called a political rival a name in a nationwide press conference.

Good luck marching in lockstep blowbs since the marching orders change daily. Good thing twitler's frendz and worshippers don't have to critically think. They might realize they are full of it like their master.

Edited: 04/09/2020 at 11:27 AM by Greensleeves
 04/09/2020 12:30 PM

Cole

Trump, the president of the United States and the most connected man on the planet had access to critical information that he downplayed, if not openly ignored. There is no excuse for what he did and if you think about it, he is still doing nothing. PPE supplies are being supplied by the private sector with no help from the White House, testing is still nonexistent across a large swath of the US, there is no national plan for anything and his medical advice is, "what do you have to lose by taking a drug that might work?"

I was right.
 05/22/2020 08:04 AM

Greensleeves

It appears that using it for COVID-19 makes you more likely to get a heart problem than to help you.

Summation: People using quinn to fight Covid are stupid.

Recent study on hydroxyclhoroquine

Edited: 05/22/2020 at 08:04 AM by Greensleeves
 05/22/2020 10:28 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole
There is no excuse for what he did and if you think about it,

I did think about it....

You're full of shit!

Fact!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 05/22/2020 10:33 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

It appears that using it for COVID-19 makes you more likely to get a heart problem than to help you.

Summation: People using quinn to fight Covid are stupid.

Recent study on hydroxyclhoroquine

Don't ya just love it when an ASSHOLE posts on a subject he knows NOTHING about and in his post he sites a study that does NOT include the main ingredient that was stated REQUIRED for the cocktail to work!

ZINC!

You are as STUPID as they get!

^These are PROVED facts.
 05/22/2020 10:37 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

No scientific evidence that this drug works at all. Tests actually show the opposite. However, Trump is up on his podium pushing it like a crack dealer, whispering and all. What's up with that? Then he goes on to say to use a Z-Pak. He has no clue and he is giving medical advice. Dangerous....

Yo...ASSHOLE.....

Where is the ZINC?

You know....THE REQUIRED ADDITION TO THE COCKTAIL....

Who ties your shoes in the morning?

It SURE isn't YOU!

^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : "I HOPE that Hydroxychloroquine Wins"

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .