Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Yes, racism is alive and well in the good ol' US of A!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2020 06:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2020 06:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Molson Coors Gunman Had Noose Placed On His Locker In 2015

The Molson Coors Brewery in Milwaukee where an employee fatally shot five co-workers and himself last week has reportedly long dealt with workplace racism, including a noose placed on the gunman's locker.

Olive Garden customer reportedly refused service from a 'colored' server and the manager complied

During the Saturday night dinner rush, a female customer seated with a black server reportedly requested a white server instead, a demand to which managers reportedly acquiesced.

"She told the person that was helping her that I'm disrespectful ... (that) I need to work at a strip club because I'm not family-friendly," said the 16 year old hostess.

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/05/2020 06:35 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I guess amerika is "great" again.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/05/2020 06:46 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

It sure is. Didn't take the dems long to boot all persons of color from the presidential race, did it? Now the are trying to foist two old white guys down your throat. Dems are now the party of old white guys. No people of color need apply.

I :heart; Q
 03/05/2020 06:59 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What's the sole black person Taylor Steele day about the pale male and stale GOP Tpap?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/05/2020 08:26 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hmmmm, , , , I did not really pay much attention to the beer shooting. News to me.

Otherwise, , , , one time Mrs. Dingpatch was in a "shared" room at Holmes Regional. Her roommate was an old, old, Florida Cracker. The first day I was there, a black nurse came in to "treat" the Cracker. The old bitch was not having any of it!! She screamed for someone to come and get the nigger out of the room!!! The nurse left and did not come back. BUT!

The staff at the nurse's station had a good retort for the Cracker lady! They sent in another, rather large, black nurse. The Cracker screamed that she was not going to be treated by any niggers. The nurse did not miss a beat and replied "Oh honey, I'm not a nigger, I'm Puerto Rican!! I laughed my ass off.

Oh and, , , , , the Cracker was very "disruptive" so they moved my wife to another room. A day-or-two later I asked one of the nurses about the Cracker, , , , it seems that her family was not too different from her and, as such, they were VERY UPSET that there weren't enough "white as Andy Warhol" staff or Doctors to tend to her needs!

Dora Hates You

Edited: 03/05/2020 at 03:21 PM by dingpatch
 03/05/2020 08:44 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

She should have just taken a dump on her bedridden head.

When America was "great"

Edited: 03/05/2020 at 08:44 AM by fishkller
 03/05/2020 09:09 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

So, you think this noose that he never saw has been eating at him since 2015?

"The noose was left on 51-year-old electrician Anthony Ferrill's locker in 2015. It was removed before Ferrill, who was Black, could see it, a company spokesperson confirmed to HuffPost, but he was notified about it."

The story about the Olive Garden incident requires you to assume quite a bit in order for it to be racist.

"During the Saturday night dinner rush, a female customer seated with a black server reportedly requested a white server instead, a demand to which managers reportedly acquiesced."

The story says she requested a white server but doesn't quote the person as requesting a "white server". For all we know this patron could be a regular, and instead of requesting a "white server", she requested a specific person who happened to be white. The story said that the patron complained about the black server's attitude and basically said she sucked at her job twice. How long do you think you would need to sit at a table in order to have a chance to speak to the manager twice? If someone is going to reject a server solely because they are racist, do you think they are going to do it at the beginning of their meal or when they are halfway through it? Everyone who wants this to be evidence of racism will assume it is. Also, an old person doesn't necessarily have to hate all black people in order to use the word "colored". Based on the information given in the story, it is equally as plausible that the black waitress sucked at her job, the white woman used the word "colored" in her complaint, and that everyone automatically assumed the patron hates all black people. Anyway, believe what you want. This one seems weak to me. If you don't want to deal with angry, old, white people then why the f did you get a job at Olive Garden to begin with.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 03/05/2020 09:13 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

so sniper.....are you trying to defend racism here or say that it doesn't exist?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/05/2020 09:28 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: all3

so sniper.....are you trying to defend racism here or say that it doesn't exist?

If a white kid in an inner-city school gets called a cracker or a honkey constantly and bullied and he ends up shooting a half-dozen people at the school, are you going to try to make excuses for him?

If there are details in the Olive Garden story that proves hate-fueled racism then the writer failed to include them and the timeline of the story doesn't make sense for what they are alleging happened.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

03/05/2020 11:07 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: all3 so sniper.....are you trying to defend racism here or say that it doesn't exist?
Hard to take seriously charges of racism coming from people who belong to a racist political party.

I :heart; Q
 03/05/2020 11:40 AM

Pagerow

I'd like to thank Sniper for proving the point of this thread.

Here's to you, buddy!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/05/2020 11:54 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Hard to take seriously charges of racism coming from people who belong to a racist political party.

Mims Matlock always keepin' it real!

When America was "great"

Edited: 03/05/2020 at 12:13 PM by fishkller
 03/05/2020 12:03 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Pagerow

Here's to you, buddy!

Thank you for acknowledging that All3's refusal to answer my question, regarding the white kid in the inner-city school scenario, clearly demonstrates that racism is alive and well! Cheers!

03/05/2020 12:12 PM

Pagerow

Originally posted by: Sniper

If a white kid in an inner-city school gets called a cracker or a honkey constantly and bullied and he ends up shooting a half-dozen people at the school, are you going to try to make excuses for him?

If there are details in the Olive Garden story that proves hate-fueled racism then the writer failed to include them and the timeline of the story doesn't make sense for what they are alleging happened.

I don't see where you answered all3's question, so congrats again for being a hypocrite!

Here's to you, buddy! [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Thank you for acknowledging that All3's refusal to answer my question, regarding the white kid in the inner-city school scenario, clearly demonstrates that racism is alive and well! Cheers!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/05/2020 12:14 PM

Sniper

I don't see where you answered all3's question, so congrats again for being a hypocrite!

Here's to you, buddy! [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

You go from patting me on the back to calling me a hypocrite? What's up with that? Bipolar much?

Edited: 03/05/2020 at 12:15 PM by Sniper
 03/05/2020 02:28 PM

Cole

You go from patting me on the back to calling me a hypocrite?

Um....

Never mind, if you can't see the irony, there is no way someone can explain it to you.

I was right.
 03/05/2020 05:36 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

still waiting for my answer first

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 03/06/2020 06:57 AM

Sniper

Of course, racism is still alive in the U.S. If you want me to believe it is rampant and ruining people's lives then I would probably argue that there has never been a better time to be a minority in the United States.

What happens when an interracial couple walks down the street holding hands today? Nobody cares.

03/06/2020 06:58 AM

Sniper

All3, now your turn?

03/06/2020 07:43 AM

Greensleeves

"I would probably argue that there has never been a better time to be a minority in the United States."

Hear that minorities? Especially if you are a transgender person, muslim, gay (I mean Mayor Pete didn't have anything bad said about him right?)or just whatever. Y'all need to just be happy and get over it.

Hell it could get worse for y'all. We could elect a racist or woman hater President and then you'd really be in trouble.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .