Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: HyperNormalisation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/12/2020 05:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/12/2020 05:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I have not watched this yet, but it's been recommended. I'm told it explains how we got here in terms of manufactured reality.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/12/2020 06:14 AM

RustyTruck

Well shit, looks like you'd need to use a VPN into a UK server to watch this on BBC iplayer. If I can find a source I'll pass it on.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/12/2020 08:15 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

This movie should also be able to explain a few bits and pieces of how we arrived where we are:

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/12/2020 08:44 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Sniper This movie should also be able to explain a few bits and pieces of how we arrived where we are
part of the reason for sure. been my problem with the party, specifically the progressive element, for quite some time. intolerant tolerance. diverse thought, freedom of speech, different viewpoints no longer acceptable period. peoples lives getting ruined for no reason and people fear to speak different opinions. saying it now, if we get pete on the ticket and elected, prepare for any criticism to be responded to and labeled as homophobia. people being sick of it is what opened the door for someone like trump to get elected. really we have nobody to blame but ourselves. oh and this comment will probably get me labeled a con by the clowns here, thus proving the point. ironic. hell, they regularly label half the country as racist, traitors, fascists, etc just because they voted for that clown. lay blame on old 'white' people while crying racist, despite making racist and ageist generalizations themselves. really no better example lol

Edited: 02/12/2020 at 08:47 AM by RiddleMe
 02/12/2020 08:52 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

It would be an interesting social experiment for someone to walk around town one day wearing a gay pride shirt on and another day wearing a MAGA hat, then describe the differences in the two experiences.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/12/2020 09:29 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Results will vary depending on location.
 02/12/2020 09:54 AM

RustyTruck

How about I just go burn a flag in front of the VFW? I'll be safe in the knowledge that snipe will protect my rights.

Frankly there's an old guy I see at the gym sometimes wearing a MAGA hat, and to date I have NOT dropped a 45 pound plate on his face. BUT, he hasn't asked me to spot him yet, so who knows.

02/12/2020 11:25 AM

RiddleMe

better the maga hat than the dudes in short shorts popping up here and there
 02/12/2020 12:15 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Do the dudes in short shorts make you nervous? Do they make you tingle a little? Or do you just like a man in a red hat because it makes you feel dominated?
 02/12/2020 01:20 PM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: RiddleMe better the maga hat than the dudes in short shorts popping up here and there
Do the dudes in short shorts make you nervous? Do they make you tingle a little? Or do you just like a man in a red hat because it makes you feel dominated?
that was a very obvious joke. looks like you missed it. by all means though, continue on with the hate

Edited: 02/12/2020 at 01:21 PM by RiddleMe
 02/12/2020 02:15 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

that was a very obvious joke. looks like you missed it. by all means though, continue on with the hate

What hate? Asking for a friend...
 02/13/2020 04:04 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Sniper
This movie should also be able to explain a few bits and pieces of how we arrived where we are

part of the reason for sure. been my problem with the party, specifically the progressive element, for quite some time. intolerant tolerance. diverse thought, freedom of speech, different viewpoints no longer acceptable period. peoples lives getting ruined for no reason and people fear to speak different opinions. saying it now, if we get pete on the ticket and elected, prepare for any criticism to be responded to and labeled as homophobia. people being sick of it is what opened the door for someone like trump to get elected. really we have nobody to blame but ourselves. oh and this comment will probably get me labeled a con by the clowns here, thus proving the point. ironic. hell, they regularly label half the country as racist, traitors, fascists, etc just because they voted for that clown. lay blame on old 'white' people while crying racist, despite making racist and ageist generalizations themselves. really no better example lol

boo hoo is me...

lol

"different viewpoints no longer acceptable period."

And this is simply incorrect. Who do you see as more tolerant, the Left or Trump followers?

I was right.

Edited: 02/13/2020 at 04:06 AM by Cole
 02/13/2020 07:19 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole boo hoo is me... lol "different viewpoints no longer acceptable period." And this is simply incorrect. Who do you see as more tolerant, the Left or Trump followers?
dont be mad because the shoe fits cole. and no, i am absolutely correct. the sad thing is, you cant even see it because you are part of the problem. lmao. so who is more tolerant? from a numbers standpoint, the far left is probably the least tolerant. as far as intolerance regardless of numbers, the white power idiots that latched on to trump are the obvious answer. so lets say white power > far left > far right. all of you are insane imo because neither the right nor left can see their depravity because they are too busy pointing fingers at the other side

Edited: 02/13/2020 at 07:20 AM by RiddleMe
 02/13/2020 08:09 AM

Greensleeves

Jeez they were saying the same $hit when Obama was on his way.

As evidenced by the incredible pile of bull$hit that POSs like Limbaugh, McConnell, Hannity, Palin, twitler et al heaped on Obama no one was afraid to say $hit about him because he was black.

So stuff it about Mayor Pete. y'all really care about sexual orientation? You should care that twitler is a disrespecting woman hating cross between Kavanaugh and Epstein.

Edited: 02/13/2020 at 08:10 AM by Greensleeves
 02/13/2020 08:15 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Greensleeves So stuff it about Mayor Pete. y'all really care about sexual orientation?
nobody said anything negative about him in this topic. not sure what you are going on about. might want to read it again, lol. anyways, he might be the best candidate with the way things are going so far in the primaries
 02/13/2020 08:57 AM

Greensleeves

I didn't say that anyone said anything negative I said so what?

AND, people said the same $Hit about Obama, "I can't complain because I'll be labelled a racist"

Mayor Pete will win or lose on his merits not because someone is afraid to be labelled a homophobe.

If we learned anything with Obama is that minorities can win the election.

Minorities that can win our Presidential election:
Women - yes
Gay people - yes
Hateful ignorant conman douche bags - yes

Edited: 02/13/2020 at 09:02 AM by Greensleeves
 02/13/2020 11:26 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Why is miker so eager to make excuses for the crankits of the world?

02/13/2020 11:30 AM

RustyTruck

Good question scom. As for me, I can say what I want about CIA Pete, I've got gay friends.

02/13/2020 11:55 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Cole

boo hoo is me...
lol
"different viewpoints no longer acceptable period."
And this is simply incorrect. Who do you see as more tolerant, the Left or Trump followers?

dont be mad because the shoe fits cole. and no, i am absolutely correct. the sad thing is, you cant even see it because you are part of the problem. lmao. so who is more tolerant? from a numbers standpoint, the far left is probably the least tolerant. as far as intolerance regardless of numbers, the white power idiots that latched on to trump are the obvious answer. so lets say white power > far left > far right. all of you are insane imo because neither the right nor left can see their depravity because they are too busy pointing fingers at the other side

This site is the perfect microcosm. The Right on here are anti Muslim, anti Gay, anti trans, somewhat racist, anti immigration, anti Mexican, against pro choice and a few are sexist. Yet the Left is the real issue because we think the above should be treated the same as the middle aged white guy and aren't afraid to call it out when they aren't?

We are also at fault because we believe the country has progressed passed using words like nigger, spic, wop, fag and the host of other dated and overtly offensive words?

And finally, you are saying that people are so offended by our attempts at making the World a better place that they will vote for a man that openly made fun of a special needs man on national television, just so they can use brash an offensive language in the mixed public?

Sure. lol

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .