Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Since we are so close to Thanksgiving...some Turkey Talk...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/13/2019 06:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/13/2019 06:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trump "We have a great relationship with the Kurds," he began. "We're with them now, we get along with them."

Then he kept talking: "And, by the way, I think the president [Erdogan], he may have some factions within the Kurds, but I think the president has a great relationship with the Kurds," Trump continued. "Many Kurds live currently in Turkey, and they're happy and they're taken care of."

Erdogan's pushed back on Turkey's conflicts with the Kurds, maintaining that the Kurdish forces in Syria are "terrorist organizations."

"These are terrorist organizations and they are the offshoots of the PKK (Kurdistan Workers' Party)," Erdogan said.

11/13/2019 06:46 PM

Central Floridave

btw, Erdogan is a dictatorship and are now buying weapons from Russia, although they are a member of NATO.

Turkey removes four more Kurdish mayors over alleged terror links

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey removed four more mayors on Wednesday as part of a widening government crackdown on the pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP), bringing to 20 the number of mayors who have been dismissed after being elected earlier this year.

http://www.reuters.com/article...r-links-idUSKBN1XN0U2

another headline from today, "Trump says he's a 'big fan' of Turkish President Erdogan"
 11/13/2019 07:26 PM

johnnyboy

Cleansing. Ethnic cleansing courtesy of trump. They couldn't have done it without him.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/13/2019 07:34 PM

Central Floridave

Trumps ia a big fan...

Turkey: Hundreds arrested in crackdown on critics of military offensive in Syria
31 October 2019, 23:45 UTC

http://www.amnesty.org/en/late...ry-offensive-in-syria/
 11/14/2019 02:45 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Trump's policies have been a debacle. There isn't a cohesive thread or guiding principle set that he is following. It seemsto be like he is winging his decisions or making them to help another country or ??. The best analogy I've heard is that we have a 6 year old Anthony Fremont running policy and anyone who disagrees with him is sent out to the cornfield. (ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...fe_(The_Twilight_Zone) >>>>>>> The closing narration for that episode goes: No comment here, no comment at all. We only wanted to introduce you to one of our very special citizens, little Anthony Fremont, age 6, who lives in a village called Peaksville, in a place that used to be Ohio. And, if by some strange chance, you should run across him, you had best think only good thoughts. Anything less than that is handled at your own risk, because if you do meet Anthony, you can be sure of one thing: you have entered The Twilight Zone.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/14/2019 04:47 AM

Cole

North Korea is back with the threats too.

Not that any of this is surprising, we knew Trump was incapable long before he ever took office.

I was right.
 11/14/2019 05:58 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

trump wished he could simply detain and charge journalists with terrorism like his hero erdogoogan!

and drumpfs supporters, claim to enjoy freedom....

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 11/14/2019 06:09 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Wait.. I thought Trump SOLVED North Korea.. WTF??!?!?

When America was "great"
 11/14/2019 06:17 AM

johnnyboy

He did. His friend Kim told him don't worry about my media presence, the threats, the new alliance with our mutual friend Putin or our oldest fried China, just know that we are bothers from other mothers and that's just the party line to keep the masses occupied. Oh yeah let's never put anything in writing.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/14/2019 09:15 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

As I understand it, the Russian S-400 is a superior system. The Turkish dictator wants the best, and he's much tougher than the american baby king.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".

Edited: 11/14/2019 at 10:19 AM by RustyTruck
 11/14/2019 04:39 PM

Central Floridave

I'm keeping missile shield from Russia, says Erdogan

President Erdogan of Turkey rejected an appeal by President Trump yesterday to abandon his purchase of a Russian missile defence system.

Despite the enthusiasm the two men showed when they met in the White House, it became clear that they had failed to restore the battered relationship between the two Nato allies.

Mr Trump dismissed recent criticism of Mr Erdogan by congressmen and gave his counterpart a warm reception. The Turkish president said as he flew home, however, that he would not give up the Russian S-400 missile system, although he was happy to buy the US Patriot system.

Installation of the S-400 system, which has begun, has come to symbolise Turkey's growing closeness to Russia.

11/14/2019 05:31 PM

RustyTruck

Elections have consequences.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

11/27/2019 07:11 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

yes 5 more years of you cats cryin over Trump
 11/27/2019 07:32 PM

RustyTruck

Crying? The left is laughing at him and you GOP cuck boys.

11/28/2019 06:33 AM

Central Floridave

Happy Turkey Day!

in recent headlines:
Turkey stalls NATO's Russia defense plans for eastern Europe over Syria
Ankara has been accused of holding eastern Europe hostage as it refuses to back NATO's collective defensive. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland had called on NATO to set up a defense against Russia.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .