Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Betsy DeVos sucks
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/07/2019 11:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/07/2019 11:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...cretary-171431586.html

DeVos is facing troubles ranging from being fined $100,000 for contempt of court to dealing with lawsuits stemming from an ineffective Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).

Massachusetts Senator and presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren called DeVos "the worst Secretary of Education" ever. A U.S. Magistrate in San Francisco slammed DeVos over "gross negligence" over the collection of debt payments from students of a defunct for-profit college. And a top student loan official chosen by DeVos recently quit over how "broken" the student loan system has become.

-------------------------
GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 11/07/2019 11:55 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

After the dust settles we're going to have to take a fresh look at rebuilding and funding the US Educational System, hopefully with an extension of the public system to include college.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/07/2019 12:01 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Her confirmation hearing was so awkward and revealing that she should have seen the writing on the wall. The Senate basically said "you had us Megadonor."

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/07/2019 01:49 PM

Greensleeves

like most GOP tools that have abdicated any moral responsibility for their own greed she is a sorry human
 11/07/2019 02:17 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Wait, are you saying they don't have "the best guys"????

When America was "great"
 11/07/2019 02:42 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

I would think that nobody should pay off somebodyelses college debts. One person uses their loans to rent books, take classes and they eat Ramon noodles for four or five years. Then they pay back their loans. The next person uses their loans, buys books, takes classes, buys kegs, computers, nice clothes, dines out, and spends money like a Drunken Senator. The first guy should pay the other guys debts?? Oh hell no. They should each pay their own debts. BUT, if I was Trump, I would suspend all interest payments on student loans. Just do a Presidential Proclamation, all interest payments are suspended and all payments go directly into paying down your Student debt. AND.. and this will remain in effect as long as I, Trump, remain in office.

11/07/2019 03:13 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Can you translate that from dotard?

When America was "great"
 11/07/2019 04:11 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: fishkller

Can you translate that from dotard?

Ha ha!

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 11/08/2019 05:32 AM

Cole

I don't know, she has done a good job at protecting elite rapist college boys from prosecution. Future Kavanaughs will have her to thank.

I was right.
 07/12/2020 07:10 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

She was interviewed on State of the Union and didn't do well.
She isn't good at her job. Obvious she is serving her master.
Thank God most school funding come from the state level.

I'm sure there will be a lot of clips from that interview.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 07/12/2020 08:39 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Just part of The Human Wrecking Balls' total destruction of another government institution.

We may never recover as a nation.
 07/12/2020 09:06 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

But, then again, just how much of all this crap is actually "Trump". Now yes, he personally picked some real losers and just plain Turds but, , , , , then again, how many of these picks were "suggested" to him by, , , ,who????, , , ,!

Dora Hates You
 07/12/2020 09:34 AM

Greensleeves

wtf? ding's master is merely a puppet controlled by some sinister kabbalah?

what does that make ding?
 07/12/2020 10:26 AM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Sinister kabbalah ? : Just the Bilderburgers !Not a conspiracy nut , But if there WERE two different fractions of a "Secret Society " fighting for control , it would play out in the news media virtually exactly as the Democrats and the Republicans infighting and absolute hatred and contempt for one another does . Dysfunctional Government or dysfunctional Secret Society ? ( Google : Bilderburgers ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5f51PWtdTo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlIGEZp0nLg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAtK8UXDuM ( Jared Kushner was just there for the last meeting . )

Edited: 07/12/2020 at 02:41 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 07/12/2020 10:44 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

You hire a person who's been pro private education, the Education Secretary of the United States.... what can go wrong?!? "Only the best, most qualified people...."
 07/12/2020 11:26 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: somebodyelse I would think that nobody should pay off somebodyelses college debts. One person uses their loans to rent books, take classes and they eat Ramon noodles for four or five years. Then they pay back their loans. The next person uses their loans, buys books, takes classes, buys kegs, computers, nice clothes, dines out, and spends money like a Drunken Senator. The first guy should pay the other guys debts?? Oh hell no. They should each pay their own debts. BUT, if I was Trump, I would suspend all interest payments on student loans. Just do a Presidential Proclamation, all interest payments are suspended and all payments go directly into paying down your Student debt. AND.. and this will remain in effect as long as I, Trump, remain in office.
That's a start

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 07/12/2020 11:37 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

I would think that nobody should pay off somebodyelses college debts. One person uses their loans to rent books, take classes and they eat Ramon noodles for four or five years. Then they pay back their loans. The next person uses their loans, buys books, takes classes, buys kegs, computers, nice clothes, dines out, and spends money like a Drunken Senator. The first guy should pay the other guys debts?? Oh hell no. They should each pay their own debts. BUT, if I was Trump, I would suspend all interest payments on student loans. Just do a Presidential Proclamation, all interest payments are suspended and all payments go directly into paying down your Student debt. AND.. and this will remain in effect as long as I, Trump, remain in office.

Paying for school is a bit unfair. You don't think so? Kid A has rich parents no need for loans etc starts life off with no debt. Kid B has upper middle class parents has either loans or living allowances paid by parents may need to work part time, starts off with debt. Kid c has no parents or parents are in poverty has loans and living expenses and needs to work overtime while going to school. Kid D, like me, goe to military for GI Bill and Army College Fund has 4-5 year set back. As you can see none of these situations are equal and only A has an advantage, B has a slight advantage. Why do the rich get an advantage? The answer is because you let them. The rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor. Are there exceptions sure, but it is like winning the lottery. School should be a right, not a privilege according to family wealth.
 07/12/2020 01:07 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Every federal agency is now headed with intentional incompetence.
That objective was clear.
 07/12/2020 03:16 PM

Greensleeves

To expound upon Hap's examples: Kid T pays someone to takes his SAT.

Am I alone in thinking nobodyelse should probably get some professional help? To wit, "in effect as long as I, Trump, remain in office". Illusions of grandeur? I mean who doesn't want to be in that ignorant racist's clown shoes right now.
 07/12/2020 09:02 PM

johnnyboy

Those same slippery leather loafers that almost killed him on the ramp at West Point?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Betsy DeVos sucks

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .