Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Green energy will destroy the earth.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2019 12:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2019 08:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Despair! Fear! But always take away the message from the Tpapsmears of the world: nothing can be done so don't do anything and most of all don't do anything different.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/19/2019 08:55 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Despair! Fear! But always take away the message from the Tpapsmears of the world: nothing can be done so don't do anything and most of all don't do anything different.
Oh, things can be done. I have mentioned some of those things. We can go nuclear, which would help a bit but not ultimately solve the problem unless everyone goes that route. We can wipe out the world's population. Or we can attack China and, if we are victorious, reduce them to a medieval society again. China is the world's largest CO2 emitter, after all, and they aren't slowing down. Anything anyone else does won't make a difference as long as China is chugging along like they are. That is, we can spend the $30 trillion or so and reduce our emissions to zero and it won't make any difference at all. So, which do you choose.

I :heart; Q
 09/19/2019 09:14 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

China agreed to reduce CO2 by 60% under the Paris Agreement, but then some dumb ass upset the apple cart.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/19/2019 09:37 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

But the critical dynamic underlying the 2015 Accord, willfully ignored by its advocates, is that major developing countries offered "commitments" for emissions reduction that only mirrored their economies' existing trajectories. Thus, for instance,.......................... China committed ...........TO REACHING......... peak emissions by 2030 ................ - in line with the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's prior analysis. India committed to improving its emissions per unit of GDP - at a rate slower than that metric was already improving. President Obama, meanwhile, pledged America to concrete and aggressive emissions cuts that would require genuine and costly change

09/19/2019 09:49 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Green" may, or may not, "destroy" the Earth.

But, humans have for certain reached a point where possible "fixes" can no longer be "cheap and easy". Perhaps we have come to a nexus of pain and suffering where certain locations/populations will basically come to and end.

Dora Hates You
 09/19/2019 09:51 AM

Greensleeves

The party of the old is on the wrong side of this. The GOP goons are ensuring their fall to WHIG party status.

Ask any young person about climate change. It is real to them and one party clearly considers it important.

Edited: 09/19/2019 at 10:06 AM by Greensleeves
 09/19/2019 10:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck China agreed to reduce CO2 by 60% under the Paris Agreement, but then some dumb ass upset the apple cart.
Uh huh.
To keep its domestic coal miners employed, China increased its consumption of coal last year for the first time since 2013. As part of its "Belt and Road" initiative, China has plans to build 700 coal-fired electric plants across the Eurasian plain.

Edited: 09/19/2019 at 10:53 AM by tpapablo
 09/19/2019 11:17 AM

RustyTruck

Doesn't matter, Don the Con killed the deal.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

09/19/2019 11:37 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Doesn't matter, Don the Con killed the deal.
For which most of us are grateful. Terrible agreement. Typical of the type of stupid stuff Obama got us into.

09/19/2019 12:45 PM

RustyTruck

One third of the US wild bird population has disappeared since 1970.

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/09...ds-north-america.html

09/20/2019 05:53 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

One third of the US wild bird population has disappeared since 1970.

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/09...th-america.html

And Trump is lowering the safety standards once again; more toxins, more unchecked growth, more pollution. What good is world we can't live in?

I was right.
 09/22/2019 06:55 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yes, perhaps Trump is not helping anything about this "problem".

BUT, then again, the "problem", and all of its related "issues", has been festering for decades. There is way, way, way, more to it than we can guess. Hell, even Kennedy probably would have been killed sooner if he pressed the "issue" too hard.

I've said before, , , , way-back-when in 1970 at Satellite my year end science project was about energy, the environment and pollution. At the end of my presentation the "smartest" girl in the class stood up and asked me if I was a Communist, because her father had told her that people like me were Communists!!!

Dora Hates You
 09/22/2019 12:52 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Yes, perhaps Trump is not helping anything about this "problem".

BUT, then again, the "problem", and all of its related "issues", has been festering for decades. There is way, way, way, more to it than we can guess. Hell, even Kennedy probably would have been killed sooner if he pressed the "issue" too hard.

I've said before, , , , way-back-when in 1970 at Satellite my year end science project was about energy, the environment and pollution. At the end of my presentation the "smartest" girl in the class stood up and asked me if I was a Communist, because her father had told her that people like me were Communists!!!

Um. you voted for and will vote again for the guy who is gutting the Clean Air Act and pretty much every other piece of environmental legislation.

I was right.
 09/23/2019 06:39 AM

somebodyelse

then compare them to electric motors and plastic cased batteries.........................IF...If plastic straws are destroying the earth and need laws passed so that we don't use plastic straws.......................What impact does a Plastic cased battery pose???

09/23/2019 06:44 AM

somebodyelse

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2019/06/11/Study-Almost-600-plant-species-have-gone-extinct-in-last-250-years/9941560243038/ .................................... Almost 600 plant species have been wiped from the planet in the past 250 years................., more than twice the number of bird, mammal and amphibian species that have met the same fate............................... Out of 8 Million Species.................................. AND, 430 species once thought to be extinct have been rediscovered, ............. That's about two plant species and ONE ANIMAL species per year....... AND Most of those are on vulnerable Islands where the populations were small to begin with............................ Your 12 years to Earths death that the Liberals are freaking about.................................Scary stories to fright the weak minded.................................I know you FEEL like everything is dying but get some SCIENCE.....................

09/23/2019 08:50 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sci...s-just-TEN-rivers.html

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/23/2019 09:22 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck One third of the US wild bird population has disappeared since 1970. http://www.nytimes.com/2019/09...s-north-america.html
Wind mills

09/23/2019 09:36 AM

Greensleeves

tspank typing "Wind mills" shows:

A. He's too lazy/stupid/old to research/learn
B. He buys into everything twitler says like some teen girl loves the latest heart throb
C. Both
D. He's having a stroke, call 911!

09/23/2019 09:48 AM

RustyTruck

I suppose the quicker humans are eradicated from the earth the better. In a million years the planet could recover nicely.

09/23/2019 11:28 AM

somebodyelse

the United States contributes just 77,000 tons of plastic to the worlds oceans, which is less than one percent, according to the study published in the journal Science. I was hoping that by banning Plastic straws we could significantly impact our 77 tons but it turns out that a bazillion straws only make up 2 tons of trash. Maybe we should ban plastic soda bottles and plastic clad batteries to effect one percent of the worlds problem?

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Green energy will destroy the earth.

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .