Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Andy Rourk, bassist for the Smiths has died.
Topic Summary: Bass in Peace, great one.
Created On: 05/19/2023 04:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/19/2023 04:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

London
CNN
-
Andy Rourke, bassist for legendary English rock band The Smiths, has died at age 59 after a battle with pancreatic cancer, his former bandmate announced Friday.

"It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Andy Rourke after a lengthy illness with pancreatic cancer," guitarist Johnny Marr wrote on Twitter.<<

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G...iYmVyIHJpbmcgc21pdGhz.

Rubber ring. One of my favorites.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/19/2023 07:04 AM

Central Floridave

Bummer. I didn't know he played with morrissey solo. I'm gonna have to check out freebass:

"During a decades-long music career, he went on to play with The Smiths front man Morrissey on his solo projects after the group disbanded, as well as performing with artists including Sinéad O'Connor, The Pretenders, Badly Drawn Boy and guitarist Aziz Ibrahim.

In 2005, Rourke formed the supergroup Freebass, along with fellow bassists Peter Hook, formerly of New Order and Joy Division, and Gary "Mani" Mounfield of the Stone Roses and Primal Scream."
 05/19/2023 07:15 AM

Central Floridave

Andy Rourke was the other melodic genius in the Smiths: spry, funky and masterful

https://www.theguardian.com/mu...rke-the-smiths-bassist
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .