Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What's cooking, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2023 07:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2023 07:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Just throwing this out here, , , , , what's "new" in your kitchen in regard to foods, ingredients, methods, equipment, etc.? That new Christmas gifted gadget?

On my end, , , , last year my old Breville toaster/convection oven went belly up so, I did some casual investigating on a replacement. Settled on the Bella Pro Toaster/Air Fryer; has everything you need from "dehydrator" all the way to "air fry". Very nice and, one of the actual best things is its footprint on the counter. The Breville had its controls on the side of the oven. The Bella's controls are across the top of the front; saved about 4 inches of left-to-right counter space. Got rid of my 8 quart air fryer.

I've gotten into using Ghee for some things instead of fresh butter. The most interesting thing so far is doing fully thawed skinless chicken thighs, w/bone, or boneless brest portions submerged in ghee at a temp of 170 for 2 1/2 hours. Thaw the chicken, dry it pretty good, roll it around in whatever herbs/seasonings you want, put it in a small casserole with the tops of of the pieces being as level as possible, cover with ghee by about 1/8 - 1/4 inch of ghee. So tender and tasty. Fish has been working well too.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 01/11/2023 06:30 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The air fryer is a game changer for me. Biscuits, breaded chicken, reanimated cold fries, coconut shrimp; it does it all. There is a period of trial and error and some things are a straight up nope, like chicken thighs, but other than that I give it two thumbs up.

I upgraded to a Breville microwave, and have ended to cold spots in potpies and the like. I'll never skimp on a microwave again.

-------------------------
I was right.
 01/11/2023 07:38 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

we got air fryer, but to me nothing beats the toaster oven. Just gotta be more patient. My wife and son swear by the air fryer, but like, cole mentions, trial and error. ugh. I guess I'm old school. push button let toaster oven work and keep an eye on it.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .