Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Easy listening.
Topic Summary: Tame Impala.
Created On: 08/29/2020 12:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/29/2020 12:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C24hUt18RWY

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/29/2020 01:59 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Their recordings are much better. Listen to them on Sirius XMU all the time.

Edited: 08/29/2020 at 02:00 PM by HAPDigital
 08/29/2020 05:06 PM

johnnyboy

This came up from the teenagers with my last name. We have so little in common that this was a rare overlap. I think it's cool the way they improvise and groove.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/29/2020 10:07 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

This came up from the teenagers with my last name. We have so little in common that this was a rare overlap. I think it's cool the way they improvise and groove.

I'm always listening to new music. I rarely listen to old stuff anymore. Your kids have good taste. Listen to Sirius XMU, lots of good stuff like this on there.
 08/30/2020 08:23 AM

johnnyboy

I think if I start listening to music they think is cool they will start hating it because I like it. How cool can something be if your dad likes it. But I stagnated for a while. Pandora has opened up a lot of new music but not like the tiny desk concert. They are the coolest thing happening in music for me. So simple and organic. It's free from genre, history or theme. I'm constantly surprised and mostly pleasantly.

08/30/2020 09:39 AM

HAPDigital

Spotify has all the songs.

Edited: 08/30/2020 at 09:41 AM by HAPDigital
 08/30/2020 07:11 PM

johnnyboy

Remember when a band had to get AirPlay with a station or cut their teeth on the hard road? Now a band can have a high quality studio and music software in their home and release it with no label or airplay. What fun the kids can have with that.

09/02/2020 08:42 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 09/02/2020 10:05 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I think if I start listening to music they think is cool they will start hating it because I like it. How cool can something be if your dad likes it. But I stagnated for a while. Pandora has opened up a lot of new music but not like the tiny desk concert. They are the coolest thing happening in music for me. So simple and organic. It's free from genre, history or theme. I'm constantly surprised and mostly pleasantly.

I love putting the tiny desk on the tv and letting it shuffle through because it is fun to watch!

So many cool groups I could never find elsewhere and even groups I have heard and like sound, so much better live with real instruments- not watered down and packaged by "producers". This is especially true for rap and hip hop artists, they rock the tiny desk!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/02/2020 11:39 AM

johnnyboy

Agreed.

Thats a fair point, snipe.

09/03/2020 07:49 AM

Greensleeves

good band Love this edit for the sonic awesomeness starting at 45:20

Edited: 09/03/2020 at 08:49 AM by Greensleeves
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .