Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: PUNK ROCK 101
Topic Summary: A Beginners Course (Part One )
Created On: 07/14/2020 05:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/20/2020 11:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

I passed a pickup truck last week on A1A.

There was a dog-tired construction worker riding in the bed of the truck with his head resting on a wheelbarrow.

I wondered if he was relegated to the back of the truck because he was smoking a cigarette or because he had a blue mohawk.

For all you do, Punk Rock Man, this Bud's for you!
 07/20/2020 12:19 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER PlanB : I respectfully disagree . Define Punk , it is a attitude of non conformity , defying authority , it is about shaking up the establishment and the status quo ,it is a state of mind and as SurferMic said it is a lifestyle . The early Beat poets were Punk , some post WWII motorcycle gangs (until they turned into organized crime) were Punk , certain Rock a Billy bands were Punk , to a certain extent Elvis was Punk , James Dean and Marlon Brando were Punk , Little Richard and James Brown were Punk ,Bob Dylan was Punk , Gonzo journalist Hunter S Thompson was Punk , the list goes on and on . I do however concede that the title of the thread is a bit misleading as it implies a introductory course into the birth of Punk rock and as such perhaps I should have gone with the Velvet Underground , The Stooges , The New York Dolls or the Pistols " God Save The Queen "----but that's all been done before . ( PS : In the interest of accuracy, I edited the thread title ) ( Sonny Curtis was punk : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHC2Mnf_HXo )
Fair enough
 07/20/2020 04:43 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

I can agree that industrial is in the punk genre but 101? Makes no sense unless you are working backwards even then there are things out today more punkier.
 07/20/2020 06:53 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Well , I did indeed try to edit the original thread and or topic as Punk Rock 102 , but apparently it did not post as such ? ( And PLEASE re -read my above post about the Original message thread being updated -----or rather me trying to update it to Punk Rock 102 ! )

Edited: 07/21/2020 at 01:50 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 07/20/2020 07:27 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER

Well , I did indeed tried to edit the original thread and or topic as Punk Rock 102 , but apparently it did not post as such ?

Or maybe it is more punk rock to do it in a disorganized manner? That's what I would say. LOL
 07/20/2020 07:35 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Hap : Bonus Points , Mate , Bonus Points !
FORUMS : FOOD ...........and Music : PUNK ROCK 101

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .