Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 'Hamilton,' Coming to Disney+ Just in Time for the 4th of July
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/22/2020 10:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/22/2020 10:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Watch the Trailer for 'Hamilton,' Coming to Disney+ Just in Time for the 4th of July

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...r-disney-july-1018436/
 06/22/2020 03:53 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Watch the Trailer for 'Hamilton,' Coming to Disney+ Just in Time for the 4th of July

https://www.rollingstone.com/m...r-disney-july-1018436/

LOL Darn it! I just cancelled the subscription because we watched everything we wanted to when it was free.
 06/23/2020 08:16 AM

johnnyboy

Craziest thing. I turns out Bolton was in the room where it happened, the room where it happened.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/23/2020 11:31 AM

Central Floridave

A couple of summers ago we went to Chicago to watch the show there. Since, it has travelled throughout florida, however, the ticket prices are out of reach and sold out so quick. Now that with Broadway shows cancelled its good to see Hamilton will be on TV. It is an excellent show.
 06/24/2020 09:59 AM

johnnyboy

I saw it live in palm beach county. I was genuinely moved by the whole thing. I knew about all the buzz and saw the devotion to it, but I have seen broadway shows and felt like they were good and important to see. Hamilton blew me away. It's amazing and it deserves all of the praise and adoration it gets. I can't wait to see it again.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/24/2020 11:02 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I saw it live in palm beach county. I was genuinely moved by the whole thing. I knew about all the buzz and saw the devotion to it, but I have seen broadway shows and felt like they were good and important to see. Hamilton blew me away. It's amazing and it deserves all of the praise and adoration it gets. I can't wait to see it again.

Maybe Cheater will go watch it with you some time.
 06/24/2020 11:04 AM

Central Floridave

There ya go. Thanks for the confirmation johnnyboy. I always get the, "i hate rap" thing when I tell people how great this show is. Give it a chance. It is great music. Played with real instruments and real singers. Not gangsta rap. Plus, has a broadway flair to it. I've listened to the soundtrack over-n-over again. I really love the music and it brings me to tears near the end. I've even read the book the show is based on. "Hamilton" by Ron Chernow. Its a masterpiece in the literature department as well. Its a shame people choose sides due to whatever slant they take on politics. But, it is politics and it is American History. Some say it slanted, but whatever, just enjoy the show and be entertained by it. Do further reading if interested in it. I'm a Hamilton groupie. I've tried to get tix when in Orlando, Ft.lauderdale, and West Palm. But, since i've seen it already never really wanted to drop 2 bills for the show again.
 06/24/2020 11:13 AM

Central Floridave

Here is the book, its a thick one and a long read, but it is great literature. In the interest of time I sped read it with the intention of reading it in more detail when retired and have more time to read thick novels.

https://www.amazon.com/Alexand...&qid=1593021705&sr=8-4
 06/24/2020 11:22 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Ummmmm, , , , , but, , , , , regardless of any/all of the foregoing, , , , , I would need too many drugs (legal/illegal) to sit through ANY Musical on the stage.

Dora Hates You
 06/24/2020 11:30 AM

Central Floridave

too bad dingpatch. I've seen many musicals. Live music is so much better in a attended show than on TV. But, I get it, some people just can't sit that long. My dad turned me on to broadway shows. His favorite was Phantom of the Opera. I hate that show. He dragged me to a couple of those shows. However, when we went to go see Jesus Christ Superstar (by the same writer) I was hooked. That was when I was young. Now, i have a newfound out look on live shows. I've been to manhattan a few times just to site see and check out broadway shows. My all time favorite so far is Wicked, followed by Hamilton. But, there are a lot of great shows out there. Even the local theaters do a pretty good job at hosting shows. Cocoa Village Playhouse, King Center, & Henegar Center dt Melbourne has all hosted locally produced shows. Blah Blah Blah...whatever though. Different strokes for different folks. Rock On!
 06/24/2020 11:58 AM

Central Floridave

And, off topic, I checked out disney+ channel for the first time last night. My wife recommended The Lion King, the newer one disney just put out. I was like hesitant...saw the first movie and the broadway show while in Las Vegas (not bad, but a little over the top). And, wasn't interested, but she said just try it. Needless to say that is the best cgi movie to date. I was blown away on how realistic it looked. I ended watching the entire movie. Its a kid's movie no doubt, but check it out just for the special effects. It is amazing.
 06/24/2020 03:16 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Cgi ha! Give me the original, and yes, I can sing all the songs... Loud and off key!

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 06/25/2020 10:10 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Sounds like I'll be enduring a resurgence of my daughters running around singing "Aaron Burr! Sir!"

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/26/2020 02:09 PM

Central Floridave

LOL on the last two comments. If only 2L had a 'Like' button....
 06/29/2020 11:34 AM

Central Floridave

MOVIE INTERVIEWS
'The Past Isn't Done With Us,' Says 'Hamilton' Creator Lin-Manuel Miranda
June 29, 20201:04 PM ET
Heard on Fresh Air

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/29...tor-lin-manuel-miranda
 06/30/2020 11:32 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: dingpatch Ummmmm, , , , , but, , , , , regardless of any/all of the foregoing, , , , , I would need too many drugs (legal/illegal) to sit through ANY Musical on the stage.
I'm with you. Even drugs wouldn't convince me. I hate those things. I can suspend disbelief for regular movies, but when people break out into song ... nope.

I :heart; Q
 06/30/2020 06:25 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

me 3. OUT & ding, maybe there IS hope for ya
 06/30/2020 09:14 PM

johnnyboy

Obscure reference to joke thread: you can bring a horticulture...

07/03/2020 08:22 PM

johnnyboy

Just watched it.

It's amazing. So well acted and performed. Brilliant lyrics and rhyming. Truly entertaining.

07/03/2020 10:02 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Just watched it.

It's amazing. So well acted and performed. Brilliant lyrics and rhyming. Truly entertaining.

I just watched it tonight too. It was good. King George is Trump lol.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .