Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Covid air fryer addition.
Topic Summary: Got the biggest one.
Created On: 05/14/2020 12:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/25/2020 11:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I got one because of this thread and the sale I came across. Very impressed so far. Salmon was great, frozen Pierogis from frozen in like 10 minutes, planning to try some home made empanadas.

Good idea. Haven't tried fish in it yet. But yeah, definitely look for sales on these things as they are a bit pricey IMO.
 06/26/2020 06:15 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Great you had to mention Salmon! My GF and son love it. & Yes I am on the fence about purchasing one as well thanks to this thread I have a pressure cooker but the crisp just isn't there and this would save me heating up the broiler.
 06/26/2020 07:41 AM

HAPDigital

Only problem with air fryers is the space. Make sure you get a 6 quart or bigger but not sure if they make them bigger.
 10/06/2020 08:59 AM

TATTOO74

I just bought a Power XL 5qt air fryer from Walmart this weekend. My first go at this thing was fried gator nuggets. They came out decent, a little chewy but that's the Gator. Can't wait to try some other recipes in there. Chicken wings will be next on the list if anyone has perfected those in the air fryer yet.
 10/06/2020 12:10 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Tater tots come out perfect everytime.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/07/2020 12:18 PM

TATTOO74

How about chicken wings?

Tried this last night with frozen wings and WOW! Best wings I've made so far. A bit of a pain stopping the thing every 5-7 minutes to turn them but worth it. I air fried them plain for 35 minutes stopping and turning every 5-7 minutes then added hot sauce to them and put them back in for 7 minutes to soak in the hot sauce. Delicious

10/07/2020 03:01 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: TATTOO74

How about chicken wings?

Tried this last night with frozen wings and WOW! Best wings I've made so far. A bit of a pain stopping the thing every 5-7 minutes to turn them but worth it. I air fried them plain for 35 minutes stopping and turning every 5-7 minutes then added hot sauce to them and put them back in for 7 minutes to soak in the hot sauce. Delicious

Did you do them dry? If so did they come out nice and crispy?
 10/08/2020 06:00 AM

TATTOO74

^^^

I literally took the frozen bag of wings out of the freezer and dumped them in the air fryer. I made sure they were spread apart for circulation and let er rip! Just rotated every 7 mins then brushed with hot sauce after 30 then back in for a couple minutes the soak in the hot sauce. Yes they came out crispy, almost perfect.
 10/08/2020 08:03 AM

HAPDigital

Nice. I haven't been using my air fryer since my empanadas. I'll give the wings a go...
 10/08/2020 08:11 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Ours is being used now to reheat fries from takeout. That brings them right back after steaming in the styrofoam.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/08/2020 01:53 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Excellent idea

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/09/2020 05:42 AM

TATTOO74

I got one because of this thread and the sale I came across. Very impressed so far. Salmon was great, frozen Pierogis from frozen in like 10 minutes, planning to try some home made empanadas.

I just re read this entire thread thinking the salmon air fryer recipe was in here, but it is the sous vide. What is a good salmon recipe? And those empanadas are on the list now as well!

Last night it got late on us quick and I was too lazy to get the grill out. I marinated three chicken breasts in red wine/Italian dressing for maybe 30 minutes and put them in the air fryer and they came out super tender & juicy. I'm starting to think you can't mess anything up in these things. Looks like while going through this thread there's four of us who bought one due to this topic.
 10/09/2020 07:09 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: TATTOO74

I just re read this entire thread thinking the salmon air fryer recipe was in here, but it is the sous vide. What is a good salmon recipe? And those empanadas are on the list now as well!

Last night it got late on us quick and I was too lazy to get the grill out. I marinated three chicken breasts in red wine/Italian dressing for maybe 30 minutes and put them in the air fryer and they came out super tender & juicy. I'm starting to think you can't mess anything up in these things. Looks like while going through this thread there's four of us who bought one due to this topic.

An air fryer is just a compact convection oven. It makes things crispier than a convection oven because of the tight space and I think the fans at close proximity in it extract moisture better too.

I haven't done salmon in there. But I bet any encrusted salmon recipe would work great. I'd just leave the skin ucovered, just salted and do the crust on top.
 12/11/2020 04:38 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Just got this one on sale from Best Buy. Good size. I already have a good Breville toaster oven so I did not want to go that route.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/b...412330.p?skuId=6412330

Dora Hates You
 01/26/2021 04:54 AM

dingpatch

Corn on the Cob! Yum!

But, to be honest, good, fresh, sweet corn is kinda hard to get right now but, , , , ,

It was pre-husked. Rolled it up in some wax-paper as I normally would and popped it into the microwave for 4 minutes (you might only want 3 minutes). Took it out of the paper and brushed the ears with a little ghee. Air fried for 9 minutes and rolled it over for another 4 minutes.

Pretty darn good!!! And, with a little improvisation I'm sure that you could make some killer "street corn".

Dora Hates You
 02/06/2021 04:50 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Come on guys, isn't cookin with air fryer really like..... surfing on a pop out? Where's the soul? What's the big dealio? &

Edited: 02/06/2021 at 04:50 PM by StirfryMcflurry
 02/08/2021 05:11 PM

dingpatch

Surfy,

Actual, genuine, "Soul" has nothing to do with what you ride.

Dora Hates You
 02/09/2021 04:50 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: dingpatch Actual, genuine, "Soul" has nothing to do with what you ride.
Will you post that over in the surfing section?
FORUMS : FOOD ...........and Music : Covid air fryer addition.

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .