Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dolphins are back
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/19/2022 05:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2022 05:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

What a comeback by the fins over Baltimore.

Miami is back!
 09/19/2022 05:35 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Dolphins, Chiefs, Giants and Bucs are the only ones that made it to 2-0. I'd have to say that the fish and the G-men are the biggest surprises, IMHO.

GO Bucs!

They need to just let Evans and Lattimore go ahead and duke it out to get it out of their systems. lol Tom Brady looked like Darth Vader, calmly walking with bodies flying all around him!

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 09/19/2022 05:46 AM

Central Floridave

That was some kind of fight! I saw that real time as I was bouncing between the two games. Go Bucs!
 09/19/2022 09:18 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Tua was 36/50 with 6 TDs for 468 yards and a 121.1 rating. 4 of those TDs in the 4th quarter. Crazy freaking game.

Hill 190 and Waddle 171 receiving yards and 2 TDs each. Speed kills
 09/19/2022 12:05 PM

Central Floridave

Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins put rest of NFL on notice with epic comeback win over Ravens
Published: Sep 18, 2022 at 09:21 PM

https://www.nfl.com/news/tua-t...c-comeback-win-over-ra
 09/25/2022 02:40 PM

RiddleMe

3-0. Fins upset the Bills
 09/25/2022 04:16 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

UPSET
 09/26/2022 10:55 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

3-0. Fins upset the Bills

The most fortuitous Ass Punt of all time.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 09/29/2022 08:26 AM

Central Floridave

Thursday 8:15 Amazon Prime. Fins (3-0) vs @Bengals (1-2)

09/30/2022 08:40 AM

Central Floridave

Dolphins lost. Tua injured early in game. Bengals were a tough team.
 09/30/2022 12:13 PM

Central Floridave

Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa received a bit of positive news from the initial tests on his head and neck injuries that he suffered in Thursday's game against the Bengals.

As first reported by Josina Anderson, Tagovailoa traveled back with the rest of his team on Thursday night while wearing a neck brace. His first round of scans came back negative, signifying that he did not suffer any broken bones against Cincinnati.

The 24-year-old is expected to undergo an MRI upon his return to Miami. He has also officially entered concussion protocol, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

Tagovailoa left the short-week game against the Bengals after he was tackled hard by Cincinnati tackle Josh Tupou in the second quarter of the contest. His head hit the ground on the play, and his fingers curled as he laid down on the field for several minutes.

Dolphins trainers out to take Tagovailoa off the field, and backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater came in to replace him. The Dolphins lost the Week 4 road tilt, 27 - 15.
 10/06/2022 09:11 AM

Cole

I can't believe they continued to play him when he stumbled back to the huddle. How clear does something need to be before you act?

I was right.
 10/07/2022 09:36 AM

RiddleMe

Originally posted by: Cole

I can't believe they continued to play him when he stumbled back to the huddle. How clear does something need to be before you act?

He went back to the locker room was cleared by the protocol put in place. He was having back pain and spasms prior to that play from his QB sneak where he got hyper extended. Speaking from someone that has had back spasms take my legs out from underneath me. It is easy to assume things, but unless you were involved with evaluating him, that is all it is.

He was evaluated my the team doctor, an independent league doctor, and later an outside physician. He was then evaluated every date leading up to the Thursday night game and no concussion was found. What else is a team supposed to do when their QB1 says he is good to go and all the evaluations come back negative?
 10/07/2022 01:50 PM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

He went back to the locker room was cleared by the protocol put in place. He was having back pain and spasms prior to that play from his QB sneak where he got hyper extended. Speaking from someone that has had back spasms take my legs out from underneath me. It is easy to assume things, but unless you were involved with evaluating him, that is all it is.

He was evaluated my the team doctor, an independent league doctor, and later an outside physician. He was then evaluated every date leading up to the Thursday night game and no concussion was found. What else is a team supposed to do when their QB1 says he is good to go and all the evaluations come back negative?

Who has since been FIRED! I feel bad for this kid.
 10/08/2022 03:08 PM

Cole

The guy was fired, so yea, there is that.

If he stumbles, you pull him from that game.

I find the comparison between you and a top-of-the-line pro athlete quite funny. The dude went from perfect shape to not being about to walk. That is a problem.

I was right.

Edited: 10/08/2022 at 03:11 PM by Cole
 10/08/2022 03:42 PM

RiddleMe

"We understand some of that chatter, but the reality is the protocols are really important. We follow that strictly. We see no indication that that didn't happen in this case. There's an ongoing investigation, " he said. "We're really focused on doing that. But we're also prepared to make a change or two in the protocols because we think we can actually add another element that would make it even safer."

Talking heads and newly minted arm chair experts aside, it looks like the protocols were followed. The league is changing the protocols because of the optics, but yeah
 10/08/2022 03:45 PM

RiddleMe

In that note, players stumble all the time. Cramps or muscle spasms generally being the cause. You start pulling players with no signs of concussion every time they get hit hard, half the players will be sidelined at any given time. The real issue to be concerned about is Thursday night football. It is too short of a time following a Sunday game. Half the fins were on the injury report thanks to 4 days between games in a violent sport

Edited: 10/08/2022 at 03:46 PM by RiddleMe
 10/08/2022 05:06 PM

Cole

In that note, players stumble all the time. Cramps or muscle spasms generally being the cause. You start pulling players with no signs of concussion every time they get hit hard, half the players will be sidelined at any given time. The real issue to be concerned about is Thursday night football. It is too short of a time following a Sunday game. Half the fins were on the injury report thanks to 4 days between games in a violent sport

You can watch the replay in ultra slow mo and more or less pinpoint the point in injury. The first looked like whiplash and that pretty damn bad too. If your bell is rung and you stagger around, you need to come off the field. The NFL has been killing people for decades for this very reason.

I was right.

Edited: 10/08/2022 at 05:08 PM by Cole
 10/09/2022 05:12 AM

RiddleMe

As I said, you didn't examine the guy and see just playing the part of an arm chair "expert". Both the NFLPA and the NFL came to the conclusion in the investigation that all protocols were followed and Tua passed them. As far as the doctor being fired before there was an investigation and having his integrity and name dragged through the mud, I hope he lawyers up and takes them for a few million. It was a knee jerk reaction based on optics, not facts.

... and Cole I was not comparing myself to a professional athlete (and frankly, that was a dumb fucking take), I was stating that severe cramps can take your legs out from underneath you. Anyone who has had them, professional athlete or not, knows this to be true. Even with the NFL changing the protocols going forward, Tua would have still be allowed to return because it was determined not to be neurological.
 10/09/2022 02:50 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

aaaaaannnnddddd ..... so much for them being "back"

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
FORUMS : NPNR : Dolphins are back

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .