Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone ride an Indian?
Topic Summary: Scout Bobber to be exact...
Created On: 04/14/2021 10:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/14/2021 10:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I put $ down on a 2021 Indian Scott Bobber yesterday. Got to trick it out online and see it in 3-D before going to dealership. Really cool experience. So cool in fact it added a couple grand to my total....

Did a lot of comparisons to Harley as that's what I originally wanted. This level bike is between the 883 and the Soft-tail, but better equipped than the 883 (1133 cc w more HP) and substantially cheaper than the ST. It also comes with a lifetime factory drive-train and 3 year fender to fender warranty plus the extended warranty I added was much less than anything HD offers, with only a $50 deductible after.

The biggest complaint I read on line was with the ECU and throttle control with aftermarket pipes, being very touchy. I added the performance air intake that comes with the Flash updates for any pipes on the bike, they will tweak it to specs when the bike comes in and dealer assured me that will eliminate that problem.

This isn't my bike, but shows everything except the backseat w sissybar I added for Mrs. worksux

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 04/14/2021 12:04 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

My ex wife was half Indian. With her, everybody got a ride. That's why she's my ex
 04/14/2021 05:14 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches My ex wife was half Indian. With her, everybody got a ride. That's why she's my ex
You're.....Sonny Bono?
 04/14/2021 06:04 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

^^^^^
LOL! That is pretty damn funny, thanks for the laugh.

BTW - I really like the old Cher and Sonny and Cher stuff. Bummer about Sonny hitting that tree while skiing.

As for the other Indian, I ain't a real motorbike guy but that thing looks nice to me!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/15/2021 05:34 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

My ex wife was half Indian. With her, everybody got a ride. That's why she's my ex

You're.....Sonny Bono?

Sunny Boner.
 04/15/2021 07:51 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

lol We've all got one of them......

04/15/2021 08:46 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

That thing looks sweet!
 04/16/2021 09:51 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Maybe one day, until then ill keep dreaming
 04/16/2021 01:30 PM

StirfryMcflurry

back to topic...they ARE Sweet. I do have an Indian /ariel moto story...from the old high school in Antelope Valley Calif days... you'd almost have to imagine it.....gather around...on the porch. pop open an IPA and you shalll hear...
 04/17/2021 05:57 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Home of Zappa, and Bob Hurricane Hannah, antelope vallley, like CB back in the day - was also an interesting spot. I was dodging road-runners while y'all were catching some of Brevards most awesome old skool waves. Lots of high skool friends were motor heads, since there wasn't much else to do up in the desert in those days. My best friend had a 68 camaro SS with a built up 396. One of the fastest cars in the valley and he loved to prove it. He knew another older moto guy who lived on the side of the foot hills and tells me to come over after school one day - we're gonna go visit. SO -we go to this cool house near the aquaduct , andwe go inside and in his basement ( which was also somehow a garage) was about 10 Indians - mostly old but a few new ones...and 4 or 6 Ariels, all in various stages of repair. I was blown away by the amazing design and craftsmanship of these motorcycles, and as a high skool kid -had never seen anything like it. Kind of like where they restore stuff in the back of a museum. My friend looked at me and says -so yeah... what do ya think of all THIS? I was without speech. I do appreciate your post, worksux!
 04/19/2021 04:34 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

They do design some beautiful bikes! Hoping mine gets delivered this week!

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .