Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DeVonta Smith ...... winning!!
Topic Summary: First receiver in almost 30 years to win the Heisman Trophy
Created On: 01/05/2021 06:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/05/2021 06:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver DeVonta Smith wins Heisman Trophy

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.

Edited: 01/05/2021 at 06:50 PM by LBLarry
 01/06/2021 03:55 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I told my wife just before they announced that I thought he would. I just had a feeling that they would not want to choose between QBs (esp Trask and Jones) that were so close on all metrics this year and that Lawrence really hasn't done as well since his breakout frosh year. That left Smith. After thanking everyone, I was disappointed that he didn't mention Jones, something like, "And, thanks a LOT to Mac Jones who threw me a bunch of great passes." (I am not a Bama fan, I am a Gator. It just would have been a nice shout-out.)
 01/06/2021 11:28 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

His speed is ridiculous. He was so good in the semi final game against Notre Dame (after voting) too.

Not sure about him in the NFL given how gifted defensive players are. He's listed as around 175. Mike Evans is 230. The weight room awaits.

But here's what he says about that:

"To all the young kids out there that's not the biggest, not the strongest, just keep pushing, because I'm not the biggest," he said. "I've been doubted a lot just because of my size. Really, it just comes down to you put your mind to it, you can do it. No job is too big."

Stud!

01/08/2021 06:03 PM

LBLarry

Bama players also won:

- Heisman Trophy winner DeVonta Smith won the Fred Biletnikoff Award (best receiver)
- quarterback Mac Jones (Davey O'Brien)
- left tackle Alex Leatherwood (Outland),
- running back Najee Harris (Doak Walker)
- center Landon Dickerson (Rimington)

Cause you know, they are just "scholarship athletes" and Tulsa has scholarship athletes also.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

Edited: 01/08/2021 at 06:05 PM by LBLarry
 01/11/2021 06:49 PM

Central Floridave

3 Td's in first half.
 01/12/2021 10:35 AM

johnnyboy

Najee Harris was amazing too. Alabama had the deepest and best bench in college football.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/12/2021 10:05 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Najee Harris was amazing too. Alabama had the deepest and best bench in college football.

That is what stockpiling 4&5 star recruits will do for you .... along with getting them to wait their turn to start. Then your 2nd & 3rd string is as good as practically everybody else's starters.

It really pays off late in games and over the course of a long difficult season.

This is a simple basic concept that I can not seem to get through to you-know-who.

01/13/2021 06:15 AM

johnnyboy

Smith and jones got lots of questions about waiting your turn and being patient as a second or third string. Jaylen hurts probably shouldn't be interviewed for that piece.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .