Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CFP top ten
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/09/2020 07:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/23/2020 11:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

blah blah blah

recruit a defense

blah blah blah

recruit an offensive line

blah blah blah

thank byu for not running up the score

blah blah blah

what. an. embarrassment.

blah blah blah

(Credit to BYU, they outmanned and outplayed UCF at every position.)
 12/23/2020 11:27 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

College football is a joke. The boys are giving their concussed brains so that the NCAA and colleges can make their money. They should be busted as a monopoly under federal antitrust laws. It is an embarrassment Mr Flush.

The pros are worth watching.

Edited: 12/23/2020 at 11:29 AM by Greensleeves
 12/23/2020 11:44 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

You won't get to the pros w/o going thru college first (duh). I don't mind reimbursing college athletes fairly, but you can argue that 5 years of free education (even for benchwarmers and punters) is a pretty good reimbursement, as well as a lifetime investment in those who won't be giving up their brains every Sunday. Not sure where to draw the line or divvy up the money that flows in.
 12/23/2020 11:55 AM

Greensleeves

Of course you won't get to the pros without college, ergo the monopoly comment. The NFL is complicit of course. The scholarship is the joke, chump change and why boosters have to sweeten the pot or risk not getting the good kids.

Graduation rates aren't the best of course and only a small group even make it to the big dance.

Manziel got in trouble for selling autographs. give me a break.

Graduation rates

And from the article:

"Meanwhile, at the top level, universities make tens of millions in revenue from their college football programs. The most recent data shows Clemson's football revenue in 2017 totaled $612,117.61 per each of its 85 scholarship players, while LSU's revenue exceeded $1 million per scholarship player."

scammed

Edited: 12/23/2020 at 12:00 PM by Greensleeves
 12/24/2020 06:16 AM

Central Floridave

That was the worst UCF game of all time. sitting in the stands and no point did we have a chance to even stand up and cheer. It was over the first BYU snap.

To make excuses, UCF defense was depleted. Our #1 DB Richie Grant was sitting out for the NFL. Which sucks.

Some soul searching going on as UCF football fans and players. Sorry that was a really bad showcase of football. We left in the mid-3rd quarter. Enough was enough.

on another note, FAU stadium is pretty nice. Easy to get in and out of.

12/24/2020 06:52 AM

Central Floridave

Like mentioned somewhere earlier, players sitting out for the NFL for the final games really hurt the team. Individually it's great for the player to sit out and not risk injury due to potential money making...but overall, its hurting college football.

"The table was set for a tough night for the Knights' defense before the ball was even snapped. Over and above the fact that the Cougars have a Heisman Trophy candidate under center in Zach Wilson, UCF was down five starters on defense, not to mention the personnel issues that unit has faced thorough the year. This included Otis Thrope Trophy finalist, Richie Grant at safety, defensive backs Aaron Robinson and Derek Gainous, as well as Landon Woodson and Stephon Zayas in the trenches."

UCF's 49-23 Boca Beating Could Damage The Program Long Term
By Kyle Nash December 23, 2020

https://www.the3pointconversio...Dy_8rX60iWIlCZrBJR9DKc

12/24/2020 06:28 PM

johnnyboy

I was rooting for you but their touchdowns were always too little too late. That targeting call early on your defender didn't help. It's not soul searching, it's just picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and playing more football. UCF needs to recruit a lot better a lot closer. They are still having the growing pains that started with Blake Bortles. Getting bigger and better is a blessing and a curse. Once it's started, there is no going back and the expectations don't get any lower. UCF will now have to keep up with the Jones's and every dirty thing that comes with that. Their little bounce house will be replaced again once they graduate again to the next level. It's sad to see a great little team become a mediocre big team.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/25/2020 05:16 AM

Central Floridave

Thanks. All teams go thru ups and downs. UCF is a little fish swimming in a big ocean. Glad they made a dent.

But, that was THE worst UCF game over. Embarrassing. How can I win internet forum arguments with that?!?

I can't.

Heisman final four announced. Two Bama players, Clemson, Gator. IDK, that BYU Qb was pretty good.

I'd give it to Trevor Lawrence though. He is the best. I'll follow him in the NFL.
 12/25/2020 11:01 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Thanks. All teams go thru ups and downs. UCF is a little fish swimming in a big ocean. Glad they made a dent.

But, that was THE worst UCF game over. Embarrassing. How can I win internet forum arguments with that?!?

I can't.

Heisman final four announced. Two Bama players, Clemson, Gator. IDK, that BYU Qb was pretty good.

I'd give it to Trevor Lawrence though. He is the best. I'll follow him in the NFL.

I will cut you some Christmas slack.

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 12/25/2020 12:16 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

I'm obviously prejudiced, but, I would vote for Trask as he did the most with the least support. He had no running game, was under a pass rush/pressured most of the time and his receivers (except Pitts who missed two games and Toney who only emerged late in the season) were well covered most of the time. His stats were as high as anyone's even with the lack of support. And, his story is amazing - non starter in HS, pretty much unrecruited, sat on the bench until Franks' season ending injury and then KABOOM, Heisman candidate.
 12/28/2020 06:24 AM

Central Floridave

Poor Trevor Lawrence...JAGS secure first round pick...

FORUMS : NPNR : CFP top ten

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .