Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Gators win the SEC East.
Topic Summary: And now they will face Alabama.
Created On: 12/05/2020 07:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2020 07:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I'm a gator fan and even I can't suspend disbelief long enough to believe that Alabama is not going to humiliate them. The Gators are an offensive phenom and their defense is shall we say "learning." Alabama could beat a few NFL teams. It's still a good year for the Gators.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/06/2020 05:35 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

100% agree. What a story with Trask, though - 2nd string through high school and junior year at UF, then no.1 (at this point) for Heisman. Makes me question McMullen's eval skills, though. He would still be on the bench if Franks hadn't got hurt. Sorry for Franks, but, he was a dog any time anybody got close to him. Trask is another Wuerffel with a somewhat better arm. Cool and precise, never feels the pressure. Spurrier would have had him starting by his sophomore year. Franks is Terry Dean. Spurrier to Dean - "Terry, there's no I in team and now there's no you, either." (Check out "Not Necessarily the Old Ball Coach". Freaking hysterical take on SOS by an impersonator. Especially funny if you were around in the 90s.)
 12/06/2020 09:21 AM

Central Floridave

Go Gators!
 12/07/2020 04:56 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Go Gators..... but I dont see how they beat 'Bama barring a miracle (or an outbreak )
 12/07/2020 04:57 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

I will be shocked if they hang with Bama. I think they score, just not enough.
 12/07/2020 05:03 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Bama is a monster. It's going to be tough and nearly impossible, but who knows, maybe my Gators play out of their minds

But considering UF is still in the final stages of their rebuilding with this new coach, it's good to be in this position. The arrow is pointing up
 12/07/2020 05:26 PM

garcia

Maybe it could end up being like the first SEC championship game. SOS and Shane put a hell of a scare into Bama and ESPN had a 30 for 30 episode with title something like "The Game that almost killed conference championships". It was really, really good. (My loving Steve Spurrier may have had something to do with my appraisal. I remember his senior year when he and Jerry (head cheerleader and major babe to a 12 year old) were being interviewed after he won the Heisman, then coming home to Gainesville for 12 wonderful years. My hero.)
 12/07/2020 07:57 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

12/08/2020 08:51 AM

johnnyboy

Bama can get decimated by Covid. Thats probably the only way.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/12/2020 08:15 PM

johnnyboy

Miller throws the cleat of the LSU player on what would have been fourth and long and instead they get the penalty, a first and eventually a 57 yard punt to win. I would revoke that idiot's scholarship. Gators lose to LSU.

12/12/2020 10:49 PM

Central Floridave

I missed the LSU game but text were coming in after the It's Great To Be A Florida Gators....LOST....
 12/13/2020 03:36 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Miller throws the cleat of the LSU player on what would have been fourth and long and instead they get the penalty, a first and eventually a 57 yard punt to win. I would revoke that idiot's scholarship. Gators lose to LSU.
wtf was he thinking? ??
 12/13/2020 08:13 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

wtf was he thinking? ??

MAYBE he was thinking it would help take some time off the clock. Just giving him a possible out...

Leon Lett now has company.

The call: "Throwing the LSU player's shoe 20 yards downfield."
https://youtu.be/aOIVUhwyTPo
You can't make this shit up, lol.

And then I heard cheers of, "L-S-Shoe! L-S-Shoe! L-S-Shoe!"

Edited: 12/13/2020 at 08:14 AM by CurtisEflush
 12/13/2020 11:50 AM

Central Floridave

Auburn Malzhan fired today

Auburn says in the press release that it will pay out the remainder of Gus Malzahn's contract.

Malzahn is owed $21.45 million from Auburn, with 50 percent of it coming within 30 days and the rest paid in installments over the next four years.
 12/13/2020 03:14 PM

johnnyboy

It's astounding what these guys get not to play. I really need to understand these lawyers better. They are geniuses. Gus took their program to mediocre heights but I thought it had more to do with Bo Nix's mediocrity instead of Gus's. I thought for sure Ogeron would be fired for this year but maybe not after last night. Tennessee is the land of perpetual failure and I can't understand why they would ever agree to any contract beyond two years. Saban could run for senator and win in Bama. Texas keeps their coach. Mullen is safe even with trask leaving. I think Emery gets the same coaching and training trask got with similar results. The SEC looks good next year.

12/13/2020 03:31 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

It's really only one agent, Jimmy Sexton

He's responsible (or credited) with negotiating these big ass contracts with big buyouts for college coaches.
 12/14/2020 07:37 AM

garcia

I turned the UF/LSU game off at halftime, but, tuned out after the first "drive". The Gators were obviously out to lunch the whole time I watched. While the shoe throwing was stupid, stupid, stupid, that is not why they lost, just why they had no chance at a miracle comeback. Our defense sucks and has sucked all year and the O was flat and could not compensate this game. Don't know if it is Grantham or the players or what, but, it is just not any good. Players out of position, players and/or coaches don't know who should be on the field, etc, etc. Just a mess all around.

I think Mullen's rep for evaluating and developing QBs is way overrated. Tebow was given to him and Prescott looks like another gift that he inherited. (It's not like he had any choices/options; he just went with the obvious.) He had Felipe Franks as his no. 1 for three years while Trask sat on the bench. And, it took two serious injuries to get him off the bench. There is absolutely NO WAY Spurrier would have played Franks for more than a game or two before going to Trask (or someone else). Mullen is overrated. I am not impressed with Emory Jones or the way he's been used the last 2 years. He looks pretty average as a runner and less than average as a passer. Sticking him in for a couple of downs in the middle of a drive usually worked against the drive and doesn't appear to have helped his development. Mullen will win 9 or 10 games a year, but, he will lose two or three in the same way he lost to LSU and A&M this year and, while we will win the East every couple of years (or maybe a couple in a row), he will never be a threat to a great team like Bama (or whoever emerges after Saban passes). He will be "just good enough" to survive.
 12/14/2020 09:51 AM

johnnyboy

I think the almost a great coach critique is premature. I will decide next year but every thing you said is true.

12/14/2020 10:33 AM

garcia

You're certainly right, but, I get this way after stupid losses. And, I've never been as sold on Mullen as others. I think he gets too much credit for essentially inheriting Tebow, who is a once in a lifetime player.
 12/14/2020 11:08 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Clearly looking ahead towards 'Bama. A bit of that definitely falls on the coach.... but man that penalty at the end was all-time stupid.
FORUMS : NPNR : The Gators win the SEC East.

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .