Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SNAFU
Topic Summary: Imbeciles
Created On: 07/21/2020 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/21/2020 06:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

COCOA BEACH, Florida - The Tourism Development Council is asking the Brevard County Commission at a meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. on Tuesday, July 21, 2020, to consider a 12-month hold on using tourist tax revenue for the funding of restoration of the Indian River Lagoon and improvements to Lori Wilson Park in Cocoa Beach, Florida because funding those projects might jeopardize beach re nourishment projects.
 07/21/2020 07:04 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I say we put off beach re-nourishment and add the money to lagoon restoration.

-------------------------
I was right.
 07/21/2020 08:13 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hmmmmm, , , , , tourists or manatees, , , , , hard choice, , , , , Tourists Win!!!

Dora Hates You
 07/21/2020 03:18 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Green lawn, brown lagoon. Simple fix. Stop the excess flow of nutrients. Long dry spell and the water clears up. A little rain and we have a multi-week pyrodinium bloom here in the middle lagoon (Rockledge/Cocoa/up to Bee Line) that has been shading the bottom, causing wild dissolved oxygen swings, and a minor fish kill a couple of weeks ago when we had a couple of consecutive heavy overcast days and the dissolved oxygen crashed. We need the lagoon healthy for tourists and residents too. But I guess it just doesn't packem in like the beach.

07/21/2020 03:48 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: scombrid

Green lawn, brown lagoon. Simple fix. Stop the excess flow of nutrients. Long dry spell and the water clears up. A little rain and we have a multi-week pyrodinium bloom here in the middle lagoon (Rockledge/Cocoa/up to Bee Line) that has been shading the bottom, causing wild dissolved oxygen swings, and a minor fish kill a couple of weeks ago when we had a couple of consecutive heavy overcast days and the dissolved oxygen crashed. We need the lagoon healthy for tourists and residents too. But I guess it just doesn't packem in like the beach.

The river looked camo last week and the fish were actively feeding at the color changes. The real problem happens when the colors merge into one nasty mass of oxygen depleted toxin.

I was right.
 07/24/2020 08:54 AM

Greensleeves

Dude the fish were gulping air the last two mornings. Bug after this clearer water we had. Like Willy Wonka's chocolate river in a matter of days. Oh the bio-luminescence is back
FORUMS : NPNR : SNAFU

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .