Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Converting my 3 wheel bike to electric, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/08/2020 06:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2020 11:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Motor Controller" bag (with controller and excess cable/wire inside). Still keeping an eye out for a suitable plastic box.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 08/14/2020 at 11:16 AM by dingpatch
 08/14/2020 11:33 AM

dingpatch

Here's the final "problem"; the PAS (pedal assist system sensor). This black "thing" has magnets in it that the sensor picks up if/while you pedal. The motor pitches in to help you pedal. BUT, as I said before, , , , the pedal hub is a "hair" too big for a standard install of the sensor itself. I've taken the sensor (red) off of the supplied mounting ring and will use a touch of epoxy to mount it. AND also, regardless of the size of the pedal hub, , , , when the pedal crank and all is taken off, there is nowhere for the sensor mount to go that is stationary and otherwise does not rotate with the crank.

Dora Hates You
 08/14/2020 11:58 AM

dingpatch

So, I got it "up and running" Tuesday (8/11). It has a lot of "get up and go"! I opened her up and I'll have to say that it was a little faster than I am comfortable with, as yet. Zipped here and there in the neighborhood to run the battery down some.

Put a full charge on the battery on Wednesday and made a run to Fiberglass Florida to get some MEKP; 5.6 miles roundtrip. Went to the drinking hole that afternoon; 1.4 miles RT. On my way home from drinking the "Green" (full) light started to blink upon acceleration. On Thursday I made a run to the Suntree Library; 3.2 miles RT. The "green" light went out about half-way home. I went to Walmart this morning; 5.6 miles RT and the "Yellow" light (Half) started blinking on the way home. Got home, fiddled around in the garage, and then made a trip to the library; 3.2 miles RT. The "yellow" light was out before I got home. So, all-in-all, I got 19 miles out of the charge, with probably a few more miles to spare.

The battery's literature says to not run the battery down to "dead" because it will deteriorate the battery's life span, if not just plain kill it in some cases(?). And, it says to charge it to "full', and never just half way(?).

Dora Hates You

Edited: 08/21/2020 at 07:29 AM by dingpatch
 08/21/2020 07:32 AM

dingpatch

Just made a run to Fiberglass Florida. I had did some research about GPS "trip recording" apps and settled on Strava. Pretty good and it has everything I need. On the way home I got off of the sidewalk and opened her up on the street. Strava reports that my top speed was 30.6 MPH !!!

Dora Hates You
 08/21/2020 09:17 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

wow
at that speed hope you are wearing a helmet
especially on a three wheeler
 08/22/2020 04:39 AM

dingpatch

I have a helmet but, was not wearing it yesterday. My normal trip around Suntree is at between 8 and 10 MPH. 15 MPH is plenty fast.

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : NPNR : Converting my 3 wheel bike to electric, , , ,

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .