Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Which brand of 9MikeMike do you like?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/12/2020 04:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/17/2020 12:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman

when the range used to be open.
jb

Missing that......:{

I have a Sig P938 for carry.

I have a Sig P938 too and bought it for that purpose. I carried it a lot after I bought it but I found carrying to be cumbersome. Not carrying that gun but carrying any gun.

If you are doing it correctly, it adds so many things that you have to think about that you didn't have to before. At this point in my life, I don't need to add any more things I have to do each day. On long car trips, sometimes I like to have it on me because I like to travel late at night and early in the morning.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 04/17/2020 at 12:47 PM by Sniper
 04/17/2020 01:42 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Snip, concur. I started to think anything I could carry, would either not have enough stopping power or that I would just be out gunned without more magazine capacity. I mostly just have it in a safe in my truck.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/17/2020 02:15 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

And that is the balance every person has to decide for themselves.

If you are walking into a firefight with a handgun you are already in trouble. The main purpose of a handgun is to defend yourself at close range to either (hopefully) stop a fight or delay it until you can get to a real rifle/shotgun. (paraphrased from Col. Jeff Cooper of Gunsite) Stopping power is only part of the equation. A lot of people have been killed with 22LR. What I would carry in the western states is not what I would carry in Florida.

This is an interesting perspective, again from Col. Cooper:
"It has never been clear to me why increased magazine capacity in a defensive pistol is particularly choice. The bigger the magazine the bigger the gun, and the bigger the gun the harder it is to get hold of for people with small hands. And what, pray, does one need all those rounds for? How many lethal antagonists do you think you are going to be able to handle? Once when Bruce Nelson was asked by a suspect if the thirteen-round magazine in the P35 was not a big advantage, Bruce's answer was, "Well, yes, if you plan to miss a lot." The highest score I know of at this time achieved by one man against a group of armed adversaries was recorded in (of all places) the Ivory Coast! There, some years ago, a graduate student of mine laid out five goblins, with four dead and one totaled for the hospital. Of course there is the episode of Alvin York and his eight, but there is some dispute about that tale. (If you read it over very carefully you will see what I mean.) Be that as it may, I see no real need for a double column magazine. It is all the rage, of course, and like dual air bags, it is a popular current sales gimmick."

I went through Gunsite courses when he was still there. He was certainly a no-shit guy, and a great teacher. Carrying is a personal choice and the only wrong answer is to not spend the time to become truly proficient and comfortable with whatever you choose.
There are other options like CS spray or a stun gun. I've been maced (as part of a class) and it is pretty hideous stuff. Very handy and can be used on a dog without real harm.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 04/17/2020 02:29 PM

dingpatch

Buy my fins so that I can afford to get that Beretta APX Centurion!!

Dora Hates You
 04/19/2020 03:36 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I was out plinking today and I was reminded to suggest something I just added to the range bag recently but I really like - lead-off wipes. Like a can of baby wipes, but treated with a lead removing chemical. I wipe my hands down real good right after shooting. Highly recomend. Smell nice too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001S..._mt_dp_U_VhnNEbZ8PM6SS

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/20/2020 05:20 AM

dingpatch

Rusty,

Yes, wipes for lead. Just another one of those "Really?" things but, if you are one to pooh-pooh such a thing, , , , ,: I guess that you are comfortable with casually finding out what your tolerance to lead is?!

Dora Hates You
 04/20/2020 05:28 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: dingpatch

Rusty,

Yes, wipes for lead. Just another one of those "Really?" things but, if you are one to pooh-pooh such a thing, , , , ,: I guess that you are comfortable with casually finding out what your tolerance to lead is?!

?? I'm all about using them. Did I miss an FK reply or something?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/20/2020 05:34 AM

dingpatch

No, no miss, I was trying to be preemptive. I have some on order.

Dora Hates You
 06/05/2020 01:15 PM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Oh well, , , , got to handle the S&W but, went with the Taurus G2c, , , , ,

I just bought a S&W M&P 9mm Shield 2.0 from Cragg Firearms in Indialantic. I completely forgot about this place. They have guns and ammo available. Ding one of the guys that works there carries that same Taurus you bought. The place is pretty small but cool.

06/06/2020 09:42 AM

Bamboo

There are a bunch of studies on removing lead from hands, and not all of them point to the expensive products as the best. So, doing some research is worth your time.

for example: https://www.researchgate.net/p...emoving_lead_from_skin

I usually use plain old wet-ones or wet-ones citrus after a reloading or shooting session. There was a time when I had BLL over 10 (was in a specific environment with poor air), I now get my BLL checked every year and for the past decade it has been around the 5-8 level. The main thing is to practice good hygiene, don't touch your face or eat with bare hands, and wash hands when done or a couple times throughout the day.

Another cheap cleaner is citrus cleaner spray, use it on your hands, scrub, and rinse with water. A good buddy swears by Zote soap. He has consistently low BLLs too.

BTW - I've seen D-wipes at Ace Hardware for a fair price.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/12/2020 08:42 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: fishkller

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: GreenLantern

Handguns are boring to me. I don't really have a use for them.

i hope you never have a use for them. i hope i never have a use for mine either but i carry all the time wherever I go

on a bike ride to the store to visit family or friends anywhere but i always carry

I don't carry because I am protecting the world from me. lol

Guns make people bigger than they really are and that's a dangerous combination.

That's funny because that's exactly the way I feel. I was scrolling through this thread thinking "looks like everybody in the world is packing except for me- wtf"

I've never carried a gun, and don't want one within easy reach 99.999% of the time for a million reasons, but basically for the exact reason you said.

I'm protecting the world (and my loved ones, including myself) from me.

Sure it's "possible" a situation could arise where it would be helpful to have one- but for the other 99.99999% of situations, a gun being around would make things much worse.

Just my opinion and life decision.

Yup - not sure why everyone is so scared of everything. They make loud sounds and stuff and fun to shoot targets. But if you are walking around with one every day all the time, they you're just a pussy.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 06/13/2020 03:52 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I had the 938. I traded it for the browning black label 380. It was the the most accurate of all the small 9's. The black label browning 380 is crazy accurate. That's the trade off for the smaller round.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/14/2020 11:33 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: wtf
Originally posted by: fishkller
Originally posted by: GreenLantern Assholes get assaulted more often than normal people so they think they need protection. What they need is to quit starting fights and their world will be a lot safer.
Originally posted by: Cole Handguns are boring to me. I don't really have a use for them.
i hope you never have a use for them. i hope i never have a use for mine either but i carry all the time wherever I go on a bike ride to the store to visit family or friends anywhere but i always carry
I don't carry because I am protecting the world from me. lol Guns make people bigger than they really are and that's a dangerous combination.
That's funny because that's exactly the way I feel. I was scrolling through this thread thinking "looks like everybody in the world is packing except for me- wtf" I've never carried a gun, and don't want one within easy reach 99.999% of the time for a million reasons, but basically for the exact reason you said. I'm protecting the world (and my loved ones, including myself) from me. Sure it's "possible" a situation could arise where it would be helpful to have one- but for the other 99.99999% of situations, a gun being around would make things much worse. Just my opinion and life decision.
Yup - not sure why everyone is so scared of everything. They make loud sounds and stuff and fun to shoot targets. But if you are walking around with one every day all the time, they you're just a pussy.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 06/14/2020 11:34 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

That got messed up somehow

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 06/16/2020 05:06 AM

dingpatch

And now, Taurus just came out with the G3c; compact version of the G3. Initial reviews are "home run".

Dora Hates You
 06/16/2020 06:40 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

And now, Taurus just came out with the G3c; compact version of the G3. Initial reviews are "home run".

Of course they did! I bought the M&P Shield 2.0 which has pretty much zero difference from the previous model, but it was only model in stock. I ordered a conceal holster and have no clue how this is supposed to fit inside my belt line... I don't really plan on conceal carry as much as leaving it in my truck unless I end up in some sketchy area I'll carry.
 06/16/2020 09:13 AM

RustyTruck

The M&P Shield pocket carries well in Tru-Spec shorts with Nemesis holster, or as my kids say "Dad shorts".

06/16/2020 03:48 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: fishkller tribute troll babble deleted.
which is why a tribute troll is all you will ever be. who let u out of NSR?
FORUMS : NPNR : Which brand of 9MikeMike do you like?

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .