Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Thanks YouTube!
Topic Summary: You saved me over a thousand dollars
Created On: 02/12/2020 10:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/12/2020 10:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

My work van started sputtering last night on the way home. Engine light was on. Went to the local auto parts store and they said I have 2 bad fuel injectors on my 05 Ford E250 with 205400 miles on it. I got the injectors after watching how to install. Injectors were $180 each, probably $360 or more each if auto mechanic sold it to me. Took me 4 hours.
 02/12/2020 10:53 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Noice!!!
 02/12/2020 02:22 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I've saved many thousands with a Bluetooth scanner, a good set of tools, and the interwebs.

You guys remember when you had to get a Haynes manual and just figure it out?

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/13/2020 04:50 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Just put in a toilet with YouTube.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/13/2020 05:00 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

My daughter came to me one day and asked me to help her replace her valve cover gasket. It turned out that she just wanted me around in case she needed me. (She made that really clear, "Only help if I ask you!", which was fine with me. I am a do-it yourselfer, never paying somebody if I can do it myself.) She propped her laptop on the air filter cover and went to work and was done in an hour or so. Since then, she has done brakes, tuneups, water pump and other things. It's amazing what you can find on youtube and I am really glad she showed me (and proud that she, too, wants to do things herself).
 02/13/2020 05:25 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

My Dodge Charger's air re circulation stopped working. Before I even brought it in I Youtubed it and saw deep in one set of comments that this was a common problem and how no dealerships can figure it out, but it is the humidity sensor tucked behind the review mirror. I told the svc guy this when I first brought it in and he looked at me like I was an idiot. Well a couple weeks and three different dealerships looking at the car guess what it ended up being?! The humidity sensor. Thank You youtube.
FORUMS : NPNR : Thanks YouTube!

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .