Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: surfboard fees Frontier
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/10/2023 10:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2023 10:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

nico

Joined Forum: 09/07/2007

I cannot find a straight answer on surfboards fee flying with Frontier to Aguadilla PR, does anyone know? thank you
 01/10/2023 11:53 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They abandoned their customer service number. Do not fly with them.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/11/2023 08:12 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

You'll be lucky to get a straight answer on anything from Frontier. I had the unfortunate experience of flying with them a few days ago. From the moment you begin booking on their website or app, you can see it's designed to bait you into paying for something else -- including customer service. Yep! One of the options is to select "deal with our website bots only, for free" or a $10 upgrade for the privilege of speaking to a human if you need one.

I still haven't filled out the survey they emailed me, but if I can screenshot all 4 emails they sent me for each leg about my flight being delayed (more each time), that will be part of my response.

They have a terrible on-time departure record, and one obvious part of it is their enforcement at the gate of size restrictions on the one "personal item" you're allowed to carry for free. They're stopping passengers with bags that are smaller than the limit and still forcing a measurement in their size-test box, as one last attempt to hit customers for another $35 or more.

As a side note, another person I know paid for a carry-on bag with JetBlow. It met the size limit, but was heavier after Christmas than before, by about 14 pounds. They hit her for $10 per pound -- yes -- $140 on top of what she already paid to check it.

I think the only ways to win in PR is to keep all your gear there and fly in your trunks, rent gear there, or book tickets on American (boards fly free) far enough in advance to still be affordable.

Edited: 01/11/2023 at 08:13 AM by CurtisEflush
 01/16/2023 01:08 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

What I am seeing is:
-Checked Bag Fee + Oversized Checked Baggage: $75 per bag, per direction (Non-Refundable) -
-Bags between 63-110 linear inches subject to charge. Bags in excess of 110 linear inches will not be accepted.

I wonder how they are viewing double (triple) board bags? As one oversized checked bag (as long as it is underweight)??

Hey Curtis did you take boards?

Time and tide wait for no one.....
 01/17/2023 01:45 PM

Schlotted

Joined Forum: 01/30/2009

I think I paid $289 one way for a 8'0" hard case with 2 boards coming back from PR. It was $100 going down with Spirit. Those cheap tickets come at a cost.

01/19/2023 05:50 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: KP
Hey Curtis did you take boards?

Nope, sorry, but this was a domestic business trip anyway. I got 3 skateboards onto one of their flights 5 years ago (in a snowboard bag), but I'd be afraid to try that now.

Sad, but it's coming to this: (Skater breaks board in half to avoid $89 fee on Spirit)

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .