Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What happened?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/19/2022 12:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/25/2022 07:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: Skunkape

It's because of my bakers cyst pray for it to go away

Which religion is yours? I want to make sure this works.

-------------------------
I was right.
 07/25/2022 09:35 AM

Skunkape

Joined Forum: 08/03/2015

The one found in the gospels. If it works and I make it back, I promise to say a prayer for all of you!
 07/25/2022 05:45 PM

Bald Brother

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Hightower does seem to be growing exponentially with everyone parking across the street which, as Dave said, will be coming to a halt soon. Cole, hit me up w/ a text about mags; moved to CB (Jamaica Cove).

Bald Brother

"Surfing is prayer of a high order, the sea a beautiful church, the wave a silent sermon"
Tom Blake
 07/27/2022 07:05 AM

Skunkape

Joined Forum: 08/03/2015

Magnets are bumping while swelling in my knee is starting to subside. Tentatively planning a return to the water wish I had a mellower board as all of mine are built for speed. Gonna be fun learning to duck dive with my left knee. Thank you so much for the prayers I no someone did, rite back at you soon as I'm done with this post. Yew!
 07/27/2022 01:02 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: Bald Brother

Hightower does seem to be growing exponentially with everyone parking across the street which, as Dave said, will be coming to a halt soon. Cole, hit me up w/ a text about mags; moved to CB (Jamaica Cove).

Welcome, and I will. You are right up the road.

I was right.
 07/29/2022 08:22 AM

LaJune

Joined Forum: 10/04/2015

I've been going to Satellite beach alot lately around Pelican park and have had no issues. In fact the only paddle boarder I encountered said he would try not to hog too many waves and he proceeded to constantly catch waves where no one else was going for them which was great. 2nd light ironically is the only place recently where I've encountered some real jack asses (short boarders, and I'm a short boarder) so I quit going there.

Heavy is sign of reliability
 07/29/2022 10:03 AM

johnny tsunami

Joined Forum: 03/09/2005

Another possible factor - youtube vlogs (by Jamie O'Brien, Nathan Florence, Koa Rothman, Ben Gravy, etc.) have brought the entire world into every last aspect of the surfing experience from a first and second person point of view, likely making it all seem far less mysterious and overly attainable. And of course the explosion in popularity and accessibility of nifty, safe, and easy-to-use soft tops, which also happen to be hawked by many of the same youtube vloggers...

I believe the surf world may be ready for a Soviet-style disinformation campaign, which would aim to make surfing maximally frustrating and anti-addictive. E.g. "Ride what the real pros ride - narrowness, low volume, and rocker are your friends!", "NSI works best during a negative low tide with N winds over 20 kts", etc. Haha
 07/29/2022 11:33 AM

long_flaco1

Joined Forum: 09/25/2003

Not for nothing but i think someone said it earlier. "Water temp and air temps go down? WILL stop the madness 1000%" I watched this happen between last summer and this one specifically for hightower... We will be back to the regular scheduled program in the very near future i think homies

SK8 AND DESTROY
 07/29/2022 12:10 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I believe the surf world may be ready for a Soviet-style disinformation campaign,
Bring back "Summer of the Shark".

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 07/29/2022 01:19 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Cocoa Beach---Party Wave!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 07/30/2022 03:52 PM

puinsai

Joined Forum: 09/08/2011

We gonna get some legit swell soon you'll see and they gonna get stomped
 07/31/2022 02:41 AM

surfersince65

Joined Forum: 03/29/2008

Having to pay for parking in neighboring cities has pushed people to SB. Enforce parking and add paid parking, that will thin things out.

JMA

07/31/2022 08:25 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: Cole What happened? There used to be a pecking order with a modicum of respect and the better places had the better surfers. I hear bowling is fun.
and with all due respect to the many analyses of wtf happened eh?! Imho- it's,, ''Surf Schools'' ~~ Two fold with them too. (hmm, too many 2's too)) anyway, #1- What did surf culture think would result over a time if we allowed a million of the 10 million freak'n kooks newly taught to go ahead and continue trying to integrate into the lineups? They'd just be invisible?! #2 The educators neglect(ed) to "strongly" priority emphasize or, those of us who choose to live the life by the spirit and soul of the endeavor weren't proactive enough when the multitude o'school phenomenon began back those yrs ago, 'require' them, 'demand' them, somehow forcefully within our surf communities around the globe, the teaching of; "Surf Etiquette". To have fine tuned that process so as to never risk the way things have become even one iota, (you're gonna love this some of ya)-- 'legally' allow and make it an acceptable requirement (probably the only thing in society) of "Physical Regulation" out in the water for break'n da ediquette 'Laws'! Mangs'-- dat's the way it was when WE were come'n up back then til somebody called the cops the 1st time~~ anyway, ymmv damn- after reread'n this, I think we need t'go find some Waves. yeEw! Get sum

ola ~

07/31/2022 09:47 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

If you are complaining about kooks when its 2ft dribble, I hate to say it, but you are one.
 07/31/2022 10:56 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

equipeola - I think you are spot on. The instructors don't want to offend their customers by saying, "You are a kook for the first 10 years, show respect and here's how to show it."
 07/31/2022 11:53 AM

johnnyboy

Johnny tsunamis disinformation campaign is a very intriguing idea. The whole "surfing sucks don't try it" is too cute to work.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/31/2022 02:49 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

The surf schools nowadays are all-encompassing too.

In addition to selling lessons, they can also sell you:

surfboards
skateboards
pretend friends
a house
drugs?
 08/02/2022 08:07 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: chopola

If you are complaining about kooks when its 2ft dribble, I hate to say it, but you are one.

Have you looked at your screen name?

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : What happened?

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .