Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Funboard Twins
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/17/2021 02:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/17/2021 02:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 12/17/2021 04:49 PM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

cool vid esp the background music/conversation

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 12/18/2021 05:28 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I do like that everyone rides whatever in the hell they feel like riding these days.

I was right.
 12/18/2021 03:58 PM

Cole

Does anyone else remember when we used to get wave like that on a regular basis?

I was right.
 12/19/2021 03:42 AM

johnnyboy

There's a floater in there that's all time.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/21/2021 10:46 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Yes, happened often and I had a Surfboards Hawaii Twinzer--Very fast board!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 12/26/2021 05:54 AM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Originally posted by: Cole

Does anyone else remember when we used to get wave like that on a regular basis?

Musta been before my time came along in the early 80s. Sure it was better before beach renourishment and jetty reconfigurations, and before I got old and rickety. But I honestly don't recall it being like that on a regular basis. Occasionally maybe, but not significantly more often than now. For that matter, last couple months have been pretty good, although it looks like the next week will suck.

Besides, with global warming shouldn't the more frequent and stronger storms be kicking up more surf? Or maybe rising sea levels are creating a "super trough" instead? Just poking at tangible factors that might affect surf quality over the years beyond my own perceptions.

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 12/26/2021 05:56 AM

SurfCaster

And sweet video by the way

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 12/27/2021 06:36 AM

Cole

There was a time in Cocoa Beach when you could take off left, do a few turns, then head right for a hit or two and then streak back left for the fun section at the end. I also remember taking off at the flag pole at the Light and kicking out at the rocks where the stop light is now.

And why do north swells closeout now? That didn't used to be a thing?

I was right.
 12/27/2021 11:38 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Does anyone else remember when we used to get wave like that on a regular basis?
No We can dream. South facing Hatty beaches in summer when trade swell makes itself known? But I've only been in Brevard since 2013 so my mileage varies. I was in Volusia from 2004 to 2013 and never set foot in Brevard east of US-1 until the Mrs. Moved us down here. Before all that I was a VA person that treated OBX like home turf so Brevard kind of falls short of my memory on the regular.

Edited: 12/27/2021 at 11:40 AM by scombrid
 12/28/2021 06:37 AM

SurfCaster

There was a time in Cocoa Beach when you could take off left, do a few turns, then head right for a hit or two and then streak back left for the fun section at the end. I also remember taking off at the flag pole at the Light and kicking out at the rocks where the stop light is now.

It sure does seem like it used to be better but, again, I subscribe some (much?) of that to operator error. And I concur that it seems to close out more, although my "pop-ups" are more like "scramble ups" now as well.

You usually come across as surf-stoked in your posts, so hopefully you are still agile and can make a reasonable assessment against the "good ol' days"...although I seem to recall you mentioning being the father of a teenager so maybe you're of my vintage.

12/30/2021 11:09 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Or at BW on a north swell taking off in front of the park and ending south side of the condo.

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 12/30/2021 01:28 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: SurfCaster

It sure does seem like it used to be better but, again, I subscribe some (much?) of that to operator error. And I concur that it seems to close out more, although my "pop-ups" are more like "scramble ups" now as well.

You usually come across as surf-stoked in your posts, so hopefully you are still agile and can make a reasonable assessment against the "good ol' days"...although I seem to recall you mentioning being the father of a teenager so maybe you're of my vintage.

I'm old and repaired, but have managed to stay relatively fit (still ride a 6'0" shortboard), so surfing itself isn't an issue... I just hate waves that don't make it all the way through and it seems every spot but the most crowded are suffering the same affliction. Also, I don't mind crowds unless I am wave starved, but when the only place with decent waves is packed, it all becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : Funboard Twins

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .