Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any ocean fronf condos to recommend or avoid for a short-term move?
Topic Summary: Moving to satellite indiatlantic or South cocoa condo any recommendations? Anything to avoid
Created On: 08/22/2021 08:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2021 08:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Kids grown, sold my house in Orlando want to move to a condo on the ocean for a little while. Any condos to avoid and why any recommendations? I'm looking at a lower price. Any condos in front of some sort of break does not need to be classic. Just something I can walk to thanks.

Looking for several months to a year hopefully buy some place I can walk to the beach if this Market ever cools down

Edited: 08/22/2021 at 08:34 AM by surfnole
 08/22/2021 10:00 AM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

I was very hesitant to move oceanfront, but now I love it and while I live in a townhouse, not condo, I can share some info. Firstly I'd say if you're just planning for a year might want to consider a rental as all of the closing costs etc etc Also this market is crazy to the sellers side currently and while I don't think it is expected to tank anytime soon it does seem to be slowing a bit so that olde supply demand thing might come a bit more back into balance. For the condo if you do buy I'd suggest to avoid anything older ( the situation at Surfside has caused many local governments to force inspection or in some cases emergency repairs and those costs ultimately fall to homeowner ) and look closely very closely at the HOA, not just the monthly amount but look into the board and see who they are if they're competent to do things probably and efficiently or if they're just treading water or even worse behind on some issue needing assessments etc etc. Hope this is of help

-------------------------

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

08/22/2021 06:47 PM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

SC has some good points. Do your homework. I helped pour a few floors on a couple of the tall condos in Cocoa Beach and, ummmm. lots of concrete, lots of rebar, lots of salt, lots of beer breaks
...and by the way
Keep movin', nothin' to see here.....
we prefer UFGators on the coast...
Good luck
 08/25/2021 11:47 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I put an application in a condo just south of RCs. Price seems pretty good monthly payment for rent is roughly the payment for my mortgage on my old house. Two-bedroom comes with a garage and storage for surfboards bicycles Etc looking forward to getting back out in the morning before work or even at lunch
 08/26/2021 09:42 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: surfnole Kids grown, sold my house in Orlando want to move to a condo on the ocean for a little while. Any condos to avoid and why any recommendations? I'm looking at a lower price. Any condos in front of some sort of break does not need to be classic. Just something I can walk to thanks. Looking for several months to a year hopefully buy some place I can walk to the beach if this Market ever cools down
Forget the beach man! You should check out Tallahassee, I heard prices are low in that shitteholee
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .