Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Shoulder Replacement Feedback
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/01/2021 04:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2021 05:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Unfortunately I have arthritis of someone 20 years my senor due to speciffic injuries.... started adding turmeric to almost everything, and it definitely seems to help.
 08/13/2021 06:46 AM

gbigsurf1

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: RogerRoger

My right shoulder arthritis is taking the joy out of surfing. I can't dig hard when I paddle, it's slowing down my pop ups and the pain after a session makes it hard to sleep. My ortho said shoulder replacement is the only long term solution. I saw there is a thread on this. If you have had this done can you comment on how satisfied you are and any restrictions. I saw there is a ream and run replacement that doesn't use a plastic socket so less chance of failure. Anyone have this less common procedure?

I had my left shoulder completly replaced on 1/7/21 best thing I did, I did 6 months of PT, my biggest issue is now trying to paddle, I put my board in the pool, just having trouble getting the arm around. just is wanky trying to paddle, doing pop ups is getting better, all I can say is stick with the PT. It's a long healing process, if it's gonna be another 6 more months before I can paddle good, I'm ok with that. Good luck Roger!!!

-------------------------
Surf Hard Live Long. Peace Out
 08/19/2021 12:30 AM

RogerRoger

Joined Forum: 11/05/2011

Just had an MRI done. My rotator cuffs are intact so if I the stiffness and pain ever gets really severe I can do the should replacement. For now will manage with Ice and ibuprophen. Modifying my exercise routine to avoid overhead pressing and going light on chest exercises has helped. I don't fully extend my right arm when paddling but instead come around in more of a smaller circle. I can't dig as hard but I am able to surf. Thanks all for the advice.
 08/19/2021 09:49 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Turmeric in fried eggs! Yums!
 08/23/2021 10:10 AM

SurferSince1965

Joined Forum: 05/29/2015

If you do indeed go for a replacement by all means see Dr. Brian Bernard at the Jewett Clinic. He did my replacement and the results are amazing is all I can say, back surfing in small waves pain free.

-------------------------

JMA

08/23/2021 12:40 PM

driftwoodninesix

Joined Forum: 10/07/2003

You're gonna say this guy is crazy. I lived with pain for years all over my body and two years ago doc said you need surgery on your shoulder. I did not want to be down again. A friend got me into drinking nothing but v8 pomegranate juice. A lot of blueberry yogurt and cherry yogurt These are awesome superfoods. Also a drink called blue machine. Long story short I have no pain. I'm taking zero for pain. And that's a lot for me , I have left overs from the dessert inside me and a couple pounds of titanium. I drink 2 cans of the pomegranate juice a day and Probaly six things of yogurt. I also drink what's called a plant based meal replacement drink once a day. But take a moment look up pomegranate, blueberries and cherries.
FORUMS : Surfing : Shoulder Replacement Feedback

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .