Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: covid travel for centro america
Topic Summary: what are they
Created On: 06/21/2021 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2021 10:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

where can I find details on requirements for"
Nica
El Sal
Costa

Not seeing good or up to date details using google.
thnx
 06/21/2021 11:02 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

06/21/2021 11:19 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I have a friend who just got back from Costa Rica this past weekend. I'll see him tonight and ask if it was a pain.
 06/21/2021 11:31 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Costa - Getting there is easy. Mask in the airport like here, customs is slower than usual. Just need travel insurance and to fill out their travel form. Our airport will ask you for the barcode from that before they allow you on a flight. Getting back, you need to have a negative Covid test which you can schedule ahead of time and get done right outside the airport. Takes an hour to get your results back and maybe 15-30 minutes of waiting to get the test.
 06/21/2021 11:35 AM

RiddleMe

Nica - The issues right are now are getting an affordable flight at a reasonable time. Most people are going through the the Liberia airport in CR, rental car to the border, cross the border, get a rental car on the other side. Smooth sailing from there. You will need to obey the CR rules as above for both entries into Costa Rica (from the US and later from Nica). Nica does need a negative covid test for entry. You can get it either in the US or at the liberia airport after you land. Be mindful of when the car rental places close at the border or you might get screwed.
 06/21/2021 11:41 AM

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Nica - The issues right are now are getting an affordable flight at a reasonable time. Most people are going through the the Liberia airport in CR, rental car to the border, cross the border, get a rental car on the other side. Smooth sailing from there. You will need to obey the CR rules as above for both entries into Costa Rica (from the US and later from Nica). Nica does need a negative covid test for entry. You can get it either in the US or at the liberia airport after you land. Be mindful of when the car rental places close at the border or you might get screwed.

i noticed it's hard to find a flight into Managua right now.

Thnx for the info. I read that other thread on driving up from Liberia. the flights must be either way expensive or just really hard to book if people are going through that much trouble.
 06/22/2021 12:52 PM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

plus Liberia is not cheap either, heading down to CR in July but going into SJO

-------------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 06/22/2021 04:19 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: pumphouse
plus Liberia is not cheap either, heading down to CR in July but going into SJO

Tends to be, but American Airlines will take your board bag w/ 2 surfboards in it for the same price ($30 each way) as any other first checked bag. It's a gamble with getting butt-raped by JoltBlue and SmearIt, depending on what you're taking. I'm kinda over those thieves and clowns.
 06/22/2021 05:06 PM

RiddleMe

It was 290 round trip to Liberia when I went last month, but yeah, I hear prices went up.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .