Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tom Curren..
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/06/2021 10:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/06/2021 10:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

..is a different kind of human being. If he's a human being in the first place? This video sure doesn't help answer the question.

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/07/2021 04:42 AM

fausteddie

Joined Forum: 08/10/2009

That was fantastic! Still killing it and the quirkiness/creativity on full display.
 02/07/2021 06:51 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Oooooh look at the twinnies! Love that winged swallow. Yes!

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 02/07/2021 09:42 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Great stuff!!
Always loved his surfing style sooooooo much!!

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 02/07/2021 11:03 AM

johnnyboy

He's still man.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/07/2021 12:30 PM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: tom Oooooh look at the twinnies! Love that winged swallow. Yes!
This ^ !! Being from out there back when ride'n new age SD Keel fish'es, I'm partial to the area so cain't help dig'n this as much for the quality of the,, Drone Pilot! Couldn't help really like the movement from up high down right into the pocket timed so well it had me go'in- "whOa, nice!" and thems 'Points'-- oh mang~ Gracias mate!!

ola ~

02/08/2021 06:12 PM

johnnyboy

I think it's funny that he fills those hours when he's not surfing by playing his keyboard.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/08/2021 08:22 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

I think it's funny that he fills those hours when he's not surfing by playing his keyboard.

...and climbing gnarly rock mountains barefoot.

It's Big Lebowski-ish, but in real life. I love it.

I was right.
 02/09/2021 12:34 PM

johnnyboy

I heard probably the same rumors as everyone else that he was a irredeemable alcoholic. You can't surf and hike like that and be that kind of a drunk.

02/09/2021 02:00 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

To play on dingpatch's post - Soul: A whole video devoid of flapping and air.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 02/10/2021 06:04 AM

Cole

The perfect bottom turns are pure magic. The timing is pure genius. Not to mention that the wave looks gnarly as eff at size.

I was right.
 02/11/2021 05:31 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Curren most definitely has "Soul" and still rips. His style is timeless. That video made me dizzy though in more ways than one.
 02/11/2021 09:22 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Tom has always had style for days. His attitude towards surfing has certainly diminished. "Tube, sigh" "Chandelier, ahh go away" If there's something, somewhat older pro surfers get sick of its tasty waves and gold digging women. They clearly resort to climbing mountains, playing instruments and getting hitched lol. Nothing wrong with growing old when you've surfed every spot known to mankind.
 02/11/2021 11:06 AM

johnnyboy

He seems pretty happy.

02/11/2021 11:32 AM

Greensleeves

I was a beach lifeguard at Pacific Missile Test Center Point Mugu in California (Oxnard area) for several years. The waves there are incredible. You've probably never heard of it because it's a highly secure Navy Base (see video below of Dane at that exact break on the base). One summer after surfing 25 days in a row there I was assigned the lifeguard stand right near the pictured break on July 4th. The surf was gnarly and Tommy and an Oxnard local Curtis Caldwell destroyed south swell peaks for about two hours with locals and me in the stand just watching in awe. Pitted in hissing spitting barrels and so casual. It was perfect watching him bond with the gnar gnar bro.

I saw him a lot around that time in Ventura like early 80s and he would surf mini heats and do conditioning. He would ride a wave go to the beach, run up the beach and around something he'd planted there and then go out and repeat. A competitive animal really.

Then there was the weird magic he had, it was like he could be sitting in the lineup and waves would just appear where he was. Crazy.

Edited: 02/12/2021 at 07:04 AM by Greensleeves
FORUMS : Surfing : Tom Curren..

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .